Good charging stand for 6+

Mercule

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I just switched from a Nokia 928 to an iPhone 6+. The one thing that I really miss is the inductive charging pad on my nightstand. I'm not as concerned with the wireless charging feature as I am with not wanting to fumble with the coiled cord. I'd love to find a good charging dock that I could use one-handed, without having to remove my case. Any recommendations?

Ideally, this would have its own lightning port but be pretty basic, otherwise -- no need for a clock, speaker, etc., though I'm okay if there's a really good recommendation that includes that.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I just switched from a Nokia 928 to an iPhone 6+. The one thing that I really miss is the inductive charging pad on my nightstand. I'm not as concerned with the wireless charging feature as I am with not wanting to fumble with the coiled cord. I'd love to find a good charging dock that I could use one-handed, without having to remove my case. Any recommendations?

Ideally, this would have its own lightning port but be pretty basic, otherwise -- no need for a clock, speaker, etc., though I'm okay if there's a really good recommendation that includes that.

I use the ElevationLabs' Elevation Dock 3.

Elevation Dock 3 - iPhone Dock for 6 & 6+ with Lightning cord included | ElevationLab
View attachment 86344

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I can't offer a GOOD suggestion on a stand, but I can tell you the one that my wife bought for the both of us was a total piece of crap for the 6 Plus. It didn't sit well on the connector, and would regular lose charging connection because of the way it sat on the dock, at which point it was just sitting there doing nothing. I used it on my night stand for about a month, and have since stopped used it period...

It was this one from Belkin...(I think this link goes to the old 30-pin version, but it looks exactly the same as the one for lightning cable) Charge + Sync Dock for iPhone and iPod (30-pin)

Worked perfectly for my wife's regular 6 though...I tested my 6 Plus on her stand and it did the same thing mine did.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I saw that one. I looks nice, but $90 is quite the price tag -- I could get a speaker stand for about that price. Is it really that nice?

I just looked at that thing...$90 is an almost comical amount to ask for a freakin' dock like that with such a basic function. Its not even worth half that...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73