iPhone 6 plus durability

Jason Grant4

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I love my iPhone I can't put it down. My only complaint is that the phone has so much beauty in the design but The iPhone is not water friendly, metal dents and scratches and glass scratches and shatters. Apple could consider durability as beauty.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Apple did its part by creating an iPhone that appeals to you. The least you can do is take responsibility for its upkeep.

tattooed4515

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
I recently dropped my 6+ from a garbage truck cab, about 6' high, and it dropped out of the cab and onto the pavement below, screen down, with nothing but an apple silicone case on it. Screen didn't break, and the phone is fine.

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
How much of time do you consider durable? Now you want apple to make diamond unibody iPhone. That will be as durable as time. Question is, how many people will buy it?
I mean if money is not an issue for you, you can bank apple to build a durable iPhone 6 series diamond base for you. But 6s is just near by, 7 is not far away too Like others said, the least I can do with the well designed iPhone Apple made is to take care of it so it can be durable to. Taking into consideration that everything that get use get used ease my mind on babying thing up, even our body is not that durable through out time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chrisforpm

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
It has never been marketed as indestructible. If you drop anything made of glass and metal there is a chance it will break. I don't know why people think these things will never break. Do you buy a coffee mug and expect it to survive a drop from 3 ft?

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Samsung has the Active model that adds the water friendly and durability (additional) for harsh conditions. Think that Kyocera and Cat also have offerings in this space. Suggest looking into those vendors if water friendliness and durability (without a case) is an important factor.

Several case makers have cases for the iPhone lineup that address water and drop/dust protection, so that could also be something to consider if you want to continue using an iPhone.

Jason Grant4

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I personally have never damaged my iPhone or any iPhone. I am forced to Andriod and carry two phones the Andriod is very durable. I would like the best of both worlds. I can dream.

Jason Grant4

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I personally have never damaged any of my iPhone's. I am forced to carry an Andriod for its durability. Two phones. I would like to carry one. What a dream.

pelodelobo

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
My is still strong...my daughter dropped it down one day...I was about to die before to lay it up, but when I diced I just lose the screen protector

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I personally have never damaged any of my iPhone's. I am forced to carry an Andriod for its durability. Two phones. I would like to carry one. What a dream.

There are things (features, capabilities) I like more about Android compared to iOS, and the same for iOS compared to Android; so I appreciate your dilemma. Neither is a perfect OS, but both are quite good in my view.

At the hardware level, there are plenty of good cases that offer drop protection and water resistance - for iPhones and those that run Android based OS's. Such cases might be a good option to help protect an iPhone so that only one phone is required.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I love my iPhone I can't put it down. My only complaint is that the phone has so much beauty in the design but The iPhone is not water friendly, metal dents and scratches and glass scratches and shatters. Apple could consider durability as beauty.

7rwSpeH.gif

...in other news...water is wet, dinosaurs are extinct and oxygen is essential.

Voicing your opinion and preferences/desires is all fine and good...but pretending like Apple did something wrong because the iPhone doesn't satisfy every consumer in 100% of the ways they want to be satisfied is just plain asinine.

Intense Soul

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
Sorry to say, but one of my friend is a delivery guy. He used to drive his scooter by putting iPhone in his front basket during rainy nights and phone used to drench in rain. Though screen is delicate but water proof.

JCott2

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site
Now, if Apple went out of business today and all of the sudden iphones became collectible, appreciating items, i could see your point.............

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711