So my wife and i received the data usage message from AT&T saying that we used 75% of our allotted data for the billing cycle. Crazy thing is we were only 8 days into the cycle! Nothing has changed as far as our usage because we track it each month as i am kind of a stickler with the data used. Called AT&T and they even agreed that was against our normal trend for data usage. They stated they couldn't do anything as far as adjustments. So i started to watch everything as far as data usage went and I caught something weird happening. SIAP, but i noticed while on wifi whether it be at work or at home, i would get the notification that "Cellular Data is turned off" for apps that truly had cellular data off. Why would i be getting this message if i am on wifi?! This started after the ios 8.4 update. I read somewhere where ios 8.4 will look to see which network is faster whether it be cellular or wifi regardless if you are on wifi or not. Is there any truth to this? If so i am sure that is the issue. Anyone else experiencing unusually high cellular data usage since the update?
Thanks in advance.
- 07-27-2015, 11:10 PM #2
- 07-27-2015, 11:46 PM #4
- 07-28-2015, 08:06 AM #5
- 07-28-2015, 10:11 AM #6
- 07-28-2015, 10:16 AM #7
- 07-28-2015, 09:53 PM #8
- 07-28-2015, 10:15 PM #9
Re: Data Usage!
- 07-29-2015, 11:58 AM #10
- 07-29-2015, 07:22 PM #11
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 6 PlusReplies: 5Last Post: 08-09-2015, 12:00 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 8Last Post: 07-30-2015, 05:22 AM
- By iMore Question in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 4Last Post: 07-27-2015, 11:31 AM
- By vijaycse03 in forum iOS DevelopmentReplies: 1Last Post: 07-24-2015, 06:27 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-24-2015, 10:41 AM