On the fence and thinking of coming back to ios!

bigsmoke79

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
Long story short owned iphones up till iphone 4, then moved to the note range and have loved it! however the next line of note phones is changing everything for me! and now that the 6plus (always loved bigger screens) is here it could be time for me to come back to Apple!

Anyone recommend a easy way to switch details, contacts etc over to a iphone from android?

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Haha :) I only ever left because of the bigger screen of the note series and sd storage but now the 6 plus is here and sd storage is being done away now could be the time.

I agree. The larger 5.5 inch screen on my 6Plus is perfect for these aging eyes

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
If you want to get rid of the Google environment altogether, you can choose to export your contacts in Google and import them in iCloud. That way you won't have to sync your contacts with Google anymore.

You can also search for the Apple tool to switch from android to Apple. I'm not sure what it's called but it's available on 'the' Internet.

bigsmoke79

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
Thanks all will check those transferring options out.

I do love the customisation and tinkering of android but the older I get the less I can be bothered, These days I prefer sleek smooth software over gimmicks and basically want something that just works and I think apple can offer me that again.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks all will check those transferring options out.

I do love the customisation and tinkering of android but the older I get the less I can be bothered, These days I prefer sleek smooth software over gimmicks and basically want something that just works and I think apple can offer me that again.

EXACTLY this^^^, and I haven't looked back. The Apple iPhone "JUST WORKS"

john_v

Apr 20, 2010
www.vinniesphotos.blogspot.com
Long story short owned iphones up till iphone 4, then moved to the note range and have loved it! however the next line of note phones is changing everything for me! and now that the 6plus (always loved bigger screens) is here it could be time for me to come back to Apple!

Anyone recommend a easy way to switch details, contacts etc over to a iphone from android?

Do it, I think you'll like it. I'm same boat as you, used the Note 2, Note 3, and Note Edge, but the Lollipop updated ruined the whole Edge experience for me. Picked up a used 5S online (holding out for the 6S or 7 in the fall) to go with my iPad Air 2, and am totally happy. Installed the public beta on both, and ironically it works better than Lollipop did on my Edge (go figure).

Easy as pie to switch, as mentioned above, if you're still planning on using GMail. Just plug your credentials in and go!

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Do it, I think you'll like it. I'm same boat as you, used the Note 2, Note 3, and Note Edge, but the Lollipop updated ruined the whole Edge experience for me. Picked up a used 5S online (holding out for the 6S or 7 in the fall) to go with my iPad Air 2, and am totally happy. Installed the public beta on both, and ironically it works better than Lollipop did on my Edge (go figure).

Easy as pie to switch, as mentioned above, if you're still planning on using GMail. Just plug your credentials in and go!

Yeah, what he said. . . .And I don't think you'll regret it.

katesbb

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site

One trick I'd mention...

I don't believe Gmail gets "pushed" instantly to the stock Mail app. A popular workaround you might consider is to create your icloud.com email address, forward all your Gmail to it, then just sync Contacts, Calendars and Notes with Google - but NOT Mail.

That way you still get near-instant Gmail delivery, only it's to your icloud.com address.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711