AT&T Next questions

asuprice

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I sold my iPhone 6 plus a few months ago to go to the LG G4. I sold my old iPhone 6 plus and upgraded with Next. I am looking at buying a new iPhone 6 Plus on eBay. My questions are 1. can I sell my phone with no problems even though I financed it on next? And 2. If the phone I buy was financed on next and the seller stops making payments, will the phone get blacklisted and I'll be SOL? I know T-mobile does this from the threads I've read, but I can't find any concrete information about AT&T.

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: AT&T Next questions

If you are under a contract, you are responsible for making the payments you agreed to. The same would go for any person. I would contact AT&T to find out what your options are.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

IME AT&T doesn't care what you do with a financed phone as long as you continue your payments. You can sell it (I have and AT&T is aware that I've sold the phone), I don't know what they do to the phone if you stop paying for it.

from Elegance

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site

IME AT&T doesn't care what you do with a financed phone as long as you continue your payments. You can sell it (I have and AT&T is aware that I've sold the phone), I don't know what they do to the phone if you stop paying for it.

from Elegance

They could Blacklist the phone basically making it the same as an iPod Touch. They know the IMEI # and blacklist it should you not pay the finance payments

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Good job on committing fraud, unless you turned around and paid the device off in full.
Of course I paid the device off. Who knows what AT&T would have done if I all-the-sudden stopped paying for it. Where is the fraud? Please elaborate.

from the Elegance

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

Of course I paid the device off. Who knows what AT&T would have done if I all-the-sudden stopped paying for it. Where is the fraud? Please elaborate.

from the Elegance

If you sold the phone to someone else, and then stopped making payments on your "lease" from AT&T, they could blacklist the phone, which would render it useless for the new owner, and they wouldn't understand why until they contacted AT&T and found out that there was "x" amount of money owed on the phone via the NEXT program. I'm not even sure they could pay to have the phone reactivated without the help of the original owner...which would essentially give them a very expensive iPod Touch.

At the end of the day, if you buy a used iPhone these days...you better do some homework before you settle in to enjoy it, or you might end up screwed over.

I'm simply answering the "what if" question...not accusing you, tadpoles, of doing this. Just for clarifications sake.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

If you sold the phone to someone else, and then stopped making payments on your "lease" from AT&T, they could blacklist the phone, which would render it useless for the new owner, and they wouldn't understand why until they contacted AT&T and found out that there was "x" amount of money owed on the phone via the NEXT program. I'm not even sure they could pay to have the phone reactivated without the help of the original owner...which would essentially give them a very expensive iPod Touch.

At the end of the day, if you buy a used iPhone these days...you better do some homework before you settle in to enjoy it, or you might end up screwed over.

I'm simply answering the "what if" question...not accusing you, tadpoles, of doing this. Just for clarifications sake.
I understand. However, wouldn't I not only be screwing the buyer, but more importantly to me, messing up my credit and my account with AT&T I'd imagine. Like I said, AT&T doesn't care as long as you keep paying the bill and not paying it is not an option as far as I'm concerned.

from the Elegance

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

I understand. However, wouldn't I not only be screwing the buyer, but more importantly to me, messing up my credit and my account with AT&T I'd imagine. Like I said, AT&T doesn't care as long as you keep paying the bill and not paying it is not an option as far as I'm concerned.

from the Elegance

A person who would screw over the new owner would most likely have little regard for things like credit scores and past due AT&T accounts.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site

basically your phone is in payments so if you sell it you can not obviously turn it in for the credit towards a new phone .. if you sell it you still owe the financed amount IE monthly payment until the device is payed in full.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods