Should I wait or....

madkoda12

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Hey there guys, I am an Android guy. I was hoping to switch over to the IPHONE after years and years of using android phones. My current phone (the one plus one) has been real buggy and laggy. I was wondering do you guys think it would be a great Idea to get the 6PLUS or wait for the new 6PLUS S to come out?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
That depends on 'you'. It is 'assumed' that the next iPhone will be available in September. If you can wait, then wait. If you cannot, go ahead an get the current iPhone 66 Plus and enjoy it. The next iOS version (iOS 9) works well with it. Still, what do YOU think you should do?

madkoda12

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Honestly I don't want to wait haha. But I would be really upset with myself for not waiting if the next IPhone has massively updated specs. I know usually the S line is not a BIG update but with the rumors going around it's a little harder to know what to do.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Honestly I don't want to wait haha. But I would be really upset with myself for not waiting if the next IPhone has massively updated specs. I know usually the S line is not a BIG update but with the rumors going around it's a little harder to know what to do.

I understand, but think about it this way: What would the 6S do that the current 6/6 Plus can't that would be a deal breaker? The next iPhone is rumored to have a bigger megapixel camera. Is the current camera on the iPhone insufficient? Let's say it comes with a 1080P front facing camera. Do you use the front-facing camera enough for it to truly matter? Let's say it comes with 2 GB RAM, but 'real world' performance is increased only by a second. Having said that, if you're going to buy outright then get the iPhone 6 Plus. You can always get the next iPhone on contract if you find it to be a bit more appealing. If you're going to get the device on contract, then wait for the next iPhone.

xNeezzy

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
Hey there guys, I am an Android guy. I was hoping to switch over to the IPHONE after years and years of using android phones. My current phone (the one plus one) has been real buggy and laggy. I was wondering do you guys think it would be a great Idea to get the 6PLUS or wait for the new 6PLUS S to come out?

Wait for the 6 plus S to come out, it'll be better and worth the wait

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Knowing the 6s/6sPlus was approx 3 to 4 months away from being released when I purchased my 6Plus, I'm glad I did. This iPhone is AWESOME. I might get the 6sPlus or wait on the iPhone 7, either way I'm HAPPY with my decision. The decision is ultimately yours but I say go for it and get the 6Plus now.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Speaking in general...it'd be foolish to buy the previous model iPhone with the new model so close to release (if history serves us correctly)...especially if you desire the latest and greatest.

Should you wait? I couldn't care less...do what makes you satisfied. I personally wouldn't buy a 6 Plus right now vs. waiting...but I also have one, so my view on it is a bit irrelevant to someone who doesn't.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I was so desperate to get rid of a Blackberry that I got a 4S about a month before the 5. So it depends how bad you want out from your current phone. The 6 Plus is going to be good to go for a while. The increase in ram in the 6S is probably one of the most anticipated upgrades so think about that.

madkoda12

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for all your help. I liked hearing the different views and stuff that a lot of you had. I think I might go with the 6Plus and if the 6S/6Plus-S has a significant enough upgrade do that on contract. I know I'm ready to come over to IPhone from android.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Good luck with your decision and purchase. Personally unless my phone was not un-usable or the 6 plus was free I would wait the month and a half to see what the new model will bring.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for all your help. I liked hearing the different views and stuff that a lot of you had. I think I might go with the 6Plus and if the 6S/6Plus-S has a significant enough upgrade do that on contract. I know I'm ready to come over to IPhone from android.

On behalf of all who responded, you're very welcome...:)

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site

I would go for it now imo. Rumors saying the new update will have force touch and imo for me at least not worth waiting for imo. As somebody else said ios 9 runs fine on the iPhone 6 plus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I was so desperate to get rid of a Blackberry that I got a 4S about a month before the 5. So it depends how bad you want out from your current phone. The 6 Plus is going to be good to go for a while. The increase in ram in the 6S is probably one of the most anticipated upgrades so think about that.

Honestly after a while I couldn't tell a difference with my iPad Air 2 and iPhone 6 plus with thr iPad having 2GB of ram. Yeah safari tabs reload more on the iPhone buy no big issue imo

IOS is less hardware dependent so the 6 plus should last the full two years you'll own it perfectly fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
In tech, you'll always be waiting for the next best thing. However, wait and get the next best thing just so you don't regret it.

anon(5061193)

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site

Don't wait.. If you wait for the "Next One" you will never buy anything!!! Buy what you want TODAY

alias3800

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Hmm... Do you have T-Mobile? I think that might be the only reason I'd recommend getting the Plus now. They have it at a really nice discount with a trade-in (trade in something cheap) and you can Jump to the newest one once it comes out. That's exactly what I just did (and will do - I came from a Nexus 6). Otherwise though.. Man, I'd say to wait. This device with maybe an extra gig of RAM and an even better camera? How could it not be a 10/10?

Don't get me wrong - if you get this now, you're absolutely going to love it. But if you're the type of guy who bought the OnePlus One, you probably like having the newest/best phone. And... It would suck to have "phone envy" so quickly after buying your phone.

But man... These phones feel SO much more polished for whatever reason. Hardware + software.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I'd wait. Last year, before the 6 was out, I had been using a "dumb phone" with a slide out keyboard for years. Not out of choice, but because I couldn't afford the latest and greatest (high school student at the time). Then, I got my first job and had enough money in July 2014 to buy a 5s outright, but I decided to wait the extra 2-2.5 months for the 6 to come out. I'm really glad I did, and I think if you wait, you'll feel the same way. If you can live with your OPO for just 2 more months, I'd suggest waiting for the 6s. :)

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I'd wait for the 6S. It's a little under 2 months away. The S line has always been 'better' than the first version IMO. Think of it this way... Would you rather use last year's model for the next 2 years or this year's model?

I can almost guarantee you that you will have some sort of regret later on if you don't wait to buy the iPhone 6S.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal