Anybody trying the new IOS 9 on the 6 plus?

AlexJ92

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I'm thinking of trying out the iOS 9 beta on my iPhone 6+, is anybody experiencing any major problems? I understand that there may be some issues as it is a pre-launch version of iOS 9.

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
Yes I have tried it. It's a thread already for iOS 9 beta discussion. Search and you will find it.

Sent from the great iPhone 6+

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Yes and there are issues. If your worried about stability, beta is not for you.

Sent from my iPad Air 2 using Tapatalk

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I can install it if I want, but I'm choosing to stay away from betas this year. The new stuff isn't something I'm eager to try like I was last year with iOS 8. I don't really recommend installing it just for the sake of having it installed.

Gtech21

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I have iOS 9 on my 6 plus and yes there are a few issues but overall not a bad experience.

There are of course a few third party apps that need to be updated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Had it...didn't feel like dealing with the buggy stuff common to betas...reverted back to iOS 8 and have no regrets about doing so. I did a beta tests many moons ago with every new iOS that came out, and remembered disliking the experience on my daily driver phone. I won't forget that again.

For what it's worth, I did the same thing after trying out El Capitan for a few weeks...only with my MBP as my work horse, it was more of a necessity to switch back to Yosemite than a preference.

I think I personally prefer to experience Apple's OS releases in their final, polished form instead of the "work in progress" time frame...it takes something away from it to me.

plokhoj

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I don't recommend you to instal iOS9 beta right now - too many bugs. But if you have another device you may try, new search feature is really great.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I've have been using iOS 9 developer beta as my daily driver since beta 2. Beta 3 is very stable on 'my' iPhone 6 Plus, and battery life is superb. Having said that, I would not recommend any beta versions of iOS to anyone who may be unfamiliar with how their devices work, or who may be technically deficient, so to speak.

Last edited:

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I've have been using iOS 9 developer beta as my daily driver since beta 2. Beta 3 is very stable on 'my' iPhone 6 Plus, and battery life is superb. Having said that, I would not recommend any beta versions of iOS to anyone who may be unfamiliar with how their devices work, or who may be technically deficient, so to speak.

I've had a lot of lag with animations. It's doable but I can't say it's very stable yet. I agree though that battery is superb.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Is there anyway to set the ios 9 beta 3 up, instead of having developer account?

Without a registered UDID, I recommend you install the iOS 9 Public beta which is supposedly the same as beta 3.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox