New iPhone 6+ Owner

IanMcB

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
Hey folks,

Been a long time Android user and AndroidCentral lurker/poster(first HTC Evo 4G) and Palm before that. I have had an iPad for a few years and my wife has been using iPhones since the 4 so I do make my way over here on occasion,

Anyway, we moved from T-Mobile to Verizon yesterday - she needed a new phone so got a 6. I had a TMobile Note 4 so knew I'd have to get a new phone, Looked at all of their Android offerings and was left kind of uninspired so figured I'd take an iPhone for a whirl. Went with the white/silver 6+. Since I had the iPad I'm somewhat familiar with iOS so it won't be as dramatic a leraning curve as it might have been, but still have to get used to some things.

Form wise I really like the phone so far - looking forward to playing with it and learning tips/secrets/etc from this side of the fence.

anon(5061193)

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Best of luck. I am sure you will enjoy it. Especially iMessage, FaceTime with your wife... What I like the best is that if there is a problem, I walk into an Apple store and they take care of me. If my Android breaks or if something needs to be tweaked or changed, what do I do??

Having the company stand behind you is a huge plus for me. I would recommend putting Apple Care on the phone. It has saved me on a few occasions

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
Welcome to the iPhone community, I'm pretty sure you will like the iPhone 6 plus. The size shouldn't be a problem since you had the Note 4. Most people who don't like the 6 plus never had a big phone and always end up going to the iPhone 6. Sit back relax and enjoy your new iPhone 6 plus.

KBV1

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I'd be interested to see how you get on with this as I am an android user too, and love it. I had an iPhone 4 then switched to a Galaxy S4 on release as Apple were falling behind. I bought a Galaxy S6 on release and love that [the camera is incredible], but I have found myself edging back more to iPhone. The reason is that it seems to be more supported over Android which is a bit of a shame. For example.. Visited Disney World FL last week and everything was iPhone.

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
As a hobbiest/enthusiast its nice to me to have both Android and iOS communicators. iOS for its refined simplicity, compatibility, app quality, and ecosystem and Android for its flexibility, customability, an hardware choices. I really think you'll enjoy how refined the iPhone is. Enjoy!

420benz

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Considering an iphone 6+.BUT I have the Samsung Note 4 and love the Nover Launcer. This question is for the guys that switched from Android. Is there any aps or options that compair to Nova Lawncher? ?

darthmilo69

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
I had Nova launcher on my note 3 and I liked it. I don't think you can download another home launcher on iOS. But I can be wrong. I've only had the 6 plus for a week now.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Considering an iphone 6+.BUT I have the Samsung Note 4 and love the Nover Launcer. This question is for the guys that switched from Android. Is there any aps or options that compair to Nova Lawncher? ?

I use Nova on all my android phones. I have used the 6 Plus most of the time since December though. You don't have the option to change much on an iPhone. Certainly nothing like Nova Launcher. That being said, I don't have the urge to mess with my 6 Plus. It works and works well. No reason to mess with it.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Hey folks,

Been a long time Android user and AndroidCentral lurker/poster(first HTC Evo 4G) and Palm before that. I have had an iPad for a few years and my wife has been using iPhones since the 4 so I do make my way over here on occasion,

Anyway, we moved from T-Mobile to Verizon yesterday - she needed a new phone so got a 6. I had a TMobile Note 4 so knew I'd have to get a new phone, Looked at all of their Android offerings and was left kind of uninspired so figured I'd take an iPhone for a whirl. Went with the white/silver 6+. Since I had the iPad I'm somewhat familiar with iOS so it won't be as dramatic a leraning curve as it might have been, but still have to get used to some things.

Form wise I really like the phone so far - looking forward to playing with it and learning tips/secrets/etc from this side of the fence.

Nice! Enjoy your new iPhone and welcome to iMore!

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I use Nova on all my android phones. I have used the 6 Plus most of the time since December though. You don't have the option to change much on an iPhone. Certainly nothing like Nova Launcher. That being said, I don't have the urge to mess with my 6 Plus. It works and works well. No reason to mess with it.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

One of the drawbacks of ios is the fact the home screen is just a bunch of apps and that's it. I would love an app drawer and only put the ones I want on the house me screen. Other then that I have no other issues with ios.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mayconvert

May 7, 2013
Visit site
6+ is great. I think you will like it.
I have the 6 and use it part time. I also have the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge and switch to iPhone here and there.
Grats on new phone. Enjoy.

Bowlegz

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
I came from Android as well, and one thing that I thought I would miss is the customization aspects of Android. Honestly, iOS is so well polished that you won't feel the need to change anything. The 6plus is a beast of a phone that you will not regret, and you at least know that Apple will support the hardware with software updates for years to come! That was always a big issue with Android, you just never knew when your device would be updated, if at all! Enjoy your new phone, and welcome.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Congrats on your new phones. You can get LOTS and LOTS of tips by continuing to surf iMore content :) If you come up with a question just ask

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711