Why should I switch to the iphone 6 Plus

420benz

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
I have the Samsung Note 4 and like the ability to download from the internet, change keypads etc. But this phone has problems. My biggest problem is that it is slow. I got a signal booster rrom Verizon but it didn't help. Don't know if an iphone will solve my problem.

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Have you tried clearing the cache in recovery or storage? You can also disable any carrier bloat that you are not using. PM me if I can be of any assistance with this.

Now, getting a 6+ won't hurt but it may not be entirely necessary to improve your experience.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I can't tell you why 'you' should switch to an iPhone 6 Plus. That is something 'you' have to decide for yourself. Having said that, if you're living in an area with a spotty cell signal, I doubt a change of phones will help. A wireless carrier change may be in order.

420benz

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Guys I was going to switch to tmobile and have them pay the 499.00 I owe Verizon for my phone. But I must trade in this one and buy another Tmobile phone for about 750.0

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
I came from a note 4 to 6 plus. I always had gps on my note 4, all 3 of them. The iphone is on the money with the gps. I think apps look better on ios, like facebook and twitter come to mind they are easier to use one handed with they layout. Battery is a beast I get 9 to 10 hours of screen time. I was getting 6 hours of screen time on note 4 and then with lollipop update it went down to about 5 hours. I thought the note 4 was much worse after the lollipop update. If you give it time I think ios is great, but for me it took maybe 4 to 5 weeks to get over the android ability to switch things up.

burwil

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
I had the Note 3 with Verizon. It became useable due to awful reception. I switched to tMobile and the 6 plus and reception is great again. Don't know if the problem was the carrier or phone or a little bit of both. Now after a few months with the Plus my conclusions.....Safari sucks. Only good thing about it is reading mode. But it is slow and does not want to give you the full path name in the address bar. Nor can you scroll it. Fortunately there are alternatives. For some reason Tapatalk performs slowly compared to the android version. Seen other people complain and no good solution found. Google apps work great! Hurray! Battery life is outstanding. This is a very functional first generation big screen and will easily last you till the 7 comes out (read: you can skip the S).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

420benz

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
I came from a note 4 to 6 plus. I always had gps on my note 4, all 3 of them. The iphone is on the money with the gps. I think apps look better on ios, like facebook and twitter come to mind they are easier to use one handed with they layout. Battery is a beast I get 9 to 10 hours of screen time. I was getting 6 hours of screen time on note 4 and then with lollipop update it went down to about 5 hours. I thought the note 4 was much worse after the lollipop update. If you give it time I think ios is great, but for me it took maybe 4 to 5 weeks to get over the android ability to switch things up.
Thats what I love about the Note 4.I am using the Nova Lawncher and I have changed the look of the keyboard , Chomp messageing page plus other cosmetic changes. Don't know how many changes I can make on the iphone 6+.

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Thats what I love about the Note 4.I am using the Nova Lawncher and I have changed the look of the keyboard , Chomp messageing page plus other cosmetic changes. Don't know how many changes I can make on the iphone 6+.

That's one thing I like about this Note 4 too. Should I want I can at least make it look similar to my 6+ in a about 15 seconds or I can give it several other completely different looks. I get bored so I like to switch things up.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I had the Note 3 with Verizon. It became useable due to awful reception. I switched to tMobile and the 6 plus and reception is great again. Don't know if the problem was the carrier or phone or a little bit of both. Now after a few months with the Plus my conclusions.....Safari sucks. Only good thing about it is reading mode. But it is slow and does not want to give you the full path name in the address bar. Nor can you scroll it. Fortunately there are alternatives. For some reason Tapatalk performs slowly compared to the android version. Seen other people complain and no good solution found. Google apps work great! Hurray! Battery life is outstanding. This is a very functional first generation big screen and will easily last you till the 7 comes out (read: you can skip the S).

Safari isn't slow in any regard.

And it's kind of comical that you would suggest people skip a variant of a phone that doesn't have any information available about it, but would suggest getting the variant AFTER that, which is essentially just a pipe dream right now, all things considered.

Any other non sense you want to pull out of your rear end?

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I have the Samsung Note 4 and like the ability to download from the internet, change keypads etc. But this phone has problems. My biggest problem is that it is slow. I got a signal booster rrom Verizon but it didn't help. Don't know if an iphone will solve my problem.

Welcome to iMore! Have you had problems with your service in the past? If so perhaps it's not the device.

If you like android, you should stay with it. Maybe try to get Verizon to get you a new note 4 to see if the problems continue?

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site

I love safari imo. For me tapatalk is just as fast as it was on Android but I haven't used Android in a few months now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kobe008

Feb 26, 2015
Visit site
Battery is a beast I get 9 to 10 hours of screen time. I was getting 6 hours of screen time on note 4 and then with lollipop update it went down to about 5 hours.

How did you find your screen on time with the iphone I thought it didn't keep track of that.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
How did you find your screen on time with the iphone I thought it didn't keep track of that.

I generally go by this myself

ea79ed3906cf16356934d092155f1d09.jpg

Right now it's doing something weird but if your not playing music in the background while your screen is off usage I find is pretty accurate.

burwil

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
Safari isn't slow in any regard.

And it's kind of comical that you would suggest people skip a variant of a phone that doesn't have any information available about it, but would suggest getting the variant AFTER that, which is essentially just a pipe dream right now, all things considered.

Any other non sense you want to pull out of your rear end?

Let me google that for you and your impolite attitude.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Safari+slow

Sent from my iPhone 6 + using Tapatalk

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Let me google that for you and your impolite attitude.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Safari+slow

Sent from my iPhone 6 + using Tapatalk

I've seen those and I still prefer safari over the competition. Other people might run into it on their iPhone and iPad but for me it's doing its job fine.

The only other browsers I have used on my ios devices is opera and chrome

Oh just want to say I tend to ignore that guy

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox