iPhone won't back up to iCloud

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
What's good imore,

I've been having issues with backing up to iCloud from my WI FI. I plug my device into a power source then go to my settings iCloud back up, then check on backup. It does its thing for a few seconds then I lock my phone then when I unlock my phone and check, it says " couldn't be backed up".
I have also made sure I have enough space on my iCloud storage which is 190Gb.
Any help people? No idea what I'm doing wrong, oh and I'm running the latest IOS version which is 8.3

Sent from my iPhone 6plus using Tapatalk

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
You don't appear to be doing anything wrong. It's possible that Apple could be experiencing issues on their end or it could be something as simple as the device, Wi-Fi router and cable/dsl modem needing a reboot. You can also try resetting the 'network settings'.

Thanks man. I'll rest my router and check wether that works.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I've had this issue in the past. I had to delete the last backup that was on iCloud and all went well from there.

FYI, your phone doesn't necessarily have to be plugged in when you manually go in to backup to iCloud.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
What's good imore,

I've been having issues with backing up to iCloud from my WI FI. I plug my device into a power source then go to my settings iCloud back up, then check on backup. It does its thing for a few seconds then I lock my phone then when I unlock my phone and check, it says " couldn't be backed up".
I have also made sure I have enough space on my iCloud storage which is 190Gb.
Any help people? No idea what I'm doing wrong, oh and I'm running the latest IOS version which is 8.3

You don't appear to be doing anything wrong. It's possible that Apple could be experiencing issues on their end or it could be something as simple as the device, Wi-Fi router and cable/dsl modem needing a reboot. You can also try resetting the 'network settings'.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
When I upgraded from my iPhone 4 to my 5, it showed both phones in iCloud back up. I wasn't sure, then, what to do. So I just deleted the 4 back up. It gave me about 800 more mb of iCloud storage.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Ok guys.......I turned my WI FI off then on.
My iPhone still won't back up to iCloud.
I don't know what to do

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2