So it happened again!

sprocket2107

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I posted a while back that within the first week of owning my 6 Plus that it had reset itself. Well it's happened once or twice in the following months of that but it stopped for a little while. All of a sudden with in the past 2 weeks it had done it about 3 times. I'm trying to avoid setting up my device as new so any ideas as to why it would be doing this? It just starts to reset itself while I'm in an app, like YouTube or Facebook.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Were me, I would take it to Apple and have them replace it. Other than that, a restore is your only option to maybe fix it.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I wouldn't even bother taking it to Apple until I've restored as new. Which means I DON'T restore a backup. Pretty sure your problems are solved with that.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I posted a while back that within the first week of owning my 6 Plus that it had reset itself. Well it's happened once or twice in the following months of that but it stopped for a little while. All of a sudden with in the past 2 weeks it had done it about 3 times. I'm trying to avoid setting up my device as new so any ideas as to why it would be doing this? It just starts to reset itself while I'm in an app, like YouTube or Facebook.

I can only assume a corrupt settings or some sort of incompatibility is causing the problem. Having said that, restoring as new will be your best bet. Yes, it it's inconvenience, but also quite effective. I'd rather take the time to possibly fix the issue permanently that to deal with a reoccurring issue knowing that I could've done the one thing that could have fixed it ages ago. Know what I mean?

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Is the device rebooting or just reloading the Springboard?

I had this issue and I narrowed it down to some type of memory leak with the Tweetbot app. After using it for a little while my Springboard would crash. I have removed Tweetbot and have not had the issue re-occur.

sprocket2107

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
The device is rebooting. Having said that, I will probably restore from new. Like you guys have stated, it's going to be a PITA but hopefully it resolves the problem permanently

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The device is rebooting. Having said that, I will probably restore from new. Like you guys have stated, it's going to be a PITA but hopefully it resolves the problem permanently

I did it a couple months ago. No sweat. Took some time to set up and download my apps. But wasn't that bad.

worldspy99

Trusted Member
Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
The only two iOS devices I have don't seem to go through this and my impression was that only Android's suffered this phenomenon...well you learn something new every day.
Good luck with the reset/restore operation.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2