iPhone 6 Plus or wait for the iPhone 6s / 7 Plus?

ultravisitor

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Personally, I won't buy a phone that's more than 6 months old. After that point, I figure it's best to wait for the latest version, especially given the fact that I tend to keep phones for 2 years.

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I did the plunge yesterday and got the 6 because I was like "anyway the 6s will come out and 3 months later people will start talking about the 7 with i5 chip processor and 4Gb of ram and etc..." and I will want to wait for that 7. I decided to get the 6, the waiting game is good but it's painful too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I did the plunge yesterday and got the 6 because I was like "anyway the 6s will come out and 3 months later people will start talking about the 7 with i5 chip processor and 4Gb of ram and etc..." and I will want to wait for that 7. I decided to get the 6, the waiting game is good but it's painful too.

Enjoy! All that matters is that you are happy with the phone. If you are always looking forward to the next best thing you will never buy. I'm just curious, Did you look at the 6 Plus as well or were you going for the 6 no matter what?

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Enjoy! All that matters is that you are happy with the phone. If you are always looking forward to the next best thing you will never buy. I'm just curious, Did you look at the 6 Plus as well or were you going for the 6 no matter what?

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Thank you. In deed, I'm full in my new 6. I did had a play with the 6+ in fact, some of my colleagues have the 6+ and some have the 6, so I played with their phone very often, and the conclusion to me was the one hand usage which is a deal breaker for me over the better camera and the better battery. I already love my 5s camera, so I figure out that the 6 camera would be just enough for me. And I always use the mophie cases for my iPhone's since the 4, so I figure out that I would not miss at all
the extra battery in the 6+
So i just decided to go with the 6 space grey and 128gb for the first time (I use to be between 16 and 32 previously and I'm schedule to that much of space) so I'm just wondering what can I do with all this space I now have, but I know it's always good to have space.

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
So i just decided to go with the 6 space grey and 128gb for the first time (I use to be between 16 and 32 previously and I'm schedule to that much of space) so I'm just wondering what can I do with all this space I now have, but I know it's always good to have space.

I had a 64GB 6+ that I got in February, which I sold. ...missed having a contemporary iOS device so now I have the 128GB Space Grey 6+. I don't think I'll ever use most of the space but it's nice to have.

InTheRed

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Depends on what your needs are. Expect the next version to come out late September or early October. If you're not up at launch time you will get a back ordered phone and have to wait longer.

Personally if it were up to me I would wait but I can torture myself to get something that is worth the wait. I ran my iPhone 4s exactly 3 years to get off of the S model year and it was well worth it. I will tell you though it was torturous with the 4s toward the end on both speed and battery life but I made it and so can you.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
9fb4e1ab627f72688ce93a07647074c4.jpg

Go for it.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I am waiting until September for the next one. That's only three months away.

I can't tell you what you should do but that's what I'm doing.

Eh unless your'e dedicated to get an iPhone 6S plus or 6S your'e not going to get the new one until Late October/early November if you pre-order it and not at 3 AM EST or perhaps even later as a walk in*. As a walk in i didn't see a steady stock of iPhone 6/6 Plus until January or so. If you like the 6 Plus I say get it now unless you can wait that long.

* Back in November when i was changing carriers one Bestbuy happened to have an iPhone 6 Plus but only for Verizon 64GB in Space Gray. I wanted either a gold/Sliver one or the Note 4.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Eh unless your'e dedicated to get an iPhone 6S plus or 6S your'e not going to get the new one until Late October/early November if you pre-order it and not at 3 AM EST or perhaps even later as a walk in*. As a walk in i didn't see a steady stock of iPhone 6/6 Plus until January or so. If you like the 6 Plus I say get it now unless you can wait that long.

* Back in November when i was changing carriers one Bestbuy happened to have an iPhone 6 Plus but only for Verizon 64GB in Space Gray. I wanted either a gold/Sliver one or the Note 4.

I always get all my iPhones on release day. Order online and arrives on release day.
Zero drama.

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤

Oofa

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Every phone forum seems to get the same question. I have always thought that you should wait only if what is currently available does not satisfy your needs in a phone. There will constantly be an "upgrade" to whatever phone you have that's "coming soon".

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
That requires being up at 3AM

As before not everybody wants to be up at 3AM

Who's talking about "everybody"? I said I always get my phones on release day. I'm not making you do it. I already know your time is ever so precious.

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Gold 128G iPhone 6

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Who's talking about "everybody"? I said I always get my phones on release day. I'm not making you do it. I already know your time is ever so precious.

As I said before unless you want to be up at 3AM to pre order you're likely not getting an iPhone at launch.

So once again if you don't want to stay up until 3 AM EST or 12 AM PST your going to wait a few weeks to a few months on getting that new iPhone.

I was actually looking to get an iPhone 6 plus at launch and the website(Apple) and T-mobile website didn't work for me to pre order one

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
As I said before unless you want to be up at 3AM to pre order you're likely not getting an iPhone at launch.

So once again if you don't want to stay up until 3 AM EST or 12 AM PST your going to wait a few weeks to a few months on getting that new iPhone.

I was actually looking to get an iPhone 6 plus at launch and the website(Apple) and T-mobile website didn't work for me to pre order one

As I said before I will order my phone online as soon as it's available and I'll have it on launch day. If it's 3 am I will order at 3 am. If it's 2 am I will order at 2 am. If it's 11 am I will order at 11 am. If it's noon I will order at noon. And I will sit in my living room waiting for the FedEx truck to deliver me my phone exactly when Apple said I would get it.
Each year since 2011. Same thing.

Is this the latest theme you're going to cause drama over?

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
As I said before I will order my phone online as soon as it's available and I'll have it on launch day. If it's 3 am I will order at 3 am. If it's 2 am I will order at 2 am. If it's 11 am I will order at 11 am. If it's noon I will order at noon. And I will sit in my living room waiting for the FedEx truck to deliver me my phone exactly when Apple said I would get it.
Each year since 2011. Same thing.

Is this the latest theme you're going to cause drama over?

That's good for you? IDC that you want to stay up for a phone. So congratulations you stay up until whatever time zone you live in and pre order the phone. Congratulations you stay at home all day and wait for Fed Ex. That good enough for you?Not everybody can be up at 12AM-3AM to pre order a phone which it just is a phone. So unless the OP wants to be up at that time he ISN'T getting an iPhone at launch unless he wants to stand in line. He would get it between a few weeks up to a month or two

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
That's good for you? IDC that you want to stay up for a phone. So congratulations you stay up until whatever time zone you live in and pre order the phone. Congratulations you stay at home all day and wait for Fed Ex. That good enough for you?Not everybody can be up at 12AM-3AM to pre order a phone which it just is a phone. So unless the OP wants to be up at that time he ISN'T getting an iPhone at launch unless he wants to stand in line. He would get it between a few weeks up to a month or two

LOL!!! I can work from home any day I choose and on that day I have to be at my computer so it's not a big deal.

In my life I've spent plenty of nights out and gone to bed past 3 am so it's no big deal.

I often stay up late reading. No big deal.

So yup....it's perfect for me. Either stay up until 3 am OR set the alarm for 3am. It's good for me. No big deal.

And as I said, I'm not telling anyone what to do. I merely said what I was doing.

I am waiting until September for the next one. That's only three months away.

I can't tell you what you should do but that's what I'm doing.

But you're welcome to continue to obsess over everything I say.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
LOL!!! I can work from home any day I choose and on that day I have to be at my computer so it's not a big deal.

In my life I've spent plenty of nights out and gone to bed past 3 am so it's no big deal.

I often stay up late reading. No big deal.

So yup....it's perfect for me. Either stay up until 3 am OR set the alarm for 3am. It's good for me. No big deal.

And as I said, I'm not telling anyone what to do. I merely said what I was doing.

But you're welcome to continue to obsess over everything I say.

Congratulations to you? And as I said before unless the OP wants to be up at 3AM he isn't getting it

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal