Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Newbie

10 Posts

Default Moving photos?

As you probably can see I'm using an android device to use my imore app. I just bought my first Iphone 6+ on the 7th of June & I will be getting rid android tablet for an Ipad in 3month. So in the mean while can I transfer my photos from google photo app dropbox app to icloud? If so how do I do it? I downloaded downloaded the dropbox app & google photos app but I want eliminate them & just have icloud

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Default Re: Moving photos?

Be sure you understand how iCloud, iCloud Photo Library, My Photo Stream, and iCloud Photo Sharing works. I use iCloud to back up what is currently on my phone. I use Box, Dropbox, and OneDrive for storing photos and videos. I also have Google Photos. That's me. Others may use iCloud Photo Library to store photos. But it takes space from your free 5 gb. in iCloud. You can buy more space.
    iMore Genius

3,636 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,647 Global Posts

Congratulations on your iPhone purchase. . . . If you download your photos to your iPhone from Google Drive, they will upload to iCloud--if you have iCloud Photo Library enabled on the phone.
    iMore Intermediate

197 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,407 Global Posts

Even though I love iOS a lot but android is much more friendly in transferring stuff. I still don't like iTunes sync.