New user - call log

firenet

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
Hi

New iPhone 6 plus user for one week, moved from android after 6 years.

Still getting used to the whole iOS way of doing things.

Is there a way to log all calls into the calendar app? On android it was very easy to get all calls logged onto the calendar app, but on the iPhone I can't seem to find a way to do that or maybe I'm a bit dumb.

Thanks for any help

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Congratulations on your iPhone purchase!

I believe the only way you "might" be able to do this is with a third-party solution.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The most recent 80 or so show in the phone app under "recents". If I needed to keep them longer, I would take screen shots and file them in a folder in my Box app.

firenet

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
I don't really need to keep any calls, it's just a feature on the android devices that makes it easier to see call logs with detailed info. iPhone is much smoother and lag free so far 👍, just getting used to different way of doing things eg no back button!

Dukins

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I don't really need to keep any calls, it's just a feature on the android devices that makes it easier to see call logs with detailed info. iPhone is much smoother and lag free so far ��, just getting used to different way of doing things eg no back button!

Youll get used to it pretty quickly. I was on andoid from the start. And recently switched to an iphone beginning of last month. I no longer hunt down the back button. It was a convenience though.

And yes the iPhone is smooth and virtually lag free. I have experienced a few hiccups in games, probably not 8.3 fault. My only gripe is for Apple to include a clear all button for the opened apps.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't really need to keep any calls, it's just a feature on the android devices that makes it easier to see call logs with detailed info. iPhone is much smoother and lag free so far , just getting used to different way of doing things eg no back button!

You can see more detail on specific calls by tapping the circled i to the right in "Recents".
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434550941.350242.jpg

firenet

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. Clear recents and back button are missed slightly but will get used to this way over time.
The info button does give detailed info thanks.
On a side note is there any way to sort the jumbled recent calls window? If you call the same person multiple times during the day it is logged each time instead of once with number of calls in brackets.

MobileMadness002

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
Hi

New iPhone 6 plus user for one week, moved from android after 6 years.

Still getting used to the whole iOS way of doing things.

Is there a way to log all calls into the calendar app? On android it was very easy to get all calls logged onto the calendar app, but on the iPhone I can't seem to find a way to do that or maybe I'm a bit dumb.

Thanks for any help

I've been looking for the same thing as well. Had it on Android and BlackBerry. Can't imagine that with all the Apple devs out there it hasn't been done yet. The closest I came to find was "CallLog" and it only did what I was wanting if it was the app that initiated the call. It did not read the call list at all.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore and ConGrats on your new iPhone 6Plus. There are a couple of things that I also miss from Android as well as BlackBerry, but I do LUV the "IT JUST WORKS" concept that Apple brings to the table.....A piece of mind so to speak. ENJOY

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
There are no public APIs for developers to access the call log, so you won't find any 3rd party applications for this.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox