6+ on verizon edge plan

jessica_lynn9474

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone! So I just ordered a 6+ on Verizon's Edge plan. The phone will cost me $260 by the time I pay for two years and then it's mine. I can then upgrade to two year or get another device on Edge. I pay $20 extra on my verizon plan per month.

-Has anyone else done this?
-Is this a good deal considering the cost of the 6+ will most likely go down in September?
-Worth it?

Looking forward to your thoughts!

tech_fan

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Yes. I do the Edge on my wife's phone and my phone. Did you get the $200 off special? I did when I got it on Sunday. It was the dads and grads special. I also picked up an iPad mini for $200 under the same promo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21stNow

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm confused as to how you got $260 if you pay $20/month for two years. Wouldn't that be $480 (24 months x $20) plus whatever sales tax you paid upfront?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
It's a good deal if your happy with it. Enjoy your new iPhone. I'll wait for September to upgrade. I'm sticking with the 2 year contract More Everything Plan. 4 lines.

jenni122701

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
I just did the same. Got the 6 plus on VZW Edge plan. Its a good deal for me, and that's what matters. I def will be fine with this phone for 2 yrs. I did it because I had wanted the 6 plus for a long time and with Edge I was finally able to get it $0 down. Just paid the taxes. 🏻 Enjoy your phone!

Sent from my beautiful, gold iPhone 5S via TapaTalk.

tech_fan

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
No I didn't get the promo! It's an early upgrade on a current line. I'm thinking that's why?

Could be. I was on a month to month contract. All I know is that the 200 off was for opening up an edge contract. Not sure if the early upgrade qualified for that. I plan on paying mine off after a month and going back to month to month. I got 350 on my trade so now I owe 330 on my edge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
It's a good deal if your happy with it. Enjoy your new iPhone. I'll wait for September to upgrade. I'm sticking with the 2 year contract More Everything Plan. 4 lines.

If you think about it, going edge would be the same as going two year contract. Without having to pay anything up front. You pay$40 line access, right. With edge(and at least 6+GB data plans) you pay $15 after the $25 discount per line. Plus, anywhere from $20-$30 for the phone. So you will be paying from maybe $35-$50 per line. When on contract you pay activation (unless you get it waived) of $36 plus whatever your phone costs.
Just something to think about.
I will be switching all my lines to edge when my contract is over in August. Then I can sell my current phone and pay off the one I bought on edge and only pay $15 per line. It may be a little confusing but I like the edge plan.
But then again, will I lose my Verizon nfl mobile with no more everything plan??? Hmmmmmm, decisions.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
If you think about it, going edge would be the same as going two year contract. Without having to pay anything up front. You pay$40 line access, right. With edge(and at least 6+GB data plans) you pay $15 after the $25 discount per line. Plus, anywhere from $20-$30 for the phone. So you will be paying from maybe $35-$50 per line. When on contract you pay activation (unless you get it waived) of $36 plus whatever your phone costs.
Just something to think about.
I will be switching all my lines to edge when my contract is over in August. Then I can sell my current phone and pay off the one I bought on edge and only pay $15 per line. It may be a little confusing but I like the edge plan.
But then again, will I lose my Verizon nfl mobile with no more everything plan??? Hmmmmmm, decisions.

You can be on the more everything plan and pay for the phone on the edge plan. I have the $80 per month 10gb more everything plan with 4 phone lines all on the edge plan. It's $15 per month for each line after the $25 discount. It works out to be cheaper than a 2 year agreement on each line. If I want to upgrade early I just pay off the phone on that line. The great thing about the iPhone is that they hold value and I can sell it to cover the cost of paying it off.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
You can be on the more everything plan and pay for the phone on the edge plan. I have the $80 per month 10gb more everything plan with 4 phone lines all on the edge plan. It's $15 per month for each line after the $25 discount. It works out to be cheaper than a 2 year agreement on each line. If I want to upgrade early I just pay off the phone on that line. The great thing about the iPhone is that they hold value and I can sell it to cover the cost of paying it off.

Verizon said I would pay about $20 a month more on EDGE.? I pay about $250 a month, 4 lines, More Everything Plan.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Verizon said I would pay about $20 a month more on EDGE.? I pay about $250 a month, 4 lines, More Everything Plan.

Interesting. Maybe it doesn't work out the same for everyone. Trust me, I'm an accountant. I crunch numbers forward and backwards before I do anything. Lol. Drives my wife crazy. Over the two year period I believe it was about $100 of savings. I'll have to look up my spreadsheet.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I thought about doing Edge but it's not a savings for me. My bill is $307/month for 42GB with 4 lines on the more everything plan, with 2 lines on month to month. Got it during a promo where they offered double the data for no extra charge. I get 40 for the price of 20 plus they give me 2 additional GB free per month. Pretty good for Verizon

BParker4381

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
My wife and I both have a 6+ on the Edge plan. If you are a person that wants the latest and greatest then it is the way to go. I upgrade my phone every year and it was too expensive to pay for the whole price because I was not available for an upgrade. So I have no complaints with the Edge service except that they keep changing the % you have to pay before upgrading.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Interesting. Maybe it doesn't work out the same for everyone. Trust me, I'm an accountant. I crunch numbers forward and backwards before I do anything. Lol. Drives my wife crazy. Over the two year period I believe it was about $100 of savings. I'll have to look up my spreadsheet.

Wait, it wasn't $20 more, it was $8 more. We went over the charges. I found many who were saying they save money were not including the equipment charges. I think they make it too confusing for most people to decide.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Wait, it wasn't $20 more, it was $8 more. We went over the charges. I found many who were saying they save money were not including the equipment charges. I think they make it too confusing for most people to decide.

They do make it confusing. More than it needs to be. If someone didn't include equipment charges it would be cheaper for everyone because of that discount. I think it depends on what plan you have. I'm going to check out my spreadsheet when I get to work to see how much cheaper it was. Maybe it wasn't as much as $100 over two years. It's been almost 8 months since I did it.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
They do make it confusing. More than it needs to be. If someone didn't include equipment charges it would be cheaper for everyone because of that discount. I think it depends on what plan you have. I'm going to check out my spreadsheet when I get to work to see how much cheaper it was. Maybe it wasn't as much as $100 over two years. It's been almost 8 months since I did it.

I don't recall a discount being mentioned. Maybe not everyone gets that.

jessica_lynn9474

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Good day everyone! Lots of conversation here. I'm liking it! :) According to Verizon, the only extra I'm paying is $10.51 per month for the phone. I typically pay $160.00 per month for two lines on a 6GB plan. They confirmed that going forward my bill should be looking around $171.00-$172.00.

Does that make sense? Just wondering where the $15.00 that you guys are talking about comes in? and how the $25.00 discount works now?

I'm confused? Anyone want to help me punch numbers and figure this out? :)

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't recall a discount being mentioned. Maybe not everyone gets that.

If you have a 10gb more everything plan you get $25 off per line on the edge plan. It's $15 for a plan of 6gb or less. I could be off on the small plan gb. I have the 10gb plan. So the regular price per line is $40. On the edge plan you get it for $15 if you have a 10gb more everything plan.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
This is from the Verizon site. Looks like they have changed it a little.

Lines with an active Edge Agreement on the MORE Everything Plan receive an offset credit on monthly access charges:

For active Edge smartphone lines on MORE Everything Plans up to 4 GB, your monthly access charge is $25. However, it will show up on your bill as a $40 charge with an offsetting $15 credit.

For active Edge smartphone lines on MORE Everything Plans 6 GB and higher, your monthly access charge is $15. However, it will show up on your bill as a $40 charge with an offsetting $25 credit.

For active Edge basic phone lines on the MORE Everything Plan, your monthly access charge is $20. However, it will show up on your bill as a $30 charge with an offsetting $10 credit.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73