Leaving Android, joining the iOS crowd

bable01

Jul 19, 2015
Visit site
Let me know if you figure out how to manually index a media file. Not being able to torrent a pdf or crazy documentary at school and access it right away is driving me insane :)

quiksetz

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
I just did the same thing. I just ordered one through t-mobile so I can take advantage of the new jump on demand program. I was forever an iphone hater and pro android, but I don't need all the fancy specs anymore. I don't need all the customization options, I just need a reliable phone that is consistent and apple products are just that.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I just did the same thing. I just ordered one through t-mobile so I can take advantage of the new jump on demand program. I was forever an iphone hater and pro android, but I don't need all the fancy specs anymore. I don't need all the customization options, I just need a reliable phone that is consistent and apple products are just that.

That's the exact reason I'm with Apple now. I've been such a fan of Android for years. Always dabbling in iOS but always coming back to Android. But I've started to realize that so much of Android is hype. Every new phone coming out is going to have this or it's going to have that. And then something doesn't work right. My 6 Plus with 1gb of RAM runs circles around my S6 with 3gb. It's just an all around solid and reliable phone.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
That's the exact reason I'm with Apple now. I've been such a fan of Android for years. Always dabbling in iOS but always coming back to Android. But I've started to realize that so much of Android is hype. Every new phone coming out is going to have this or it's going to have that. And then something doesn't work right. My 6 Plus with 1gb of RAM runs circles around my S6 with 3gb. It's just an all around solid and reliable phone.

I've always been the opposite. I've had every iPhone since the 3G with a pitstop with the M8, but only kept it until the 14th day of my return period. Now I have an iPhone 6 and an M9. I probably switch between the 2 once a week or so because I start missing this or that from the other device. I do find that I enjoy the iPhone more on my busier days, and my M9 on my off days when I have more time to play with themes and stuff like that. I'm lucky that I ran into a little bit of extra cash around the time the M9 came out so I can keep both phones. I used to be one of those anti-Google all-in Apple guys, but I'm glad I finally gave Android a real shot. IF I had to pick one to stay with and get rid of the other, I've been thinking I'd have to stay iOS. Mainly because I've been using Macs for so many years, and have no desire to pick up a Windows computer. iOS and OSX are such good companion devices, and Android is pretty awful with my MBP.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I've always been the opposite. I've had every iPhone since the 3G with a pitstop with the M8, but only kept it until the 14th day of my return period. Now I have an iPhone 6 and an M9. I probably switch between the 2 once a week or so because I start missing this or that from the other device. I do find that I enjoy the iPhone more on my busier days, and my M9 on my off days when I have more time to play with themes and stuff like that. I'm lucky that I ran into a little bit of extra cash around the time the M9 came out so I can keep both phones. I used to be one of those anti-Google all-in Apple guys, but I'm glad I finally gave Android a real shot. IF I had to pick one to stay with and get rid of the other, I've been thinking I'd have to stay iOS. Mainly because I've been using Macs for so many years, and have no desire to pick up a Windows computer. iOS and OSX are such good companion devices, and Android is pretty awful with my MBP.

Yeah, I still love android, I just don't like dealing with the issues that it seems like every phone has. It's just less stressful to live on the apple side of things. Especially when you combine an iPhone with a Mac. There really isn't anything quite like it with android.

anon(20073)

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
I was forever an iphone hater and pro android, but I don't need all the fancy specs anymore. I don't need all the customization options, I just need a reliable phone that is consistent and apple products are just that.

Same here made the switch about 2 months a when Verizon had the dads and grads sale $200.00 off.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

Amen 🏼🏼

Clay523

Jul 25, 2015
Visit site
Wow, as far as I'm concerned, you'd better do not add a expensive WP device. Microsoft made a lot of mistakes during its development of mobile ecosystem. Have you heard that Microsoft decided to give up its Plentiful Models strategy? They have a lot of cheap WP phones on the market, Everyone needs to admit that the windows phones have a great system, but you can't imagine how slowly Microsoft can react to the market or how stupid they could be for the their products!

Intense Soul

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
That's the good call mate. I used all platforms and I'm happily satisfied with iPhone 6+ in terms of battery with no complaints along with apps that are present in store :)

No side loading like blackberry
No waiting in line like on windows
No phishing apps like on android

racedog

Jul 13, 2009
Visit site
Just joined the iPhone goup a couple of days ago coming off years of Android use and my last being an S6. I still have the S6 as I haven't fully committed to this iPhone 6 plus yet. I'm still trying to work out all the differences between the two. After years of android, it is second nature and iPhone still feels somewhat foreign to me.

I've never been a fanboy of any type, nor an Apple hater, it was only that Android was my comfort level, but with this new Stage Fright exploit on Android, I just felt it was time to leave as my phone contains seriously private financial data that felt too exposed with Stage Fright.

I'm still trying to get used to the sheer size of the 6 plus but I have to say the phone is very nicely built, fast and overall comfortable to use and the size of the screen is great, worth the extra hassle of the large phone body. So I'm looking forward to being around here, hope that these forums are as friendly and helpful as they were over at Androidcentral for the last few years.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Just joined the iPhone goup a couple of days ago coming off years of Android use and my last being an S6. I still have the S6 as I haven't fully committed to this iPhone 6 plus yet. I'm still trying to work out all the differences between the two. After years of android, it is second nature and iPhone still feels somewhat foreign to me.

I've never been a fanboy of any type, nor an Apple hater, it was only that Android was my comfort level, but with this new Stage Fright exploit on Android, I just felt it was time to leave as my phone contains seriously private financial data that felt too exposed with Stage Fright.

I'm still trying to get used to the sheer size of the 6 plus but I have to say the phone is very nicely built, fast and overall comfortable to use and the size of the screen is great, worth the extra hassle of the large phone body. So I'm looking forward to being around here, hope that these forums are as friendly and helpful as they were over at Androidcentral for the last few years.
What are your thoughts on it after a few more days?

rayzaname

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
I just made the switch myself! Had the Galaxy S6 edge and Moto 360. Swapped those out for a 6+ and Apple Watch. Couldn't be more satisfied with the user experience.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Why do you have to leave Android to join the IOS crowd? I just continue to use both. I am now debating on adding WP to my collection.

I have an iPhone 6, Note 3, and Lumia 640. Just need a new BB to play with. I never make "The switch", I just realized one day that I can simply enjoy everything.

OP, welcome to the iMore fray!

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk!

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I just made the switch myself! Had the Galaxy S6 edge and Moto 360. Swapped those out for a 6+ and Apple Watch. Couldn't be more satisfied with the user experience.
How long had you been on Android? I flip flop back and forth all the time and can't seem to make up my mind.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I got rid of all my android devices, got a 6+ and an ipad it takes some getting use too.
Yeah it definitely does. It doesn't do everything that Android does. But it does some things that Android doesn't. And the things they do the same, aren't done in the exact same way. I flip flop back and forth often and it takes some getting used to, for sure.

1901Madison1

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys - about 3 weeks ago I joined the Apple family for the first time. I've been using Android phones since 2012. But 3 weeks ago I was excited to get my iPhone 6 Plus. The phone is absolutely beautiful. It just feels expensive and high class.

However, my experiences on iOS are much the opposite of all of you. My Droid Turbo has far better battery life, performance, and speed. My 6 Plus has had an app force close more in 3 weeks than my Droid Turbo had in 9 months. Also, the 6 Plus's 1 GB of RAM shows when apps constantly reload. Finally, for those of you who are familiar with the Moto notification software, you'll probably agree that it's fantastic.

I'm definitely still keeping the 6 Plus. I'm going to keep both phones and switch between the two. The 6 Plus is a truly great phone and I'm loving my time with it, but just wanted to mention that I think the Turbo is one Android phone that absolutely competes with iPhone. The thing is a beast.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods