iPhone 6 Plus and Galaxy Note 4 on AT&T

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
Anyone on here have both the iPhone 6 Plus and Galaxy Note 4 on AT&T? Have you had any problems with either device?

The reason I'm asking is that there's a chance I may get both the iPhone 6s Plus and Galaxy Note 5 this fall, and I'm just wondering if it would be really worth having both or just the iPhone. The Note 5 I'd use for just watching YouTube videos and other apps and websites, and I'd most likely link my Gmail account, but I wouldn't if it has problems.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
iPhone 6 Plus and Galaxy Note 4 on AT&T

I don't have a Galaxy Note, but I do have the iPhone 6 Plus, and it seem a waste of money to purchase two smartphones, especially when either one is sufficient for "watching YouTube videos and other apps, and websites" as you put it.

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
I have a note 4 and iphone 6 plus on verizon. I think you would be better off getting a small tablet if you aren't going to hook up the note and use it. I swap between the two. I wouldn't say there is anything wrong with the note. It isn't as smooth as the iphone and the battery doesn't last near as long either.

C.K400

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
I have them both on AT&T and I can say hands down the iPhone is my first choice out of the 6 plus and Note 4, So many reasons to list. But you are talking about devices that are not out yet and have many unknown specs. Kinda hard to say unless its based on the ones that are available now.

chevyman29

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
I've got both on Verizon and so far I'm 4 days into owning the 6+ and so far I'm not seeing as good of battery life from the 6+ that i get from my note 4.

brick58

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
I have the plus and love it, yet I ordered a used note 4 and will get it Tuesday I'm glad I'm not the only one that has both! I like playing with the note (tried one already) but I just can't cut myself loose from my iPhone! I want to see how nice the camera is on the note 5 when it comes out and I'm looking at the lg G4. They say the camera is nice! I love apples OS better why can't they improve the phone?

chevyman29

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
My 4 was even better on battery life until the lollipop update was forced on me. That's what made me get a 6+. I'm tired of the way updates are handled on android. I need my phone to be as stable as possible so I can run my business.

21stNow

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Anyone on here have both the iPhone 6 Plus and Galaxy Note 4 on AT&T? Have you had any problems with either device?

The reason I'm asking is that there's a chance I may get both the iPhone 6s Plus and Galaxy Note 5 this fall, and I'm just wondering if it would be really worth having both or just the iPhone. The Note 5 I'd use for just watching YouTube videos and other apps and websites, and I'd most likely link my Gmail account, but I wouldn't if it has problems.

To answer your direct question, no. I use my iPhone on AT&T and Note 4 on T-Mobile.

Your second paragraph leads to more questions for me, though. Do you plan to:

1) Have a separate SIM card in each device,
2) Use a SIM card in the iPhone only and leave the Note 5 without a SIM card at all times, or
3) Switch back and forth between the two devices using the same SIM card?

If you plan to do options #1 or #2, you shouldn't have any problems. If you plan to do option #3, it could get a little troublesome. As far as I know (I still see this on my accounts), AT&T still has different types of data plans based on your phone's OS. You can't just switch back and forth between an iPhone and an Android device and have full data functionality. You would have to call customer service each time to have the data plan changed for one type to the other.

I've heard from some people that this has changed, but I still see users that have switched back and forth complain about intermittent data problems on various Internet forums.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I have a Note 4 on AT&T and an iPhone 6, not a 6 Plus.

I can tell you that I prefer the iPhone. Lollipop killed my Note 4. Broke it. Not even wiping it got it working to how it was before Lollipop. I wish I'd never upgraded it.

I won't be updating to the Note 5 because this year I want to get my Mac and my Apple Watch. So I can't affort upgradading my Note 4 or Lumia 1520.

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
My 4 was even better on battery life until the lollipop update was forced on me. That's what made me get a 6+. I'm tired of the way updates are handled on android. I need my phone to be as stable as possible so I can run my business.

I can't believe your note gets better battery life than your 6 plus. I had both on verizon, just sold the note. Battery life was better pre lollipop but my iPhone gets 10 to 11 hours on screen time. My note would never get over 6 but was more like 5 hours on lollipop.

chevyman29

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
I can't believe your note gets better battery life than your 6 plus. I had both on verizon, just sold the note. Battery life was better pre lollipop but my iPhone gets 10 to 11 hours on screen time. My note would never get over 6 but was more like 5 hours on lollipop.

Wow 10 hours screen time ? I never got more than 6 hours usage. I'm taking the 6+ back tomorrow. I really loved the build quality of the phone and I loved several things about the operating system as well. But there was just to many things I was use to on android that I couldn't find a way to work the way I wanted on ios.
I've tried a 6+ two different times now but I just can't make it work for me the way I want.

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
That's pretty much how I am. I always go back to Android because I am used to it and have everything integrated with Google. I also keep my iPhone to use when I want something different. Iphone was a non option before the 6 plus. I enjoy both. I think android has a problem with battery life since lollipop.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Wow 10 hours screen time ? I never got more than 6 hours usage. I'm taking the 6+ back tomorrow. I really loved the build quality of the phone and I loved several things about the operating system as well. But there was just to many things I was use to on android that I couldn't find a way to work the way I wanted on ios.
I've tried a 6+ two different times now but I just can't make it work for me the way I want.
What do you use aside from the 6 Plus? I've had a 6 Plus now twice and I'm in the same boat. I love it, but I can't get it to do some things like I'm used to on Android. I really want to like the 6 Plus because it is so nice and that battery is insane.

chevyman29

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
What do you use aside from the 6 Plus? I've had a 6 Plus now twice and I'm in the same boat. I love it, but I can't get it to do some things like I'm used to on Android. I really want to like the 6 Plus because it is so nice and that battery is insane.

I always end up going back to the note series. I had the note 2 and it was good and the note 3 which wasn't as good. Now I'm back on the note 4 which was great and I mean great until the lolly pop update. Now it's still really good but the battery life and the signal isn't quite what it was. For me it's still equal to or a little better than the 6+ in battery life. Signal is about the same.

krazyatom

Trusted Member
Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
I don't have note 4 so I can't compare but my iphone 6+ does have plenty of battery power. It's my good as my blackberry passport, but that's expected. I have to charge my phone everyday no matter what device I use so I am fine if it can last a day.