dBrand Skinz

AngrySK

May 21, 2015
Visit site
Does anyone use or have they used DBrand skins for their iPhone? How hard are they to put on? Does it line up easily?

Posted via the iMore App for Android

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore

I personally have never used skins on my devices but have seen them applied. Just make sure you follow the application directions carefully

tanson1011

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
I used them on my iPhone 6, and a few android devices previously. They are really nice skins and very easy to apply. If you mess up you can easily take off and re apply. The adhesive doesn't adhere till heat from a blow dryer is applied.

AngrySK

May 21, 2015
Visit site
I used them on my iPhone 6, and a few android devices previously. They are really nice skins and very easy to apply. If you mess up you can easily take off and re apply. The adhesive doesn't adhere till heat from a blow dryer is applied.

Do they offer any protection or should I prob put it in a case(clear TPU) still?

tanson1011

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
Do they offer any protection or should I prob put it in a case(clear TPU) still?

They provide protection from scratches. But not from dents caused by falls. When I used mine I still had it in a case. I used it to protect from scratches. As I found with the case the phone was still getting scratched some how.

Also provides a nice grip. If you like to have your phone naked.

AngrySK

May 21, 2015
Visit site
They provide protection from scratches. But not from dents caused by falls. When I used mine I still had it in a case. I used it to protect from scratches. As I found with the case the phone was still getting scratched some how.

Also provides a nice grip. If you like to have your phone naked.

Yeah I love the naked phone thing. But I feel like I might be too hard on it for no case...

Jzamora1978

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I have the slick wraps carbon fiber skin on my 6 plus. I'll love it. The phone isn't nearly as slippery with it on. It's been two weeks and I can say I'm not worried about dropping it. Easy to apply. Im thinking of putting my UAG Maverick on it too but not sure if it'll fit!?!?

AngrySK

May 21, 2015
Visit site
I have the slick wraps carbon fiber skin on my 6 plus. I'll love it. The phone isn't nearly as slippery with it on. It's been two weeks and I can say I'm not worried about dropping it. Easy to apply. Im thinking of putting my UAG Maverick on it too but not sure if it'll fit!?!?

Nice! Let me know how the case fits with the skin.

swepulse

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
Hello!
I've used dBrand skins and Slickwraps.
The dBrand skins have a much higher quality and the tape used on their skins are incredible. My current iPhone 6 has had the same skins for a few months now without breaking any sweat. I cannot stress it enough how good the dBrand skins are if having a case isn't your thing. Oh, my phone fits inside the Apple leather case as well, though I prefer not using a case.

As others have said too, provides better grip and scratch resistant, but I wouldn't recommend dropping it.