Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Bigeric23
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Newbie

Default Iphone 6 plus screen broken

Dear Members
    Please help my Iphone 6 plus screen has broken. It is in warranty period. But apple not replacing. Any other solutions for it.

Regards
    hitesh031177
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    4,803 Global Posts

Default Iphone 6 plus screen broken

I think I remember reading Apple will replace your screen for $150. There is probably cheaper ways but you get what you pay for going to a place that "specializes" in phone repairs in a store that probably isn't authorized to fix iPhones or any other phone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iMore Newbie

Default Re: Iphone 6 plus screen broken

Thanks for the help. I am from India they are telling me to pay Rs 25400 and will give a new replacement for the same
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    iMore Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by hitesh031177 View Post
    Thanks for the help. I am from India they are telling me to pay Rs 25400 and will give a new replacement for the same
    And if I get screen changed from 3rd party services my warranty will void don't know what to do
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    3,647 Global Posts

Unless you are comfortable doing the replacement yourself, I would suggest letting Apple make the repair.
    iMore Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by hitesh031177 View Post
    You should get it replaced by apple. Even here in Australia if I don't have apple care I have to pay $300-$400 to get a replacement.

For the amount said they will take your broken phone and provide a new unit. Let's say you get it repaired from a 3rd party for a cheaper price and then you get another issue such as a defective ear piece or something. In that case you won't be eligible for a free replacement from apple because you have voided your warranty when you replaced for screen from a outside place.

Hope that helps. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk for 
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    428 Global Posts

If Apple doesn't replace it or there isn't a convenient location, I just purchased a very nice almost identical to OEM screen replacement from EtechParts.com they have a brand that is higher quality called iBic and let me tell you.... This screen is nearly if not exactly identical to the OEM one I replaced. Very good purchase customer service is spotty though sometimes.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts

Apple doesn't replace my screen, the genius said my 6p is bent, have to replace the whole thing which costs $485 after tax in Canada, what a rip off
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

You can find a repair shop nearby on yelp. Or you can do the screen replacement by yourself. Just be careful to choose the iPhone 6 plus screen replacement part. If you don't know much about the difference about the parts you can search on hcqs blog
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

You can find a repair shop nearby on yelp. Or you can do the screen replacement by yourself. Just be careful to choose the iPhone 6 plus screen replacement part. If you don't know much about the difference about the parts you can search on hcqs us.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    258 Global Posts

If your frame is bent, you really can't replace the screen.. It won't fit right if at all