Where have my Google Music Playlist Songs disappeared to?

I

iMore Question

Google Music Playlist Songs Have Disappeared

Hello everybody. iPhone 6 Plus user here with a big problem.

I wanted to pin about half my music collection, so I created 7 playlists (because there is a 1000 song limit) via Google Music.

My playlists range in size from 700 - 950 songs. I pinned these 7 playlists to my iPhone so I can have this music with me at all times.

I noticed recently, sometime soon after pinning the playlists, that songs are missing from each playlist. I'm missing about 50 - 100 songs in each playlist.

Has anybody experienced this issue? Any solution? I'm thinking about simply removing an entire album when I find half of it missing for example and then re-adding it to the playlist. (Which will download the songs automatically to my iPhone.) Has anybody else done this or come up with a better solution? Thanks.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: Google Music Playlist Songs Have Disappeared

Welcome to iMore! I don't use Google Music and don't know about it. Maybe someone else can help.

DJxDARIENx

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
Re: Google Music Playlist Songs Have Disappeared

I use Google Play Music but I dont use playlists. I've had thousands of problems with the app but multiple have gone away since I've had my 6 plus. I've noticed that within my Music list, I have 3 sometimes 4 versions of the same song but on my computer and the other connected phones (mines the only iPhone) show the correct amount which is 1. I've also had the songs not load, ever. I have to fully redownload the app to make some of them play, which ultimately ends up breaking others; but they work on the other devices. My current problem is full albums disappearing, similar but not the same. I search and search but they dont appear, I have to close Play Music and reload/refresh it to make them appear again. Very weird app.
Are your songs showing up on the Google Play Music website?

anon(829886)

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm the OP.

Yes, my songs appear just fine on the desktop interface of Google Play. Playlists included.

So a quick update. I deleted 3 albums entirely from one of my playlists that were partially missing from the playlist itself on the iOS app. I then re-added all three albums on the desktop interface and refreshed the app (within Settings). Not only did it add all 3 albums but it also added the roughly 50 other songs that were missing from the playlist.

I did the same with another playlist (but just one album I knew was incomplete) and that re-added the album to the playlist on my app but the rest of the playlist songs that were originally missing are still missing.

This is pretty frustrating but I think the only solution is to do this manually (delete the album entirely from my playlist on the desktop if it's partially on the app, and then re-add onto the playlist via desktop and refresh the app).

This is clearly a bug IMO. Just not sure how many people this has affected. Another bug I've seen from day one is an album being represented several times once you click on the artist in the app. I can deal with this (but obviously I'd like to see it address by Google at some point) but missing songs from playlists is wildly frustrating.

Mario Gaucher

May 25, 2015
Visit site
I have a similar problem on my wife's iPhone... after some time, some songs are missing in some playlists.
Everything is phone on the web or other Android devices... problem is only present on the iPhone... and it's been like that since my wife started using Google Play Music on her iPhone.
The only solution I've found is to reset data for the application (don't know the exact wording in English... my device is in French... and it says "R?initialier les donn?es de l'application"... it's the third entry in settings).
This reset all the app, delete all downloaded data... so we have to redownloaded all playlist that we want to keep on the device.

yes it's frustrating... hopefuly this will get fixed in the near future!

anon(829886)

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
I have a similar problem on my wife's iPhone... after some time, some songs are missing in some playlists.
Everything is phone on the web or other Android devices... problem is only present on the iPhone... and it's been like that since my wife started using Google Play Music on her iPhone.
The only solution I've found is to reset data for the application (don't know the exact wording in English... my device is in French... and it says "R?initialier les donn?es de l'application"... it's the third entry in settings).
This reset all the app, delete all downloaded data... so we have to redownloaded all playlist that we want to keep on the device.

yes it's frustrating... hopefuly this will get fixed in the near future!

Thank you for your response.

I'm reluctant to do this because it took a long time to download each playlist onto my iPhone. I believe it was roughly an hour for each playlist, and I have 7 playlists. So basically an entire afternoon.

Let me ask you, when you reset your wife's data, did the problem never return? Are songs no longer missing from her playlists?

I'm going to report this bug to Google (and post on their message boards). It's a huge headache. I feel like I'm trying to plug a wall leaking water in the cracks. :mad:

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I don't use a lot of playlists but they haven't disappeared on me and I've been using Google music for years since I had Android devices since 2012 until my iPhone 6 plus. I also have Google music all access. The playlists are saved on a server so perhaps Google screwed up and deleted them or something?

I do have an issue where the albums aren't what they are in the recent played list

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

anon(829886)

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
I don't use a lot of playlists but they haven't disappeared on me and I've been using Google music for years since I had Android devices since 2012 until my iPhone 6 plus. I also have Google music all access. The playlists are saved on a server so perhaps Google screwed up and deleted them or something?

I do have an issue where the albums aren't what they are in the recent played list

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You've never noticed songs missing from pinned playlists?

I guess the issue is Google's servers then. I'd love to know why exactly songs keep disappearing randomly though.

I'm wondering if the answer is to pin the albums directly on the app once I realize songs go missing. I would rather not do this, however I'm wasting my time if songs keep disappearing from albums and I have to go onto my desktop, delete the album, re-add it, and then just see songs disappear again in the future.

I posted this question just now over at the Google Product Forums, but I don't expect many answers. Surprised Google doesn't have a dedicated forum for Google Music.

On a related note, what is up with albums sometimes showing up multiple times on the app for certain artists? I've noticed this since day one.

Mario Gaucher

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Thank you for your response.

I'm reluctant to do this because it took a long time to download each playlist onto my iPhone. I believe it was roughly an hour for each playlist, and I have 7 playlists. So basically an entire afternoon.

Let me ask you, when you reset your wife's data, did the problem never return? Are songs no longer missing from her playlists?

I'm going to report this bug to Google (and post on their message boards). It's a huge headache. I feel like I'm trying to plug a wall leaking water in the cracks. :mad:

Yeah the probleme eventually comes back...
After I did it last week, there's one song that disappeared from one of my playlist... But this song is still there on my android devices and on the web.

anon(829886)

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
So the latest album I added to Google Music (and pinned to my device by adding to a pinned playlist) has half disappeared from my iPhone. 7 of 17 songs only remain on the device for offline listening. This is maddening. I'm going to pin the album manually, but I really shouldn't have to do this.

If this is happening with anybody else I'd like to know. I'm curious if this affects a select few or many iOS Google Music users.

lisa mcdee

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
So the latest album I added to Google Music (and pinned to my device by adding to a pinned playlist) has half disappeared from my iPhone. 7 of 17 songs only remain on the device for offline listening. This is maddening. I'm going to pin the album manually, but I really shouldn't have to do this.

If this is happening with anybody else I'd like to know. I'm curious if this affects a select few or many iOS Google Music users.

Hey I'm with android using a s6 having the same problem Google music is removing songs from my playlist real annoying

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234