Lines down half side of iPhone 6 plus screen

Rossi Wilkes

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
Well I woke this morning and noticed down the right half of my screen are a few vertical lines going down it. The screen still functions as normal and the phone has never been dropped or anything.

Would restoring it do anything, anyone had this problem before?
Not had chance to search the net to find answers

Cheers

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Can you show a screenshot? In any event, I'd take it to an Apple Store and get a replacement. It should be covered with Applecare or your carrier's insurance, as it sounds like a hardware defect.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
If they remain after even a couple of seconds, you probably have a faulty digitizer, and will need to have it repaired/replaced. Go ahead and schedule a genius bar appointment and let them take care of you...you'd hate to have it go away only to see it return, perhaps after your initial warranty expires.

Rossi Wilkes

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
Tried getting a pic but my camera isn't working so there's no way I can get a picture.

Iv got an appointment on Tuesday ffs. Iv read online a lot of the first units are prone to having hardware issues. If I do end up swapping it, is it for a brand new one or a refurbed one??

I'm still covered until sept 2015

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Tried getting a pic but my camera isn't working so there's no way I can get a picture.

Iv got an appointment on Tuesday ffs. Iv read online a lot of the first units are prone to having hardware issues. If I do end up swapping it, is it for a brand new one or a refurbed one??

I'm still covered until sept 2015

There is a chance they will replace it, and if they do, it will probably be a refurb...good thing is, the refurbs go through the same or better QC as the initial units, and are essentially "new" devices, all things considered.

Any type of consumer electronic is prone to having issues in the first batch...I haven't had any, and the truth is, most iPhone users haven't either based on consumer reports about the device. You just happened to be in the small % of users that did, which is unfortunate, but be thankful Apple backs up their stuff...you'd be in worse shape with many of the competitive devices...similar to what you'd expect from a carrier (AKA: bottom end customer service).

Rossi Wilkes

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
the lines have disappeared on their own, I'll keep an eye if they come back. Should I still take it just incase the fault persists? What if I take it in and with there being nothing on the screen for the appointment is there a chance they will refuse to change it?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
the lines have disappeared on their own, I'll keep an eye if they come back. Should I still take it just incase the fault persists? What if I take it in and with there being nothing on the screen for the appointment is there a chance they will refuse to change it?

Tell them it has gone on and off several times over the last 2-3 weeks...and that you don't want to risk the screen completely going out when you really need the phone. They should repair/replace for you. It'd be good to have evidence, but because Apple is Apple, they'll do what they can to satisfy your complaint.

Rossi Wilkes

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
had to chance appointment for Saturday now :( it has come back again if you touch the screen in a certain place. I have noticed after taking the phone case off the phone looks a little bent at the top even though its been in a case could this be cause of the lines?

Also If i take a screen shot am I right in thinking it will just take picture of the wallpaper being clear not with the actual lines on the screen?

cheers.

Shahzad Ghani

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
It could be bent chassis stressing the glass and when u push the screen at certain place it causes lining as u mentioned it would be better to take it back to apple store..

Rossi Wilkes

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
It could be bent chassis stressing the glass and when u push the screen at certain place it causes lining as u mentioned it would be better to take it back to apple store..

should I just mention the lines and nothing about the bent part? I have read online they dont always accept bent phones back.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
should I just mention the lines and nothing about the bent part? I have read online they dont always accept bent phones back.

They'll check it out. If it's bent a bit, they'll probably see it. But it shouldn't make a difference. Several have gotten replacements with that issue.

Limythrium

Oct 12, 2017
Visit site
Hello ma'am, i have the same issue. thin vertical lines at the right half of the screen. should i have to monitor it by shutting it down then open it or just letting it usual by using it? and how did you make them disappear for amoment?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711