Battery seems to be pretty bad?

Pandurr

Mar 18, 2015
Visit site
Is it just me or is the battery for iphone 6 plus pretty bad comparted to the other iphone batteries.

for example:

- the battery runs out pretty quickly

- It takes looooong time to charge the battery, dont know how long but im guessing 2hours ++

this is something that starts to annoy me..

DJxDARIENx

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
I've heard mixed things about the battery in the 6 plus. Mine is great and better than my note 3 that I had by a LONG shot. I spend my time on Twitter, Facebook, and on the Internet for hours and I still have a at least 40% left before I go somewhere and charge it just in case. I can even last a whole day in school with little to no signal and off and on LTE. As for charging, after a week of having my six plus I started putting my phone on "Do not disturb" when I'm on a charger because the screen doesn't light up when I get texts and it charges faster in my opinion.

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I only charge my iPhone 6 Plus every 2-3 days. So, no, the battery life is better for me than any phone (Apple or not) I've ever owned. It does take a bit to charge, but nothing too long.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
No battery issues for me. Best battery life in any phone I've had. The chargers I use seem to charge pretty fast not slow at all.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

burwil

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
I'm a iOS newbie. One thing I learned quickly is go down the app list in settings and turn off refresh in background on everything that doesn't need to be refreshed in background. Unless I do something that chews the battery (game, videos for instance) I can use the phone with impunity and still have half or more battery left by bedtime (16 hours).

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Is it just me or is the battery for iphone 6 plus pretty bad comparted to the other iphone batteries.

for example:

- the battery runs out pretty quickly

- It takes looooong time to charge the battery, dont know how long but im guessing 2hours ++

this is something that starts to annoy me..

The battery on my iPhone 6 Plus can easily last me a day and a half - I have gotten more than 2 days out of it by babying it along. The battery life on the iPhone 6 Plus is awesome.

What are you doing (which apps are you using) to chew through your battery charge so quickly?

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
do you use it much? and if so what do you use it for?

I use it a fair amount, and I keep the radios on 24/7 for the watch. A typical day is:

E-mail (2 accounts pushed every hour)
Twitter (check countless times in a day)
News & Weather (three or four apps checked a few times a day)
Texting (mostly my wife a few times during the day and night)
Calls (short and not that many)
Security (monitor alarm and enable/disable)
Apps (check for updates a couple of times a day)
Video (watch a short video or two)
Music (1 or 2 hours if I have the chance)
Safari (search the Internet a few times)
Watch (iPhone communicates with the Apple Watch all day)

ela1n3ko

May 5, 2015
Visit site
I guess it depends what you use it for. If you are always on your phone, and your wifi and location is on, then obviously your battery will run out faster than others that do not use their phones. Remember to always close the apps that you are not using. I barely use my phone other than to text and to check instagram, since I barely use the internet and do not play games, my battery lasts long!

mulasien

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
If your 6 plus is running out quick, it's definitely an anomaly. All of the professional tech sites have complimented the 6 Plus for its outstanding battery life.

2 hours for a dead to full charge sounds reasonable. Remember it's a much bigger capacity to charge up than other iPhones (including the 6). Think of it as a bigger tank to fill.

You mentioned you play a lot of games. Some games eat up battery quick, no matter how big the battery is. Go to Settings - General - Usage - battery usage to get a breakdown of what apps are using how much battery. I'm willing to bet you that the games you play take up the most. If you're playing a lot of games, you will see greater battery depletion than someone who doesn't play that many games. Also, some games are more battery intensive than others. This is true for any smartphone, regardless of brand or OS.

Your battery is probably fine, you're likely just playing battery intensive games that chew through it quick.

Dukins

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
My 6+ has outstanding battery life. I can normally get 1 1/2 days of usage. The building I work has horrible signal so I could probably get 2 days easy.

I have all my apps on background refresh.
2 gmails fetching every 15 minutes
yahoo push
play games
texting, phone calls
facebook, instagram

I use my phone probably more than the average user. Much better battery life than my Note 4 had.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I know that SimCity Buildit is using alot of the battery.

That game is a resource hog (I know, I play it)...its primarily because of the online market place, which refreshes completely every 30 seconds.

That said, my 6+ battery life is fantastic outside of playing resource heavy games...but that characteristic would apply to any phone, not just the iPhone. If I avoid those types of games, I can get over a day on a single charge easily.

nancybout

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
I love love my battery life so far!
I'm a heavy user & I use an iPad charger in my. Iphone 6+ it's perfect.
I used it all day I'm now at 31% it's 8pm

dannejanne

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Probably the best battery life I've ever had on any of my 15 smartphones (most of which Androids) except for one phone that probably beats the 6 Plus and that is LG G-Flex (the first one). That phone had incredible battery life thanks to its "low" resolution Amoled screen and big battery. I typically charged it every third day but could last 5 days with little usage.

knighty2112

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
Best battery life of any previous phone I ever owned. As the 6+ is my first Apple phone I was worried about the potential battery life as all previous IPhones were pretty much wall huggers (sorry! Ex crackberrian here! Hehe), but I easily get two days on my phone without having to worry about charging it again during the day. Don't play games, or watch many videos on it, but other than that I use it quite a lot.

twilite2000

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
IMHO I think the iPhone 6 plus has a phenomenal battery life. I easliy can get 2 days. I'm not a big gamer. I may watch a YouTube video now and again. Phone calls, texting, music, social media, news, weather, and read a book is mostly what I do. I love this phone so much, I don't see myself getting another until Apple doesn't support it anymore.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Out of my phones since 2010 the iPhone 6 plus has the best battery life ever and I never had a huge issue with the iPhone 4 battery either. I have owned:
IPhone 3GS
IPhone 4
IPhone 6 plus
Samsung Galaxy S2 skyrocket
Samsung Galaxy s3
Samsung Galaxy s4
Samsung Galaxy note 3
Samsung Galaxy note 4
Nexus 5
And briefly the Nexus 6 and Motorola Droid Turbo

The Android phones I had ranging between 2-4 hours of screen time and lasts around 10-15 hours standby.
I don't remember my iPhone 4 battery life but it was decent where it would last around a whole day of decent amount of usage

My iPhone 6 plus lasts around 5-6 hours of usage

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxgyllsdoll