Best way to keep the battery healthy?

Pandurr

Mar 18, 2015
Visit site
What is the best way for keeping the battery on the iphone 6 plus healthy?

- Should you unplug the charger right after its fully charged?
- should you wait for the life to go all out before charging it?

What do you mean is the best?

Thanks in advance

- Pandurrr

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
It depends... If you're using 3rd party chargers that are not "made for i" certified... I would not use those at all...but if you are, take the device off the charger when it's fully charged.... Otherwise, Apple and "made for i" Chargers will switch to a trickle mode when the device is fully charged and you don't need to worry about taking it off the charger. Once in a while, you can use it until it shuts off and recharge... Otherwise, just use it and charge it whenever, as needed.

david9962000

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
That's what I do, I let the battery run down to the point where the phone will shut itself off and charge it without interruptions all way to 100%.

EchoOne30

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site
It doesn't matter what you do. These are li-ion batteries. They don't have memories or issues. Dropping it to zero or charging as soon as you hit 80% will result in the exact same battery health.
What these batteries have is a lifespan on charges. So leaving it plugged in means that the battery hits 100, then dips a bit, then gets energy trickled to it, then dips a bit, etc etc. keeping it plugged will just diminish the life of it. However you'll be getting rid of your device before that happens.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't matter what you do. These are li-ion batteries. They don't have memories or issues. Dropping it to zero or charging as soon as you hit 80% will result in the exact same battery health.
What these batteries have is a lifespan on charges. So leaving it plugged in means that the battery hits 100, then dips a bit, then gets energy trickled to it, then dips a bit, etc etc. keeping it plugged will just diminish the life of it. However you'll be getting rid of your device before that happens.

I charge on the go as needed. I pay no attention really to the percentage.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro