Tried out the s6 edge for 4 days and immediately went back to iPhone 6 plus

twilite2000

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
I believe the T-Mobile Note 4 just got Lollipop, 7 months after Lollipop was released. Most phones, other than Nexus, are on 5.0.1, at best, and 5.1.1 has been released. There's no exaggeration. It can take a ton of time for these updates. I'm an Android guy. I'm typing this from my Nexus 6. I completely understand how the updates work.

That's not taking in the fact that after each carrier test every update to ensure it will work on there network they also add more bloat ware.

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
If it's a security thing they usually push them out faster but updates like 5.0 from 4.4 isn't a huge security update.
What's wrong with wanting updates? What's wrong with knowing that your data will be safe on your device? On iOS I know my data is safe, I know my device won't be hacked.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
What's wrong with wanting updates? What's wrong with knowing that your data will be safe on your device? On iOS I know my data is safe, I know my device won't be hacked.

And how many android devices are "hackdd"? The same as ios

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Apple's way is dumb...yet the only time since the release of the iPhone where a broken firmware was released to the masses was rectified literally within a few minutes and the download was removed until it was fixed (which was like a couple of days later), and then there's the fact that Apple was still signing the previous firmware version to revert to...so your scenario of this being a concern is a blindly paranoid one at best.

It's hilarious you pretend like Apple has no safe guards against such a thing, and just throws what they feel is a completed update to the masses with any real chance of it actually affecting any major number of consumers.

Time to adjust your tin foil hat.

Actually, they pushed it out the very next day. But "apple f'd up lollolbbq jajaja"

dannejanne

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I don't think he was stirring up the pot. He was agreeing with Sean about how Android was not behind the times when compared to iOS. He didn't create that picture, we all know that. All he was doing was referring to some things that Android has had for awhile that iOS just got with iOS 8 to support the argument that Android is not behind the curve. He also wasn't saying that iOS sucked because of it, or Android was a deity because it had some features first. He also said that he preferred iOS.

I don't get the anger here. They are both good operating systems, and basically do the exact same thing, just in different ways. They both also copy each other, which usually ends up being for the better for the end user. I guess I'll just never understand why people fight over which OS is better...

Thank you at least someone could read between the lines of my post (which wasn't really needed) and understand where I'm standing. As I said the tention in here is too high.

Actually I take that back about what I said that Android is more "mature". Wrong wording. English is not my native language. I would rather say "evolved" or something. Most benefits of Android has to do with its openess. But it's also one of its weaknesses (fragmentation to name one big thing). Things do go both ways but if you want an open system and many benefits it brings Android wins. I mean look at the custom ROM community it has and the functionality you can get if your a techy person. You don't have to have all things Apple to enjoy communication between devices. But as I said today I prefer iOS and would actually say iOS is more mature in the manner that it feels way more polished and "just works" sort of.

I apologize if I offended anyone with my first post but it was not really my intention belive me or not.

Last edited:

kingloui26

May 15, 2015
Visit site
Alas it's just a post do not apologize it is your opinion so if anyone is feeling offended by what you said they should simply get over it :)

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Thank you at least someone could read between the lines of my post (which wasn't really needed) and understand where I'm standing. As I said the tention in here is too high.

The tension isn't too high here...you just made a poor choice of words to use to describe where you're "standing". I still don't agree with you that the Android OS is, in general, more evolved...perhaps in certain ways yes, but as a total package, in comparison with iOS, I think this is still an inaccurate statement.

Features don't make for an "evolved" experience in my opinion...if you were to say "feature rich", then sure, I would say that the Android OS is, many times, a more feature rich environment. Evolved seems to indicate that something is more progressively developed, and in some ways I feel iOS is this compared to Android (and vice versa obviously in other ways).

Alas it's just a post do not apologize it is your opinion so if anyone is feeling offended by what you said they should simply get over it

Bottle that one up and save it for later Louis! That's some damn good medicine!

kingloui26

May 15, 2015
Visit site
I joined imore for the enjoyment of blogging about a devices that I enjoy to use the problem here is I've barely talked about the devices because a lot of people on here are combative of other people opinion. I got one do not care what anyone says it's your say so doesn't bother me but what does is when I say something here comes these keyboard warriors who then would like to inform me on what they call a proper response. As long as I am respectful of everyone on here that is all that matters and I have besides that one guy who reported me for a little jester. So don't tell me about anything for future reference because I am not the one looking to govern what people say. It's a blog site people are entitled to say whatever they want and a lot of you have forgotten that mainly the people who've been on here for sometime. So once again let's recap this for some of you who are easily distracted. I made a blog I got responded to I responded back, someone didn't like what I said they reported me. I was amused and wants to learn how to report someone for harassment, which I indeed feel some of you are borderline doing and again someone felt touchy because I blogged that once again a lot of you need to get over yourself it's not that serious enjoy your day most importantly enjoy your life's never know what the future holds, get out and do something, go for a walk spend time with your family lol lighten up.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I joined imore for the enjoyment of blogging about a devices that I enjoy to use the problem here is I've barely talked about the devices because a lot of people on here are combative of other people opinion. I got one do not care what anyone says it's your say so doesn't bother me but what does is when I say something here comes these keyboard warriors who then would like to inform me on what they call a proper response. As long as I am respectful of everyone on here that is all that matters and I have besides that one guy who reported me for a little jester. So don't tell me about anything for future reference because I am not the one looking to govern what people say. It's a blog site people are entitled to say whatever they want and a lot of you have forgotten that mainly the people who've been on here for sometime. So once again let's recap this for some of you who are easily distracted. I made a blog I got responded to I responded back, someone didn't like what I said they reported me. I was amused and wants to learn how to report someone for harassment, which I indeed feel some of you are borderline doing and again someone felt touchy because I blogged that once again a lot of you need to get over yourself it's not that serious enjoy your day most importantly enjoy your life's never know what the future holds, get out and do something, go for a walk spend time with your family lol lighten up.

No sir. This is NOT a blog site. This is a forum. You cannot say and do anything you want here. You must abide by the Community Rules & Guidelines governing this "forum". There are also rules for selling and trading as well as rules for developers, etcetera. Having said that, it is foolish for you to assume that what you think or do is more important than what others think or do. Your issue is that you want to do whatever you want here as if this is your own private blog site. This is iMore, sir, and while it is more laid back and tolerant than other forums, it is intolerant of those who themselves are intolerant. Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with the Community Rules & Guidelines to get a better idea of how this forum operates and to ensure a pleasant forum experience. We appreciate you becoming a member, and we hope that you stick around, but more importantly, we hope that you become a valuable and respected member of this community. Take care...;)

Last edited:

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
The tension isn't too high here...you just made a poor choice of words to use to describe where you're "standing". I still don't agree with you that the Android OS is, in general, more evolved...perhaps in certain ways yes, but as a total package, in comparison with iOS, I think this is still an inaccurate statement.

Features don't make for an "evolved" experience in my opinion...if you were to say "feature rich", then sure, I would say that the Android OS is, many times, a more feature rich environment. Evolved seems to indicate that something is more progressively developed, and in some ways I feel iOS is this compared to Android (and vice versa obviously in other ways).
You are absolutely right.

I said this in a prior post but I'm going to restate it because it holds true.

Lots of features are nice but if those features are buggy, non-intuitive, or don't work at all then who cares about all those features. I certainly don't. Android is an example of something that exists on the bleeding edge with the latest and greatest of features but sometimes (more often than not) it isn't all that it's cracked up to be.

Android isn't evolving, if you ask me it's being hacked on more and more and with pieces and parts being added on with no regard as to how it will effect the stability of the system that it's running on. Take Android ART or Android Run-Time. The concept is great on paper but man do people have issues with it. It's a buggy mess that should've never seen the light of day.

How many people wake up in the morning to find that suddenly their phone was updated in the dark of night only to find that their device is now buggy, crashy, and just an overall mess? A lot of people do. Lollipop has been a mess and is showing that Google can't write good code to save their lives. Their overall code quality has gone down the toilet.

iOS is a system that's evolving slowly, adding features at a pace at which new features can be perfected and made to work intuitively. A work of art, if you will. It's being changed, things are being added onto it, and getting better as time goes on. That is the right way to evolve a system. Put things into the system when it's ready for prime time. More often than not users are used as beta testers in the Android world. I don't want to be used as a beta tester, I want my device to work.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
As long as I'm being respectful and not using profanity what is the issue? Ok good day to you sir

The very first thing displayed in the Community Rules & Guidelines is the following.

Before we dive into specific community rules and guidelines, we would like to provide some general guidelines for our members.

Mobile Nations communities should always be fun, friendly and helpful places to be. We want to provide answers to all member posts and questions as QUICKLY as possible. With that in mind, we ask that all members kindly follow these basic guidelines:

P.U.P.P.A.H
(Be Polite, Understanding, Patient, Professional, Attentive and Helpful)

Be polite. We ask that you keep your language clean and polite.
Be understanding and patient. You may be a power user or developer, but the person you?re talking to on the other end may be a complete newbie. Be patient, and provide all details possible if you?re posting about a problem (descriptive thread title always helps).
Be a pro. Don?t get into arguments over dumb things. If someone responds in a poor or rude fashion, ignore it. If you notice a pattern of rude or poor behavior from a particular member, report them to our moderators. If you don?t have anything nice to say, don?t say anything at all. In a nutshell, ?think before you post?.
Be attentive and helpful. Answer questions in a timely manner when you can, and provide thoughts and suggestions that might lead to the solution of a members? problem.

Compliance with these basic guidelines should see you sailing in smooth waters for years to come at Mobile Nations. You?ll make friends, gain knowledge, and become wealthy beyond your wildest dreams (OK, maybe not that last point).

As you can see, the focus is on more than being profane. It focuses on behavior. Anyway, enjoy your Memorial Day weekend.

motor96

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
That picture just proves specs aren't everything. iPhone 6 runs circles around a nexus 4 lmao. Camera on that thing was horrid. And I had one. Apple=optimization

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
That picture just proves specs aren't everything. iPhone 6 runs circles around a nexus 4 lmao. Camera on that thing was horrid. And I had one. Apple=optimization

Please use the quote feature so that we can know to whom you're replying and to what you're referencing. Thanks...:)

motor96

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Please use the quote feature so that we can know to whom you're replying and to what you're referencing. Thanks...:)

Sorry all the responses came so quick. I was referring to the spec comparison of the iPhone 6 vs Nexus 4.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox