Tried out the s6 edge for 4 days and immediately went back to iPhone 6 plus

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Sure that is a possibility, but I still prefer this method to the "I hope my phone will get the new/latest update this year" method.

If you have a flagship device from Samsung is, LG, or HTC it will.... Motorola is usually good but the Droid turbo is pretty slow at it

What you're saying is a gross exaggerating

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
If you have a flagship device from Samsung is, LG, or HTC it will.... Motorola is usually good but the Droid turbo is pretty slow at it

What you're saying is a gross exaggerating

It usually will, but you still play the waiting game - and I'm too impatient for that.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
As I said you're grossly exaggerating.

I believe the T-Mobile Note 4 just got Lollipop, 7 months after Lollipop was released. Most phones, other than Nexus, are on 5.0.1, at best, and 5.1.1 has been released. There's no exaggeration. It can take a ton of time for these updates. I'm an Android guy. I'm typing this from my Nexus 6. I completely understand how the updates work.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I believe the T-Mobile Note 4 just got Lollipop, 7 months after Lollipop was released. Most phones, other than Nexus, are on 5.0.1, at best, and 5.1.1 has been released. There's no exaggeration. It can take a ton of time for these updates. I'm an Android guy. I'm typing this from my Nexus 6. I completely understand how the updates work.

And verizon galaxy S5 got it in December...your point? Each phone is different and t-mobile note 3 got it late 2014 among other phones.... You're using Samsung as your subject? Lol. HTC, Motorola and LG are faster

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
And verizon galaxy S5 got it in December...your point? Each phone is different and t-mobile note 3 got it late 2014 among other phones.... You're using Samsung as your subject? Lol. HTC, Motorola and LG are faster

Yes. Verizon. That's my point. Not all of them got it at the same time. AT&T was April, I believe. I want cohesion.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
It wasn't in April..... Who cares about cohesion. I want stable updates that don't brick phones or screws them up

I can agree with you on that. But I still prefer the Apple way - release the update, everyone gets it, regardless of which carrier you're on.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I can agree with you on that. But I still prefer the Apple way - release the update, everyone gets it, regardless of which carrier you're on.

Apple way is dumb....I'm going to be laughing when a update bricks all the iPhones all at once or screws them up big time lol.

FYI I have an iPhone but I generally wait a bit to update my phone

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
That's what DFU mode is for ( called Device Firmware Upgrade in case you didn't know) and reverting back to whatever iOS version was prior isn't a big issue... so keep laughing with your fragmented outdated OS lol

Apple way is dumb....I'm going to be laughing when a update bricks all the iPhones all at once or screws them up big time lol.

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
Not only that Apple stills signs OS reloads of previous versions of iOS for (I believe) two weeks after the newest iOS release.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

Apple's way is dumb...yet the only time since the release of the iPhone where a broken firmware was released to the masses was rectified literally within a few minutes and the download was removed until it was fixed (which was like a couple of days later), and then there's the fact that Apple was still signing the previous firmware version to revert to...so your scenario of this being a concern is a blindly paranoid one at best.

It's hilarious you pretend like Apple has no safe guards against such a thing, and just throws what they feel is a completed update to the masses with any real chance of it actually affecting any major number of consumers.

Time to adjust your tin foil hat.

Tre Lawrence

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
I'll never understand why people feel their preferences equate to general problems with one OS or the other. Android isn't "behind", it's just different. It's built different natively for different functionality that appeals to different people. Why trash it because you prefer something else?

iOS is great for some and terrible for others.
Android is great for some and terrible for others.
Windows OS is great for some and terrible for others.
Strawberry milkshakes are great for some and terrible for others.

...it'd be great if people could simply enjoy their preferred stuff without trashing the other stuff out there.

Well said sir.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
That's what DFU mode is for ( called Device Firmware Upgrade in case you didn't know) and reverting back to whatever iOS version was prior isn't a big issue... so keep laughing with your fragmented outdated OS lol

Fragmented? I have an iPhone genius

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Apple's way is dumb...yet the only time since the release of the iPhone where a broken firmware was released to the masses was rectified literally within a few minutes and the download was removed until it was fixed (which was like a couple of days later), and then there's the fact that Apple was still signing the previous firmware version to revert to...so your scenario of this being a concern is a blindly paranoid one at best.

It's hilarious you pretend like Apple has no safe guards against such a thing, and just throws what they feel is a completed update to the masses with any real chance of it actually affecting any major number of consumers.

Time to adjust your tin foil hat.

Dammit, now I'm agreeing with Sean?!?!

I'll definitely take Apple's way of updating devices over any other way. It's nice to know that an iPhone on Verizon is the same as an iPhone on AT&T, software-wise. I think it's asinine that Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, etc. all have their own versions of Android devices. Hell, they even have their own versions of Nexus devices!!

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Dammit, now I'm agreeing with Sean?!?!

I'll definitely take Apple's way of updating devices over any other way. It's nice to know that an iPhone on Verizon is the same as an iPhone on AT&T, software-wise. I think it's asinine that Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, etc. all have their own versions of Android devices. Hell, they even have their own versions of Nexus devices!!

They have the same version of nexus 6 devices..... All are the SAME model. The only differences is the logo is added onto the device and in AT&T case a locked bootloader. They still are still the same and they difference in software is added once you add the carrier sim....will get the same update at the same time depending on when Google wants to. People put so much stock into updates but who cares. Idc when or if I get ios updates or Android....still the same experience with Android 4.4 and 5.0 just is called lollipop instead of kitkat. Yay? Ios 8.1 and 8.3? Yay?

It's asinine the people put so much stock into "faster" updates.... If it's a security thing they usually push them out faster but updates like 5.0 from 4.4 isn't a huge security update

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
They have the same version of nexus 6 devices..... All are the SAME model. The only differences is the logo is added onto the device and in AT&T case a locked bootloader. They still are still the same and they difference in software is added once you add the carrier sim....will get the same update St the same time depending on when Google wants to. People put so much stock into updates but who cares. Idc when or if I get ios updates or Android....still the same experience with Android 4.4 and 5.0 just is called lollipop instead of kitkat. Yay? Ios 8.1 and 8.3? Yay?

Except if you're on Verizon and you're using one of the unlocked ones, you're not allowed to make any changes to your account because you're using a phone that isn't provisioned properly. Or so they say. It also took them 4 months to sell the Nexus 6 with their stamp on it. Why? I dunno. And AT&T locked their bootloader. So it isn't the same as the unlocked phone. That's my point. Would Apple let AT&T change something similar on their phone? Nope.

We aren't going to agree on this, but I'm still liking the way Apple does things more.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Except if you're on Verizon and you're using one of the unlocked ones, you're not allowed to make any changes to your account because you're using a phone that isn't provisioned properly. Or so they say. It also took them 4 months to sell the Nexus 6 with their stamp on it. Why? I dunno. And AT&T locked their bootloader. So it isn't the same as the unlocked phone. That's my point. Would Apple let AT&T change something similar on their phone? Nope.

We aren't going to agree on this, but I'm still liking the way Apple does things more.

It's the SAME MODEL.....Google sells 2 models only the model they sell in the US and the international model. The only difference is Verizon didn't really want to sell it so they were dragging it along and AT&T and verizon added their stamp on it. AT&T locked he bootloader but doesn't actually change the phone other then you can easily flash custom roms on it.

You can agree with whatever you want but I'm calling you out because you are overly exaggerating on Android for effect

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
It's the SAME MODEL.....Google sells 2 models only the model they sell in the US and the international model. The only difference is Verizon didn't really want to sell it so they were dragging it along and AT&T and verizon added their stamp on it. AT&T locked he bootloader but doesn't actually change the phone other then you can easily flash custom roms on it.

You can agree with whatever you want but I'm calling you out because you are overly exaggerating on Android for effect

Have you not seen anything I've said about how much I love Android? I've been on Android since the original Droid X. I love the OS, I love the customization, but I don't like the updates and how the same phone on different carriers gets updates differently. You can call me out, but I'm not trying to do anything for effect. I don't like the update process on Android. I like it on Apple. Pretty simple.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Have you not seen anything I've said about how much I love Android? I've been on Android since the original Droid X. I love the OS, I love the customization, but I don't like the updates and how the same phone on different carriers gets updates differently. You can call me out, but I'm not trying to do anything for effect. I don't like the update process on Android. I like it on Apple. Pretty simple.

You're grossly exaggerating and that's that....you can say you like android but that's it... And your using Verizon as your defense? Verizon has always been the slowest. HTC, Motorola are generally pretty quick to update their phones and Samsung is to an extent on their unlocked devices and international ones

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR