Tried out the s6 edge for 4 days and immediately went back to iPhone 6 plus

kingloui26

May 15, 2015
Visit site
Why does this thread has to be that 😂😭😂😂 lets all follow Sean guidelines on what a thread suppose to consist of can you make one and show us how it's done?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Why does this thread has to be that �������� lets all follow Sean guidelines on what a thread suppose to consist of can you make one and show us how it's done?

I guess a good starting point for you would be to educate yourself on the difference between opinion, preference and fact. That should clear up a lot of the issues you seem to have.

burwil

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
Wow I thought these Android/iOS battles were so passe. Owned both, liked both, both borrowed from each other. And the winner is......US! (as in we, not the USA).

mulasien

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I'll never understand why people feel their preferences equate to general problems with one OS or the other. Android isn't "behind", it's just different. It's built different natively for different functionality that appeals to different people. Why trash it because you prefer something else?

iOS is great for some and terrible for others.
Android is great for some and terrible for others.
Windows OS is great for some and terrible for others.
Strawberry milkshakes are great for some and terrible for others.

...it'd be great if people could simply enjoy their preferred stuff without trashing the other stuff out there.

Sean, I think I love you (platonically, of course)

mulasien

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Actually iOS is the one that's behind. Apple have copied essential functions in the past from Android such as the notification pulldown. Android has way more possibilities and is more mature in that regard.

However, I enjoy iOS more as a system and have an iPhone 6 Plus because it's just a joy to use even though it's a very locked in system. It's so smooth and responsive though. But Android Lollipop is pretty smooth too at least Vanilla Android.

This picture comes to mind, and it's pretty true but it does not really do anything negative about the user experience and that's my point:

View attachment 81663

Oh geez, not this crap again. Especially ironic given that people in here are fighting against the rabid fanboy mentality (on any side), and here you come in just derping it up.

Didn't Android just recently get 'find my phone' functionality that iPhone has had for years?

That joke cuts both ways.

Oh, and nobody outside of the niche rabid fanboy community cares which phone had which feature first.

mulasien

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I like the idea of the S6 Edge (with the side display), however the reviews I've read have stated 1. it's not very useful outside of the 'oh that's cool' aspect and 2. It's actually less comfortable to hold since the back side is 'sharper' than a standard display, digging into your hand a bit.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
I'll never understand why people feel their preferences equate to general problems with one OS or the other. Android isn't "behind", it's just different. It's built different natively for different functionality that appeals to different people. Why trash it because you prefer something else?

iOS is great for some and terrible for others.
Android is great for some and terrible for others.
Windows OS is great for some and terrible for others.
Strawberry milkshakes are great for some and terrible for others.

...it'd be great if people could simply enjoy their preferred stuff without trashing the other stuff out there.

Android is behind in battery management and memory management. My iPad Mini will outlast my Nexus 7 by a week, at least.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Android is behind in battery management and memory management. My iPad Mini will outlast my Nexus 7 by a week, at least.

I think it depends on the device being used in this regard...iPads (especially those which don't use cellular connection) can have phenomenal battery life, but those WITH cellular connection can be far worse. Same with phones...Notes are pretty well regarded as having great battery life.

dannejanne

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Care to explain what exactly that even means? What the hell is a more "mature" operating system?

And what possibilities does the Android OS present that iOS cannot?

I'm guessing this was just your best opportunity to post that ridiculous picture.

Chill down, "genious". My intentions were never to stir up the pot in here but some are obviously very easily offended obviously. Are you supposed to be some kind of uber-iMore user that everyone should respect of what? You seem to be very fond of yourself in your attitude. Don't bother to give me some kind of snobby answer because I wont read it. Have a nice day.

Last edited:

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Not behind its different. I use and test all types of devices for work and each has its pros and cons.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Chill down, "genious". My intentions were never to stir up the pot in here but some are obviously very easily offended obviously. Are you supposed to be some kind of uber-iMore user that everyone should respect of what? You seem to be very fond of yourself in your attitude. Don't bother to give me some kind of snobby answer because I wont read it. Have a nice day.

This is what I call a snobby answer.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen