Apple's extreme Location tracking on by default.

FaisDogg

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
There are some default location tracking hidden under settings.
Settings > Privacy > Location Services > System Services > Frequent Locations > Tap on list items
iOS collecting very detailed information about you location, kinda creepy. You will find a map showing your position over the past, time that you spend at each location. I don't remember ever telling any app where I work, but iOS has labeled my work location labeled as "Work" with exact time each day I arrive at work and leave. Any new or unusual place I visit on the map, has a separate tab. Also location based iAds are turned on by default.
Good news is you are able to clear location history and turn off the option called location frequency. What are your thoughts, did anyone ever noticed it?

Thanks for reading and responding.

Sent from my  iPhone 6 Plus!

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
For those who want to check:

Settings>Privacy>Location Services>System Services>Frequent Locations

Doesn't really make a difference for me whether it tracks it.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I was already aware of the setting as well as aware of the option to disable it and therefore, it does t bother me at all, especially being that I've always disabled the "frequent locations" option.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
There are some default location tracking hidden under settings.
Settings > Privacy > Location Services > System Services > Frequent Locations > Tap on list items
iOS collecting very detailed information about you location, kinda creepy. You will find a map showing your position over the past, time that you spend at each location. I don't remember ever telling any app where I work, but iOS has labeled my work location labeled as "Work" with exact time each day I arrive at work and leave. Any new or unusual place I visit on the map, has a separate tab. Also location based iAds are turned on by default.
Good news is you are able to clear location history and turn off the option called location frequency. What are your thoughts, did anyone ever noticed it?

Thanks for reading and responding.

Common knowledge that those settings exist, as well has how to disable them (I did). It doesn't bother me at all. I trust Apple a lot more than I trust the NSA and other government agencies.

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Common knowledge that those settings exist, as well has how to disable them (I did). It doesn't bother me at all. I trust Apple a lot more than I trust the NSA and other government agencies.

I agree with you 100%. I'll place my trust in Apple until they demonstrate to me I can't trust them.

Pale Wraith

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
I leave it on because I use the travel time info for my frequent locations. If not for that I'd turn it off.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus