Why is there lag on iPhone 6 Plus but not iPhone 5?

Pandurr

Mar 18, 2015
Visit site
Why am I lagging a bit on my iphone 6 plus when playing for example simcity buildit, but my friend with iphone 5 isn't lagging at all?

Thanks in advance!

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: Lagging on iphone 6 plus but not iphone 5?

Since the app says it’s optimized for the iPhone 6, I would suggest you verify the speed/stability of your network connection.

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site

Used same network.

Well, if you have the same version of the game, I would suggest the following in order:

1) Verify game settings.

2) Restart your phone.

3) Reset network settings on the iPhone.

4) Uninstall/Reinstall the game.

Abu_khulzat

May 10, 2015
Visit site

I checked many iPhone 6 plus units and found out that they actually lag if you have some widgets that update content in real time, like stocks, weather, etc. Try to pull down the Notification Center on the lock screen or with the reminders app being open. It also lags frequently when quitting apps. If you have many time reminders, try to see the scheduled screen in the portrait layout and try to scroll, you will see a severe lag. However, in the landscape it is smooth. I thought my unit was faulty, but then I went to different stores and checked display units , and they all have lag in the described scenarios. I also did factory reset, but no result, same lag.
iPhone 6 doesn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Abu_khulzat

May 10, 2015
Visit site

If you have widgets that update in the real time, that will cause a lag. Just try to pull out the Notification Center from the lock screen. There frequent lag when quitting apps. However the iPhone 6 doesn't have it.
I thought my unit was faulty. Then I went to stores and checked several display units, they all had the lag when the Notification Center is pulled from lock screen several times.

Abu_khulzat

May 10, 2015
Visit site

If you have widgets that update their content, try to pull the Notification Center from the lock screen. You will see some lag

Abu_khulzat

May 10, 2015
Visit site

I thought this was only my unit, but I checked several devices, all had the lag in that scenario

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site

If you have widgets that update in the real time, that will cause a lag. Just try to pull out the Notification Center from the lock screen. There frequent lag when quitting apps. However the iPhone 6 doesn't have it

Be careful with your wording here because when I read this, it makes it sound as if you are making a blanket statement that all 6 plus devices will experience lag if widgets are running and updated in real time. I have the 6 plus, I have several real-time widgets running, and I do not experience lag. Also, display units in store are not a good measure of phone performance.

Abu_khulzat

May 10, 2015
Visit site

I will post a video tomorrow with this lag. It happens, as I observed, only at lock screen and when some apps are used. Reminders is one of those apps.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I will post a video tomorrow with this lag. It happens, as I observed, only at lock screen and when some apps are used. Reminders is one of those apps.

You do not need to post a video. We will take your word for it. Just know that not everyone is experiencing lag on their iPhone 6 Plus.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

If you have widgets that update in the real time, that will cause a lag. Just try to pull out the Notification Center from the lock screen. There frequent lag when quitting apps. However the iPhone 6 doesn't have it.
I thought my unit was faulty. Then I went to stores and checked several display units, they all had the lag when the Notification Center is pulled from lock screen several times.

Mine does not do this with the widgets that I have.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Lagging on iphone 6 plus but not iphone 5?

I checked many iPhone 6 plus units and found out that they actually lag if you have some widgets that update content in real time, like stocks, weather, etc. Try to pull down the Notification Center on the lock screen or with the reminders app being open. It also lags frequently when quitting apps. If you have many time reminders, try to see the scheduled screen in the portrait layout and try to scroll, you will see a severe lag. However, in the landscape it is smooth. I thought my unit was faulty, but then I went to different stores and checked display units , and they all have lag in the described scenarios. I also did factory reset, but no result, same lag.
iPhone 6 doesn't.

Let's say for the sake of argument that ALL iPhone 6 Plus units do as you say. Now what? Are we all suppose to go postal on Apple or something?

Abu_khulzat

May 10, 2015
Visit site

If you read my wording carefully, you would see that I didn't that all of the iPhone 6 plus have this issue. What I said is that I tried to reproduce this fault on several devices, one is mine, the other is my brothers, and about 5 devices on displays of different shops. In all cases I was able to reproduce the same. So my statement is that this is very frequent. I also found that in Apple support forum there are some complaints regarding this.
If I am bringing up this issue here, doesn't mean that I want to just blame this device, I just want to make the voice heard, so if there are enough complaints, Apple starts doing something about it.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Lagging on iphone 6 plus but not iphone 5?

If you read my wording carefully, you would see that I didn't that all of the iPhone 6 plus have this issue. What I said is that I tried to reproduce this fault on several devices, one is mine, the other is my brothers, and about 5 devices on displays of different shops. In all cases I was able to reproduce the same. So my statement is that this is very frequent. I also found that in Apple support forum there are some complaints regarding this.
If I am bringing up this issue here, doesn't mean that I want to just blame this device, I just want to make the voice heard, so if there are enough complaints, Apple starts doing something about it.

I understand, but you're assuming that many others will view the lag as a nuisance in the manner in which you do. Anyway, it may be best to simply submit a bug report to Apple in this regard.

Abu_khulzat

May 10, 2015
Visit site

I used to have iPhone 4s long time ago. That device was really smooth. I switched to android and recently switched back to iOS again. So now I see that iOS now is not what it used to be back then.

Abu_khulzat

May 10, 2015
Visit site

That's why I tried to explain in detail, so others could of reproduce it too. My brother has been using his new device since its launch , but never noticed the issue until I showed it to him on my device and then on his too. So there are many people who just don't see it. I want to make them see it, and then submit a bug to Apple and others would join too. This will make them react promptly.
However, I didn't get to know how it works with Apple support yet.

Pandurr

Mar 18, 2015
Visit site

the problem is just that its not running so smooth on the game, everything loads faster than the iphone 5 but doesnt run as smooth.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site

I used to have iPhone 4s long time ago. That device was really smooth. I switched to android and recently switched back to iOS again. So now I see that iOS now is not what it used to be back then.

Again with the blanket generalization. Do you mean to say that 'for you', iOS now is not what it used to be back then? Because my 6 plus running 8.3 is just as smooth if not better than my 4S was running iOS 5.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2