6 plus issue sent me back to Android

flybub

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Hey all. I've been bouncing back and forth between the 2 platforms for a while. I have a Droid Turbo as well as my plus and every other week or so I'd swap my sim and use the other phone. Over the last week and a half my iPhone has been freezing up on me. The screen will freeze and it's very random. I could be quick replying to a message from the lock screen, typing in messages, browsing in safari, and the like. After 20 seconds or so it starts running as normal. The home button works, volume buttons work, but any inputs to the screen do not.

I've updated to 8.3, a restored from backup, restored as new, disabled icloud, turned off accessibility features, and uninstalled all 3rd party apps. Nothing has worked. I called apple and they went through some things but they didn't work either. My last resort is going to an apple store but the closest one is 2 hours away. Full time job, college classes, family at home, there aren't enough hours in the day for that. I really want to use my iPhone but this lock up drives me crazy and always seems to happen when I'm in a conversation with a client. I don't remember this happening on 8.2 for what it's worth. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm crossing my fingers it's an 8.3 issue and an update will fix it but I'm not optimistic at this point. Apple has released some pretty bad os updates lately and hopefully this is one of them.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Sorry you've had issues with your phone. Usually, things like this sound software related. Have you tried restoring your phone as new, after making a backup of your data through iTunes, of course?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
That is definitely something specific to your device...especially if you've done all the steps you listed. Having it replaced would be the only logical step, and Apple CAN send you a replacement in the mail (so you don't have to drive 2 hours). I've had a near perfect experience on 8.3, so honestly, I would definitely suggest trying a replacement before jumping ship all together.

As far as Apple's recent OS updates, most people have found them to be quite stable based on the reports and common complaints I've seen. You just have a screwy device.

flybub

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. I figured I would have to get another device. But hoping I overlooked a step somewhere. Thanks again for the help

Posted via the iMore App for Android

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I use the flashlight from the lock screen often and many times when I go to turn off the flashlight, I can't. The whole thing just locks up and nothing responds. The only way to get out of it is to hold the home and power button till it reboots. It could be the same bug as the OP but mine so far only happens with the flashlight.

Using the flashlight from the lock screen is the only time I experience the lockup and I have a gold 64GB 6+. I don't think it's just an 8.3 issue because my 6+ is on 8.1.2 because it is jailbroken.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I use the flashlight from the lock screen often and many times when I go to turn off the flashlight, I can't. The whole thing just locks up and nothing responds. The only way to get out of it is to hold the home and power button till it reboots. It could be the same bug as the OP but mine so far only happens with the flashlight.

Using the flashlight from the lock screen is the only time I experience the lockup and I have a gold 64GB 6+. I don't think it's just an 8.3 issue because my 6+ is on 8.1.2 because it is jailbroken.

I don't have any issues with the flashlight (or any other app or function) locking up my iPhone 6 Plus. And of course, it's possible that the jailbreak itself is somehow involved in your issue, as it does replace part of the Apple provided iOS code with its own functions and processes.

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't have any issues with the flashlight (or any other app or function) locking up my iPhone 6 Plus. And of course, it's possible that the jailbreak itself is somehow involved in your issue, as it does replace part of the Apple provided iOS code with its own functions and processes.
Yes, it could very well be.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73