Is my iPhone unlocked

WildCatStud333

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
I purchased my 6 plus at the Apple store sometime last year after the release. I have it on AT&T but I'm going to switch to T-Mobile. How do I find out if it's unlocked??? I was told it was.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
If you paid full price it is but if you bought on contract it isn't which includes AT&T next. The only one who sells iPhones or any other phone unlocked by the factory on contract or not is Verizon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I bought it out right at the Apple store

If you paid full retail cost for it then you probably have a phone that is unlockable, but because it was an AT&T model, it's probably still locked to their service. You can try two things...

- Restore in iTunes and after the restore is completed, it will say "Congrats, you be unlocked yo! SWEET!" or something along those lines.
- Contact AT&T and fill out their unlock form for the device...can take up to 24 hours to process (also make sure your bill is paid up to date).

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
If you bought it full price at the Apple Store whether it was for AT&T or not, it's unlocked.

If you bought it at a subsidized price or through the AT&T Next plan then it isn't unlocked.

robbrick

Dec 12, 2003
www.dimensiondvd.com
Do I need to call AT&T and ask???
Yes you do. As Sean said:

If you paid full retail cost for it then you probably have a phone that is unlockable, but because it was an AT&T model, it's probably still locked to their service.

You probably did not buy the unlocked version, but rather the AT&T version, which paying full price or not, is locked to AT&T's network. Call AT&T and ask them to unlock your phone and make sure your bill is paid up-to-date.

Since you bought the phone outright, you are probably not under contract with AT&T so they shouldn't hassle you at all.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234