Is my iPhone unlocked

robbrick

Dec 12, 2003
www.dimensiondvd.com
This is FALSE. Full price from Apple comes unlocked. Doesn't matter if the intended use was for Att.

I didn't know if Apple Store reps would actually pull an unlocked phone out of stock if you came in asking for, say, an iPhone 6 Plus on AT&T and decided to buy it outright. It does make sense they 'should' sell that version. If you buy it outright from AT&T, then it would still be locked upon purchase, correct?

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I didn't know if Apple Store reps would actually pull an unlocked phone out of stock if you came in asking for, say, an iPhone 6 Plus on AT&T and decided to buy it outright. It does make sense they 'should' sell that version. If you buy it outright from AT&T, then it would still be locked upon purchase, correct?

If you buy it outright from AT&T, yeah. Those are the carriers for you lol

WildCatStud333

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Got my girl off my plan cuz we're not together anymore. Got the promotional individual 15GB plan from AT&T. Still thinking about switching to T-Mobile to try it out cuz I want unlimited. If I don't like it I can switch back to AT&T cuz I won't be under contract and I'll be using my iPhone

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Yes you do. As Sean said:

You probably did not buy the unlocked version, but rather the AT&T version, which paying full price or not, is locked to AT&T's network. Call AT&T and ask them to unlock your phone and make sure your bill is paid up-to-date.

Since you bought the phone outright, you are probably not under contract with AT&T so they shouldn't hassle you at all.

No I don't believe so ....remember seeing a video about this on technobuffalo. If you bought any iPhone 6 or 6 plus directly at the Apple Store and paid full price the phone is unlocked already.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Got my girl off my plan cuz we're not together anymore. Got the promotional individual 15GB plan from AT&T. Still thinking about switching to T-Mobile to try it out cuz I want unlimited. If I don't like it I can switch back to AT&T cuz I won't be under contract and I'll be using my iPhone

Test drive t-Mobile first with test drive. They charge your card for the price of the phone but only a hold so make sure you have the funds there and they let you try out their network for a week with an iPhone 5S

WildCatStud333

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Test drive t-Mobile first with test drive. They charge your card for the price of the phone but only a hold so make sure you have the funds there and they let you try out their network for a week with an iPhone 5S

I switched to T-Mobile. My iPhone is unlocked. Switched Sims. Have unlimited everything now. Once I go back to work Monday and see how the service is there. I'll make my mind up. I can switch back to AT&T anytime. No contracts no device payments.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I switched to T-Mobile. My iPhone is unlocked. Switched Sims. Have unlimited everything now. Once I go back to work Monday and see how the service is there. I'll make my mind up. I can switch back to AT&T anytime. No contracts no device payments.

Personally I would of test drived t-mobile first since I find switching a pain in the *** and I've done it 3 times in the past year or so

robbrick

Dec 12, 2003
www.dimensiondvd.com
I also have t-mobile. They rock here in Los Angeles. Faster lte than Verizon. Went from Verizon to sprint to t-mobile. Super-satisfied. I believe TMO to be the only carrier that's actively (and quickly/visibly) bettering their network.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro