Thinking about going from Note 4 to iPhone 6 Plus

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
For the record, I've owned every model of iPhone ever made and also every Galaxy and Note phone ever made.

Recently I had the 6 plus and the Note 4 and spent a great deal of time doing side by side comparisons,,,,, features, battery life and especially the cameras.

The iPhone went by bye bye and I kept my Note 4,,,,,,, as a phone for me the winner was the Note 4,,,,,,, for tablets my iPad get more love than my Android tablets.

I use and love both platforms.

Cheers, Davyo

What made you pick the Note 4 over the 6 Plus?

21stNow

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
....in your opinion which is not the definitive one....here's an opposite view:

"The battery performance on the Note 4 isn't quite as good as the Galaxy Note 3 then (which lost 13% in the same test), but with day-to-day usage you're unlikely to notice much of a difference."

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 review: Battery life | TechRadar

I trust real world reviews more than reviewers on websites who perform controlled tests that may not mirror actual usage. Unless there was a problem with the Note 4 (mostly associated with an update), I haven't seen anyone say that the battery life was worse on the 4 than the III. Needless to say, I disagree with your quote as I use my Note 4 more than I used my Note III and don't have to charge the 4 nearly as often.

Should I get a Note 3 or a Note 4? - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
For the record, I've owned every model of iPhone ever made and also every Galaxy and Note phone ever made.

Recently I had the 6 plus and the Note 4 and spent a great deal of time doing side by side comparisons,,,,, features, battery life and especially the cameras.

The iPhone went by bye bye and I kept my Note 4,,,,,,, as a phone for me the winner was the Note 4,,,,,,, for tablets my iPad get more love than my Android tablets.

I use and love both platforms.

Cheers, Davyo

Glad you have the right combo now.

I also had a note 4 for a few weeks to use alongside my 6 plus but I ultimately returned the note 4. It's a nice phone but I'm too entrenched in the Apple ecosystem now so it just didn't fit in and it felt like I had to keep making excuses to use it.

burwil

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
I trust real world reviews more than reviewers on websites who perform controlled tests that may not mirror actual usage. Unless there was a problem with the Note 4 (mostly associated with an update), I haven't seen anyone say that the battery life was worse on the 4 than the III. Needless to say, I disagree with your quote as I use my Note 4 more than I used my Note III and don't have to charge the 4 nearly as often.

Should I get a Note 3 or a Note 4? - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

Every recent Android phone I've owned, Note 3, Note 2, HTC Rezound does not come even close to the 6 Plus. Android loads up every fricken app on your phone into memory and will touch most of them at one time or another in the course of a day. Widgets eat up CPU cycles and they are a staple of Android. They are not in iOS. Ever see this on an Android?

99f0c431fd95974c1845bb7d3f2457e1.jpg

Last edited:

21stNow

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Not sure of your point here. The point in my previous post was addressing the differences in battery life between the Note III and the Note 4. I would agree that the battery life on the iPhone 6 Plus is better than both of the Notes, though I can't attest to the battery life during usage because I use my iPhone in a different manner from my Notes. I do think that the standby time is better on the iPhone than on my Notes but, I have more accounts synced on my Notes, so it's hard for me to tell.

burwil

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
Point is that I'll need to put an new extended battery on a Note 4 because I've had to put them on the last 3. Especially since the 4 has 515 ppi vs 386 ppi for the 3. And a faster processor. Which makes me dubious of claims of better battery life. BTW I think designing a phone to push that many pixels is a waste. Beyond a certain point ppi is just for bragging rights like the camera resolution wars. Except that the more pixels you have the more resources you use to push them.

Sent from my iPhone 6 + using Tapatalk

hearmeoutx

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I have to admit, there was a time where I was not the biggest Apple fan. I did not want to admit how incredible it was to have a collection of Apple Devices.

Especially now that handoff is available. I can be on my MBA, iPad, or phone and I will receive the same message on each device. It means I don't have to stop what I am doing to check my messages, or to see who is calling. I love this feature.

On Android a device doesn't just work straight out of the box. There is usually bloat ware you want to get rid of or hide, and you are very tempted to customize it all the time. I cannot tell you how many times I flashed a new ROM when I had an android device. It was not worth the time it took in the end. I got an iPhone 4S and since then I have been hooked on Apple devices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fkpalm

Feb 20, 2002
Visit site
Note 4 was my best phone I ever had changed carriers and tried S6 edge and was very unhappy, so before my two weeks were up I decided to go with 6 plus and am not looking back very happy

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Definitely lol. I may peep the Note 5 as well but like you I will definitely keep my distance lol.

Still riding things out with the 6+ or have you gone back to Android? I'm such a flip flopper it isn't even friggin funny. I can't decide what the h*** I want!

llfloyd79

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Still riding things out with the 6+ or have you gone back to Android? I'm such a flip flopper it isn't even friggin funny. I can't decide what the h*** I want!

Still rocking the 6 Plus. I think I'm done with android for awhile. I flip flop so much and I always end back up with an iPhone lol. I have wasted so much money doing that over the years its not even funny at all. Nothing bad I can say about iPhone to be honest. I get great support from Apple....I get all the updates when they are released. I don't ever have to wonder if I will get the updates. Also now with iOS 9, they came out with a lot of the things I wanted them to add or make better. Like the battery saver mode...the updated Notes app....their own News app...and the dedicated iCloud app. Plus 80 percent of the people I text on the regular have iPhone...so that makes it easier to share files. iPhone is where I will be at for awhile.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Still rocking the 6 Plus. I think I'm done with android for awhile. I flip flop so much and I always end back up with an iPhone lol. I have wasted so much money doing that over the years its not even funny at all. Nothing bad I can say about iPhone to be honest. I get great support from Apple....I get all the updates when they are released. I don't ever have to wonder if I will get the updates. Also now with iOS 9, they came out with a lot of the things I wanted them to add or make better. Like the battery saver mode...the updated Notes app....their own News app...and the dedicated iCloud app. Plus 80 percent of the people I text on the regular have iPhone...so that makes it easier to share files. iPhone is where I will be at for awhile.

I hear ya man. I've been spending too much on this stuff since the BlackBerry days. I flip flop all the time and always end up on Android again. But I'm always looking for that one thing to make me stick. I gotta quit running through my kids' college funds for this stuff (I'm mostly kidding).

I love never having to worry about updates and support. It's a good feeling with Apple that you don't typically get on Android. But there's always something that draws me back to Android. But then when I'm on Android, there's always something I miss from iOS. It's a damn vicious cycle.

flybub

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
I hear ya man. I've been spending too much on this stuff since the BlackBerry days. I flip flop all the time and always end up on Android again. But I'm always looking for that one thing to make me stick. I gotta quit running through my kids' college funds for this stuff (I'm mostly kidding).

I love never having to worry about updates and support. It's a good feeling with Apple that you don't typically get on Android. But there's always something that draws me back to Android. But then when I'm on Android, there's always something I miss from iOS. It's a damn vicious cycle.

I'm the same way. I'll be back on android before the weeks end I'm sure. Come Monday I'll probably have the 6 plus back in my pocket. Lol

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm the same way. I'll be back on android before the weeks end I'm sure. Come Monday I'll probably have the 6 plus back in my pocket. Lol
If I had more cash I'd honestly have a little bit of everything. Unfortunately I just can't afford it.

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
I just sold my note 4 and bought the LG g4. I also have the 6 plus. I'm to the point where I want to just leave android for good. I've had almost every phone. The g4 is one of the best phones I've used. Very smooth and fast no lag very nexus 6. But I'm getting like 3 to 3.5 hours screen time with no difference in usage from the note 4. I was tired of the note lagging and call quality. There is always something wrong with every android phone. The g4 is almost perfect but almost unusable with the battery. I can get 9 or 10 hours screen time with my iPhone and great call quality too.

Easycure1974

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Also had the LG G4 and it was ok. But I dont think you get 9-10 hours of screen time with your iPhone but 9-10 hours of usage but that is with background task and so. The usage time on iPhone under usage is not just when screen is on

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
Also had the LG G4 and it was ok. But I dont think you get 9-10 hours of screen time with your iPhone but 9-10 hours of usage but that is with background task and so. The usage time on iPhone under usage is not just when screen is on

I disagree. I use my phone a ton for work. Phone calls, GPS, email. Same usage with iPhone, note 4, g4. The 6 plus is the only phone that will get me through the day without having to charge it. The droid maxx could as well but the iphone is a beast for battery life. The iphone isn't usually my daily phone though my note 4 was and now my g4 is.

Easycure1974

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
I disagree. I use my phone a ton for work. Phone calls, GPS, email. Same usage with iPhone, note 4, g4. The 6 plus is the only phone that will get me through the day without having to charge it. The droid maxx could as well but the iphone is a beast for battery life. The iphone isn't usually my daily phone though my note 4 was and now my g4 is.

What do you disagree with? I also have the Plus and yes it has great battery life and make it through the day. So you mean that you have the screen on for more than a normal workday? I can get 10-12 hours of usage if I look under settings - usage - battery usage or whatever it is named in a iPhone with English as language. But that is not the screen time. And yes it is better than the Note 4, had one and the LG G4. The G4 don't have a very good battery life.

Skickat fr?n min iPhone med Tapatalk

dsamp23

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
I went from a note 4 to a 6+ and I am not disappointed. I never really liked iPhones before because of the size but now I'm able to enjoy IOS because the screen is much bigger and the battery life is excellent. A lot of android phones have things that are gimmicky and drains the battery in the background but my iPhone was well worth the money.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I went from a note 4 to a 6+ and I am not disappointed. I never really liked iPhones before because of the size but now I'm able to enjoy IOS because the screen is much bigger and the battery life is excellent. A lot of android phones have things that are gimmicky and drains the battery in the background but my iPhone was well worth the money.

Glad you like your 6 Plus. It's a great phone. I have both right now. I agree to some extent about the gimmicky features, but that's going to vary from one person to the next. One person's gimmick is another's great feature. Either way I agree it does take away from battery life. I've been using a Note 4 for about a month and a half. I still have my 6 Plus that I used for the prior 6 months. I like to check out the Note phones every year. I do use a lot of the features but I always miss the connectivity with my family when I'm not carrying my iPhone. Not that I can't connect. It's just easier. That and the fact that iOS runs so smooth. No lag or very little anyway. Although my experience has not been as bad as some, no matter what you do to a Note you won't get rid of the lag 100% .

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2