Thinking about going from Note 4 to iPhone 6 Plus

skittlepop

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
I agree. Recently I thought about going with an Android tablet, but I fly drones, and my latest model requires the use of a smart phone or tablet. Reports showed the Air 2 has the best performance and compatability so I went with it. Haven't regretted it one bit. Form factor and performance have been excellent. I will say, even though I'm thinking about moving to the 6 plus, that I like the note 4 form better. I helped my Mother set up her 6 plus and found the round button made it a little long and more awkward (a little) to use one handed than the N4.

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I went from a note 3 to the 6 plus. Enjoying the change. I've always used an extended battery with my devices. If the 6 plus doesn't deliver on the battery I'll get the Note 4. Unfortunately the swiping keyboards are pretty inaccurate on iOS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You won't be disappointed with the battery life on the 6 plus. I'd used Samsung phones for 2.5 years before getting the 6 plus including the note 3. I was used to having a spare battery that I could just pop in so I was a bit apprehensive about getting the 6 plus. I needn't have been. The 6 plus is an absolute beast when it comes to battery life. I easily get 10 hours usage and well over a day in standby. My boyfriend and I went for a night out for new year. He has the note 3 and I took my 6 plus. We used our phones heavily taking lots of pics and using social media, messaging etc. At the end of the night/ next morning I had about 40% battery left. He had gone through his battery and the spare battery and was out of charge.

I used to use swiftkey all the time on my Samsung Galaxy devices. I don't use any of the third party keyboards on my 6 plus for two main reasons. Firstly because I find the stock keyboard to be very accurate and fast. It's the best keyboard I've ever used on any device, including swiftkey. Secondly all the third party keyboards I've used on iOS are just too buggy it ends up being not worth using them imo.

The good thing about going for the 6 plus first is that if you find out it's not for you you will be able to sell it and buy the note 4 without taking a hit. However if you go with the note 4 first and then sell that for the 6 plus you'll have to put some money towards it.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I have been a Note user in addition to the iPhone since the Note 2. I have had the 6 Plus for about 5 months. That is the longest I have stayed on a single device in years. That alone should tell you something about how good the 6 plus is. I did finally cave and buy a Note 4 last week. I think the Note phones are great and the 4 is certainly the best one yet as it should be.

The Note 4 is great. It does all the things I love about the series. The screen is amazing. The S-Pen is better than ever and in my opinion if you hold each one naked the Note 4 is easier and has a better feel in the hand. The 6 Plus looks great but it is just harder to hold in my opinion. All of that is great but the most important thing for me is day to day usage. How does the phone handle the things I do the most? For me that is phone calls, messaging, email, pictures, music, podcasts and social media. This is where it gets tough for me. I prefer messages on iPhone and email on the Note. Pictures are a draw. Ease of use goes to iPhone and options goes to Note with quality being close enough between the two. Music and podcasts goes to iPhone hands down. I do use google music but I can do that on the 6 Plus just fine. Social media is just better on the iPhone. The apps run better and look better.

So at the end of the day you have to find what works for you. I used to think that I could not go without all the options to make my phone look as I want but that's just not true. I adjusted. I still think the Note is a great phone and tool. At the end of the day the 6 Plus runs smooth and does the day to day job very well. Oh and my family uses iPhone and iPad. The connection to them is great and important. Good luck with your choice. It's a personal one that no one can make but you.

burwil

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
Yes, I'm in agreement with both of you. Yesterday was the first day I had the plus out and away from my wifi. 17 hours of standby, 5.5 hours of usage and 35% remaining. I did use the phone quite a bit but no gaming. That's great battery life, one I could not hope to approach with the Note 3 standard battery. I do kind of miss the S Pen....I like to scribble out to-do lists on the screen but I'll just need to use the Notes app for that. I was pleased to see a number of important google apps available to iOS which I found very necessary. Google Maps due to it's great traffic mapping, Google Drive, and Play Music which I got in on at the very beginning which means I pay a discounted monthly price. I really like the pull down widgets and notifications and streamlining of everything. Hope everything continues to go well the next couple weeks. The Note 4 is there as a fall back. I do like Android but I don't like the constant temptation to buy themes, change up the screen widgets and constantly tweak.

skittlepop

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
The good thing about going for the 6 plus first is that if you find out it's not for you you will be able to sell it and buy the note 4 without taking a hit. However if you go with the note 4 first and then sell that for the 6 plus you'll have to put some money towards it.
That is a great point. Why didn't you post that last year, lol. I have my N4 listed on my local CL now for $550 including two cases and 64GB card. I'll take a bit of a hit if it sells and have to put out more for the 6 plus. Would have been much easier the other way around. Really wish I could justify owning both devices!

skittlepop

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
I have been a Note user in addition to the iPhone since the Note 2. I have had the 6 Plus for about 5 months. That is the longest I have stayed on a single device in years. That alone should tell you something about how good the 6 plus is. I did finally cave and buy a Note 4 last week. I think the Note phones are great and the 4 is certainly the best one yet as it should be.

The Note 4 is great. It does all the things I love about the series. The screen is amazing. The S-Pen is better than ever and in my opinion if you hold each one naked the Note 4 is easier and has a better feel in the hand. The 6 Plus looks great but it is just harder to hold in my opinion. All of that is great but the most important thing for me is day to day usage. How does the phone handle the things I do the most? For me that is phone calls, messaging, email, pictures, music, podcasts and social media. This is where it gets tough for me. I prefer messages on iPhone and email on the Note. Pictures are a draw. Ease of use goes to iPhone and options goes to Note with quality being close enough between the two. Music and podcasts goes to iPhone hands down. I do use google music but I can do that on the 6 Plus just fine. Social media is just better on the iPhone. The apps run better and look better.

So at the end of the day you have to find what works for you. I used to think that I could not go without all the options to make my phone look as I want but that's just not true. I adjusted. I still think the Note is a great phone and tool. At the end of the day the 6 Plus runs smooth and does the day to day job very well. Oh and my family uses iPhone and iPad. The connection to them is great and important. Good luck with your choice. It's a personal one that no one can make but you.

Excellent post and very fair comparison! Thanks!

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Androids are a ton of fun... when they work.
My experience has been that nice as they are with the OS they ship out with, they become worthless duds after software updates.
I've had several Motorolas and several Samsungs and everytime it was the same thing.
I honestly don't think I'm cut out for Android, to be honest.
I have the 6 Plus, now and everyday I'm thankful for it.
I just averted a major crisis with ... The IRS, of all things, all from my phone and it was easy. For Techtard extraordinaire little me.
Sure, anyone else could have done the same thing from an Android but... Android hates me, lol.

skittlepop

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Androids are a ton of fun... when they work.
My experience has been that nice as they are with the OS they ship out with, they become worthless duds after software updates.
I've had several Motorolas and several Samsungs and everytime it was the same thing.
I honestly don't think I'm cut out for Android, to be honest.
I have the 6 Plus, now and everyday I'm thankful for it.
I just averted a major crisis with ... The IRS, of all things, all from my phone and it was easy. For Techtard extraordinaire little me.
Sure, anyone else could have done the same thing from an Android but... Android hates me, lol.
Sorry you have had bad experiences with Android. I remember as recently as three or four years ago when Android wasn't quite as stable, but honestly, the last three I've owned have run as smoothly as my iPad. I personally think both OSs have come a long way to maturity. I could live and be happy with either, but as much as I love my iPad and moving soon to an iMac, it's time to go all in and enjoy the continuity. Looks like you found what makes you happy too! In the end, that's what it's all about :)

alloyd68

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
imo, I think the note 4 has more to offer then the 6+ but that's just me. My last iphone is a 5s (still have it) and I think the 6+ is almost just a bigger version of it.

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
imo, I think the note 4 has more to offer then the 6+ but that's just me. My last iphone is a 5s (still have it) and I think the 6+ is almost just a bigger version of it.
I just did the exact opposite from the OP I am planning on getting a macbook pro 15 inch in the near future and went from an iphone 5s to a galaxy s6 and don't regret it at all. I loved my iphone 5s on ios 7, but couldn't stand it on ios 8 even after the new updates. It was just too buggy for me. I almost got the note 4 but decided if I was going to android I should at least get the baddest one out. My friend has a 6+ and it's a great phone, ios just isn't the ios I fell in love with anymore. I will probably only have macs from now on though they walk laps around windows computers and just plain work.

skittlepop

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site

I'm just hoping I find them at least equal. Would hate to sell the N4 AND add a little cash to move to the 6 plus and be unhappy with it, especially since it is a phone I really like. Wish there was a way to test drive a 6 plus for a week to see if we're a good fit.

Robster33

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
I just did the exact opposite from the OP I am planning on getting a macbook pro 15 inch in the near future and went from an iphone 5s to a galaxy s6 and don't regret it at all. I loved my iphone 5s on ios 7, but couldn't stand it on ios 8 even after the new updates. It was just too buggy for me. I almost got the note 4 but decided if I was going to android I should at least get the baddest one out. My friend has a 6+ and it's a great phone, ios just isn't the ios I fell in love with anymore. I will probably only have macs from now on though they walk laps around windows computers and just plain work.

Been there done that, macs and Samsung phones just don't play well together.

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Been there done that, macs and Samsung phones just don't play well together.
Yeah I'll still have my 1 yeast old lenovo laptop, so I can use that if I have to. I have play music that let's me download all the music I want, so I really haven't had to plug it in for anything yet.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm thinking about leaving Android once and for all for a 6 Plus. I'm giving the Nexus 6 a shot, first. I'm just looking for something that works, works well, and has a great battery. I've been an Android guy for years, always dipping my toes into iOS and always coming back to Android. But I'm just getting tired of every new Android phone having a large share of issues. I know iPhones aren't error free, but they seem to be much less prone to issues.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm thinking about leaving Android once and for all for a 6 Plus. I'm giving the Nexus 6 a shot, first. I'm just looking for something that works, works well, and has a great battery. I've been an Android guy for years, always dipping my toes into iOS and always coming back to Android. But I'm just getting tired of every new Android phone having a large share of issues. I know iPhones aren't error free, but they seem to be much less prone to issues.

There are pluses and minuses to both systems. You just have to find out what works for you. The 6 Plus is a great phone. Definitely one of my favorite phones I've ever had. I picked up a Note 4 as well. They are both awesome. Just different. Have not tried the nexus 6 but I know some that love it. Just depends on how you use your phone and what you use with it. Can't go wrong with any of those phones in my opinion as long as it does what you need.

Sent from my Note 4

burwil

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
If you like to fiddle with your Android and change widgets, themes etc. you'll find yourself doing less of it with an iphone since it mostly can't be done unless you want to get into the guts of the OS. Which can be a blessing in itself. BTW, the Iphone 6 plus battery is outstanding. Just keep a handle on background apps and location settings and this thing will go all day with juice to spare. Can't say the same for Android. My Note 3 ate my battery to shreds.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
In the spirit of May 4th... Yoda said do or do not do - there is no try... So - Go - or don't go - there is no thinking... :D

Nader Salem

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I own both of them. But you should try out iphone 6 plus in apple store then you decide. Honestly i love both of them best phones

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Dukins

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Love both phones, but ultimately decided to stick with the 6+. I've been on android from the start. My whole family can not believe I made the switch completely. I just sold my Note 4 yesterday. I'll check out the Note 5 when it comes out. But I'm pretty content as is.

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
There are pluses and minuses to both systems. You just have to find out what works for you. The 6 Plus is a great phone. Definitely one of my favorite phones I've ever had. I picked up a Note 4 as well. They are both awesome. Just different. Have not tried the nexus 6 but I know some that love it. Just depends on how you use your phone and what you use with it. Can't go wrong with any of those phones in my opinion as long as it does what you need.

Sent from my Note 4

Well said. I'm one of those who love the Nexus 6. But all three look like great devices to me.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR