My switch from the Samsung Edge to the iPhone 6 Plus, who's with me?

Alanmilk

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
My switch from the Samsung Edge to the iPhone 6 Plus

The iPhone 6 Plus is a phone that blew my mind. I always was a Samsung lover until I had the Note Edge. I tried multiple attempts to give this phone a shot, but unfortunately, the technical issues were too much for me. The Edge was one of the best phones I ever had, the operating system was smooth, the look was great, and the features were great too. During the coming to an end for my Android life, the Edge battery died way too fast, the phone started heating up to high temperatures, and the phone would shut down periodically. I then had enough; I went to the mobile store and spoke with an associate with a smile on my face letting them know I need something different. Even though I was so upset, I kept a smile on my face and the associate gave be the best alternative, the iPhone 6 Plus. This phone was so quick and so easy to use, I questioned my love for the Samsung phones. Even though I am an iPhone lover now, the Samsung phones are still great to use with amazing features.

missy8787

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
Re: My switch from the Samsung Edge to the iPhone 6 Plus

I too liked Samsung but my galaxy s4 gave me way to many problems so I went back to iPhone I had a 4s and 5c for 2 years and never had a problem with them so I went to a 6 plus lol and love this phone

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site

The iPhone 6 Plus is a phone that blew my mind. I always was a Samsung lover until I had the Note Edge. I tried multiple attempts to give this phone a shot, but unfortunately, the technical issues were too much for me. The Edge was one of the best phones I ever had, the operating system was smooth, the look was great, and the features were great too. During the coming to an end for my Android life, the Edge battery died way too fast, the phone started heating up to high temperatures, and the phone would shut down periodically. I then had enough; I went to the mobile store and spoke with an associate with a smile on my face letting them know I need something different. Even though I was so upset, I kept a smile on my face and the associate gave be the best alternative, the iPhone 6 Plus. This phone was so quick and so easy to use, I questioned my love for the Samsung phones. Even though I am an iPhone lover now, the Samsung phones are still great to use with amazing features.

Sounds like you just got a defective phone, I use my Note Edge as my daily phone but I use my 6+ daily as well. Both of these phones easily last me 1.5-2 days on standby.

Robster33

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site

Funny i saw this thread as i just ordered a 6 plus 128gb this morning and just sold my Note Edge on eBay. Will sell my iPhone 6 when it arrives. I only really used the edge at home as a second phone but i loved the screen size, a few bugs, bit of lag but very nice phone. screen is oversaturated especially when you compare a movie on Netflix against the iPhone, it looks more natural. Got the lollipop update so it was better. Email annoyed me a bit. Battery is its weak point not even as good as my iPhone 6, and the drain on standby is horrid, iPhone stays on 100% all night, edge would drop 10% or more. I even turned it off for 2 days on 100% and was flat when i went to use it.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, and we're pleased that you found the iPhone 6 Plus to your liking. Having said that, if you need any assistance with your new toy, don't hesitate to ask....;)....Take care and have a great day

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site

Every time I read about someone getting the 6 Plus it really tests my willpowr. I want one SO BADLY.

COME OOOOOOOOON SEPTEMBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

6 Plus is a great phone. After 6 months it still feels new.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site

Welcome aboard and good luck with your new device.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site

Every time I read about someone getting the 6 Plus it really tests my willpowr. I want one SO BADLY.

COME OOOOOOOOON SEPTEMBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cannot take it any longer. I am going to get the 6 plus in an hour. Not sure if I will keep it, but I am trying it (again). I am just so used to being able to use the 6 so comfortably. Ugh. Decisions.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

I cannot take it any longer. I am going to get the 6 plus in an hour. Not sure if I will keep it, but I am trying it (again). I am just so used to being able to use the 6 so comfortably. Ugh. Decisions.

A tip for one-handed use: Do the thing where you tilt the phone to one side of your palm to get someplace far you're trying to reach. If you master that then one handed use isn't a problem for the most part.

If you're a one-handed typer then I don't know what to tell you. I couldn't even one-hand type on the size of the 5 or previous generations.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site

Seriously, I have such difficulty working with both my iPhone 6 Plus and my BlackBerry Passport. I'm this ---- close to giving up on BlackBerry for good. And this is rather sad.

The iPhone and iOS just works, period. Anyway, this isn't about me, it's about you. Good luck with your new device, enjoy it :)

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site

A tip for one-handed use: Do the thing where you tilt the phone to one side of your palm to get someplace far you're trying to reach. If you master that then one handed use isn't a problem for the most part.

If you're a one-handed typer then I don't know what to tell you. I couldn't even one-hand type on the size of the 5 or previous generations.

Thanks! When I tried it briefly one handed typing was ok. At 6'7 my hands are a bit larger. I'll tell you where I struggled was with the upper left corner. I readjusted my app layout to help with that but you realize a lot of functionality is placed in that corner such as navigation out of pages or to prior pages. I found I was always having to think....do I shift the phone in hand, is this a case for reachability, can I swipe back. Those minor things stuck out to me.

I think part of me is just scared. I've been using a small phone since 2007 and with even the 6, I didn't have to change a thing about how I use my phone. With the 6+, now adjustments in various ways must be made. I am struggling with understanding if screen resolution, OIS, etc truly make that much of a difference compared to the 6 to where it is a worthy trade off to me.

Smply_Rckless

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site

Seriously, I have such difficulty working with both my iPhone 6 Plus and my BlackBerry Passport. I'm this ---- close to giving up on BlackBerry for good. And this is rather sad.

The iPhone and iOS just works, period. Anyway, this isn't about me, it's about you. Good luck with your new device, enjoy it :)

Why are h giving up on blackberry ? Just curious.

Tapatalk'n On The IPhone 6 Plus 

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site

Why are h giving up on blackberry ? Just curious.

Sad as it is, I think it merely boils down to the simplicity of iOS and apps. Developers are making sure to develop apps and related hardware for iOS. Whereas BlackBerry, I'm not 100% sure what their direction is. Well, except that they seem more geared towards the business side of things versus the consumer...

anon(161369)

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site

wow you just described me, lol i can palm the 6 plus to move around but for the life of me cannot type one handed regardless of size.

Smply_Rckless

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site

Sad as it is, I think it merely boils down to the simplicity of iOS and apps. Developers are making sure to develop apps and related hardware for iOS. Whereas BlackBerry, I'm not 100% sure what their direction is. Well, except that they seem more geared towards the business side of things versus the consumer...

I visit Crackberry frequently, almost half of the users concerns are exactly that from what I've read. BB is more interested in enterprise than the consumer. The usual, no apps & the Z10 & Z30 users are beyond impatient for a follow up. Just seems out of control. Maybe it'll work better for Blackberry to go the business route, since it doesn't seem they have that many users.

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site

I just made the switch and now I feel I got a true upgrade! Battery is tops, screen is way better! Wish I would of got this in the first place.

Sent from my  Iphone 6 plus 

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site

I'm staying at my cousins house for a couple of days before exams hit me and I accompanied her to get her s6. I didn't use it for more than half an hour but from what we observed the camera is nice. The screen is nice but saturated compared to my 6+. Also the battery life seems poor as she worked today from 8-5 and came home with an almost dead battery. She didn't really use it that much while at work and came home with 20 percent. While my phone is was at 57% using it all day. It just feels like the same phone as her s3 and I'm glad I got the 6+ it's the first time I plan to stick with the same phone for the duration of my contract.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaMaRa1109

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site

The iPhone 6 plus is the king of smart phones in my opinion. Samsung is learning what the customer wants like less bloat, cleaner interface, a simple user experience, and a better build quality. But iPhone just still offers it in more complete and polished package hands down IMO.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site

Unfortunately, Samsung is still forcing updates on its customer:
A friend of mine just had an epic meltdown: Lollipop has officially crippled his Note 3.
He had not wanted to update but just like me last year, he woke up this morning with the update already installed, no way to reverse the process.
Now his calendar is gone, his contacts are gone, he can't email pics and texting is all weird.
He really wants to get an iPhone 6 Plus now but he just had huge medical bills so it will have to wait.
Needless to say he is not pleased.

I am so happy I got a 6 Plus. It has simplified my life in many ways, it's always reliable.