Landscape mode

missy8787

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
With the recent iOS 8.3 update has anyone's iPhone get stuck in landscape mode? My phone screen will be off and as soon as i unlock it it will be in landscape mode and I will have to fight with it to get it out of landscape mode or I have to restart the phone

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore

Not an issue on my GFs 6plus

Trying doing a Hard Reset and if it persists you can lock the rotation by swiping up and accessing the Control Center then tap the rotation lock

RobbyRob

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Mine does this all the time. I just got so annoyed I turned off auto rotate. Happens most on the home screen where my phone locks and turns off while the home screen is rotated and it won't turn back.

Easycure1974

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
You can "disable" the rotation feature via the Control Center b

Yes but then you disable rotation in mail, messages and so on. I would also love to disable it just for the home screen because it find that useless and annoying as the rotation is quite buggy sometimes

Skickat fr?n min iPhone med Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes but then you disable rotation in mail, messages and so on. I would also love to disable it just for the home screen because it find that useless and annoying as the rotation is quite buggy sometimes

I Understand, but unfortunately, that's not possible right now.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I hope they have issues like this addressed and dealt with before the 6s and 6s Plus is released.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

Easycure1974

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Yes it is pretty annoying it still is a issue sometimes almost half a year after the release of the iPhone 6 plus. I have a clean install of 8.3 but it still happens sometimes. Just lock it and unlock it resolves it for me. But that is still very annoying when it happens

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Wish there was a way to turn off JUST the home screen rotation.

You can in a sense by using zoomed view vs standard view. Home screen will not rotate.
Settings>display brightness>display zoom.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

robbrick

Dec 12, 2003
www.dimensiondvd.com
You can in a sense by using zoomed view vs standard view. Home screen will not rotate.
Settings>display brightness>display zoom.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

I believe you will also lose the dual pane email/messages windows due to the screen being zoomed. It's unfortunately not just for the home screen to be zoomed, but everything.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh