Just switched from the 6 to the 6 plus and what a difference

WolfBanner87

Apr 18, 2015
Visit site
I'm new to the imore family and just wanted to share my experience switching from the 6 to the 6 plus. I'm a long time android user(still am). After debating about the switch I jumped and did it!! Wow!! First thing was the screen!! Big and bold. Large bezels but still extremely thin... But what sealed the deal from me was the battery life. Taking it off the charging at 5am, hour and a half of podcast, a few calls , and mostly sms/emails I get home at 5pm and I'm at 75%!! My iPhone 6 I would have to charge at about 3pm. Glad I switched :)

mulcahyd

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
Cool. I have the 6 plus too. It's great. The battery life is good too. I use it for everything.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk 

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Another switcher here too... Had the 6 for about 5 months then switched to the Plus... No regrets! The display and battery life are epic!

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I love the battery life on my 6 plus. I also like the larger screen and the fact that typing with my thumbs is very comfortable. I am a happy 6 plus user.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I first thought the device would be to big, but after using it the past month as my daily driver, I found the larger screen is great for emails and messaging.

Being I am almost 60 and wear glasses, the larger screen is a plus. I have noticed a lot of the apps are now being optimized for the screen and look great.

The battery life is fantastic and I am not one who plays games or watches movies on my device. As long as I get a solid day of usage using email, messaging and my social apps, I am a happy camper and the iPhone 6+ does just that.

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Those are the main reasons I got the 6+. I need the extra screen space to be able to type comfortably, read ibooks or large documents. Not to mention I can use it all day without having to charge after 3 hours. The 6+ is the device that got me to switch back to Apple and I'm glad I did because this things a beast and I can see myself keeping it for the remainder of my contract.

mayconvert

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I just did the opposite. I had the 6+ and Note 4. Changed both to the S6 Edge and iPhone 6.
I just got tired of the over sized devices. I love the screen size of the 6+ but I feel like its not balanced properly and is top heavy and wants to flip over when trying to use it one handed.
Glad to have choices though. I am happy with both of my phones. I will add a windows phone soon as MS wakes up and makes something worth buying.

DaMaRa1109

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
I switched from an iPhone to a 6 plus as well and couldn't be happier. Everything just looks and feels better imo and the battery is a huge bonus!

WolfBanner87

Apr 18, 2015
Visit site
I just did the opposite. I had the 6+ and Note 4. Changed both to the S6 Edge and iPhone 6.
I just got tired of the over sized devices. I love the screen size of the 6+ but I feel like its not balanced properly and is top heavy and wants to flip over when trying to use it one handed.
Glad to have choices though. I am happy with both of my phones. I will add a windows phone soon as MS wakes up and makes something worth buying.

Yeah my other device is a galaxy note 4. I'm looking to get a smaller android device . Carrying two large devices on me is tough. I understand your points exactly though. Need that good balance. Hoes the battery life on the s6 edge?

mayconvert

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Yeah my other device is a galaxy note 4. I'm looking to get a smaller android device . Carrying two large devices on me is tough. I understand your points exactly though. Need that good balance. Hoes the battery life on the s6 edge?

I have been very happy with S6 Battery life. I have had the phone 10 days and I would say its the same battery life you would get from an iPhone 6.
I charge my phones Before bed (don't like charging a phone for 6-8 hrs while I sleep)
I take them off charger and use as alarm clock, I can take the S6 to work, use it all day long and get home with 40% battery left. (average is 18 hours between charging)
It really is a fantastic device. Super Happy having both phones so I can just drop the sim in the OS I want to use that day.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
I switched from an iPhone 6 to 6 Plus within 5 days of having my 6. And I was really lucky. I walked into AT&T and asked do you have a 6 Plus 64GB? Someone didn't collect their unit. Boom.

Anyway, nicely done...

EricandSuebee

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I think the 6 plus is by far my favorite phone I've ever had, as every else has said the battery and screen are the big pluses that drove me to the phone and I'm glad Apple went this way. I was skeptical before playing with it, but after using it for a couple days and now being 6+ months using it I can't see myself going back to smaller phone.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Yep, I got the 6 which I really loved but my closeup vision sucks so bad I got a Plus and sold my 6 recently. Best decision ever.

hatchettjack

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
6+ since December and I couldn't imagine owning a phone smaller than this beast! The screen and camera ois overwhelmingly makes the 6+ better!

Sent from my  6+

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Yep, I got the 6 which I really loved but my closeup vision sucks so bad I got a Plus and sold my 6 recently. Best decision ever.

I have very poor vision. I find the 6 in zoomed mode is the most comfortable text. 6+ isn't bad by any means.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I have very poor vision. I find the 6 in zoomed mode is the most comfortable text. 6+ isn't bad by any means.

I did that but the way I use my phone, it made more sense to just get the Plus. Both are very, VERY sweet devices, though.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711