Just switched from the 6 to the 6 plus and what a difference

razza1987

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
I first thought the device would be to big, but after using it the past month as my daily driver, I found the larger screen is great for emails and messaging.

Being I am almost 60 and wear glasses, the larger screen is a plus. I have noticed a lot of the apps are now being optimized for the screen and look great.

The battery life is fantastic and I am not one who plays games or watches movies on my device. As long as I get a solid day of usage using email, messaging and my social apps, I am a happy camper and the iPhone 6+ does just that.

When I had to use my 5c for a few hours after my six plus died when we lost power for almost three days during our category three hurricane I was like "how the heck did I ever use this small thing?" lol

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
When I had to use my 5c for a few hours after my six plus died when we lost power for almost three days during our category three hurricane I was like "how the heck did I ever use this small thing?" lol

Lol, I know how you feel, but in all fairness to the 5 series, the forum factor was perfect.

Robster33

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
Got my 128gb SG 6 plus today coming from a 16gb 6. What a difference, it feels smoother, faster than my 6 i compared both, nicer screen, and all that space. Got a UAG maverick case just had the Apple leather on the 6.
Anyone use the Tech 21 glass screen protector?

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Got my 128gb SG 6 plus today coming from a 16gb 6. What a difference, it feels smoother, faster than my 6 i compared both, nicer screen, and all that space. Got a UAG maverick case just had the Apple leather on the 6.
Anyone use the Tech 21 glass screen protector?

Yes. Don't use it! It doesn't compare to a zagg glass.

Sent from my  Iphone 6 plus 

Robster33

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
Yes that's it. But I'd order from zagg. They are running a sale right now.

Thanks for your help. I am in Australia so off Zagg would cost me $55 AUD with postage v Ebay $38 and will have it in 2 days :) We are getting screwed with the exchange rate at the moment :(

burwil

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
I just did the opposite. I had the 6+ and Note 4. Changed both to the S6 Edge and iPhone 6.
I just got tired of the over sized devices. I love the screen size of the 6+ but I feel like its not balanced properly and is top heavy and wants to flip over when trying to use it one handed.
Glad to have choices though. I am happy with both of my phones. I will add a windows phone soon as MS wakes up and makes something worth buying.

I'm a long time Android user and also thought about scaling down phone size as my last two phones were the Note 3 and Note 2. Problem is that there are very few phones out there now with replaceable batteries (like the Notes) and I too often found myself short of battery life. So practically every phone I have owned ended up with an expanded battery. The 6 plus will hopefully break that trend....just got it a few days ago and performed very well connected to WiFi. Out in the wild though with weak cell towers I'm anxious to see how it does. Looking at the slimness of the S6 and Note Edge I doubt it will do as well as the 6 plus. If the 6 plus craps out battery wise I'll return it within two weeks for a Note 4. But I like the 6 plus. The integration of apps with OS. The notification pull down widgets, which was sadly missing in the past.

And I also enjoy not constantly fiddling with the Androids. Which is actually a compliment to that OS since you are in effect given a blank slate and can endless customized. Which I did during my free time....far too much so. Way too many themes and utilities I purchased.

kgenova

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
Yes. Don't use it! It doesn't compare to a zagg glass.

Well, the Tech21 Impact Shield isn't glass, for one thing. It is supposed to protect your screen from scratches and impacts. The Zagg Glass, which I love, won't do that much against impacts, I don't think, but it is great on scratches and feels and looks wonderful on your iPhone. I guess it depends on what you want your screen protector to do.

Robster33

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
Ohh ok. I think you will be pleased with it. It's all I use. Have a good day!

You were right, its great, crystal clear went on easy no bubbles or anything. And this is coming from someone who hates screen protectors and i NEVER use them. Cheers.

How good is the battery on the 6 plus, only on my second full charge and after a day and half still have 46% left.

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
You were right, its great, crystal clear went on easy no bubbles or anything. And this is coming from someone who hates screen protectors and i NEVER use them. Cheers.

How good is the battery on the 6 plus, only on my second full charge and after a day and half still have 46% left.

Battery is great I average 7.5-9 hrs of actual usage. As for the screen protector I do feel it's the best around and it comes with a lifetime warranty. Just be sure to register it at zagg.com.

Robster33

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
Battery is great I average 7.5-9 hrs of actual usage. As for the screen protector I do feel it's the best around and it comes with a lifetime warranty. Just be sure to register it at zagg.com.

No worries, picked up a Spigen neo hybrid and a Slim Armour for $14 delivered to Australia off Amazon.

Robster33

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
Ohh nice very good deal can't go wrong with spigen cases I really like the neo hybrids

Yeah I only really wanted the neo, but to make the $8 postage worth it got the slim armour for $3 too, will probably sell it on eBay.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73