Been on 1% since yesterday evening

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys .... One of the reason why I love my iPhone 6plus is the battery.
The time right now in Australia Sydney is 7:30am.....
I tested my battery and left it on 1% since yesterday evening at approximately 10pm. I used the phone a lot ....went on Tapatalk, Facebook and the web and put it down at 11pm and the battery still didn't die. So I left it over night and I woke up to write this post at 1%.

Boy I love this phone after 7 months of owing it... Still exited

Sent from my iPhone 6plus using Tapatalk

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys .... One of the reason why I love my iPhone 6plus is the battery.
The time right now in Australia Sydney is 7:30am.....
I tested my battery and left it on 1% since yesterday evening at approximately 10pm. I used the phone a lot ....went on Tapatalk, Facebook and the web and put it down at 11pm and the battery still didn't die. So I left it over night and I woke up to write this post at 1%.

Boy I love this phone after 7 months of owing it... Still exited

I wish I could say that is awesome, but it honestly sounds like your % wasn't reading right...lol!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Lol. Cynical much?

Oh by no means am I calling you a liar or questioning your integrity here...and trust me, I think the iPhone 6 Plus has a great battery life, but we have to be realistic here...that kind of span of time on 1% would be hard to believe with ZERO usage...but you said you used it a good bit, so you know, it just seems like something was wonky there with the readout.

iTechHead

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Oh by no means am I calling you a liar or questioning your integrity here...and trust me, I think the iPhone 6 Plus has a great battery life, but we have to be realistic here...that kind of span of time on 1% would be hard to believe with ZERO usage...but you said you used it a good bit, so you know, it just seems like something was wonky there with the readout.

9 times out of 10 a minor software issue if we're being realistic here. I have a hard time believing any phone would last that long on 1 percent under "alleged" heavy usage lol. I believe him but I also believe it was a minor issue with the OS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SmartFah

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
The 6 Plus does have epic battery life, but the battery probably needed recalibrating. Next time it's at 1% run it until the phone shuts off, then charge it to 100%. That should recalibrate it.

I used to recalibrate my phone once a month, but with the 6+ it's almost impossible for me to get to 0%, even when I try.

LMP_IOS

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
I agree with everyone else here. It sounds like the battery wasn't reading correctly.

I would ensure you have the latest update (maybe it is a bug with the latest update) and restart your phone occasionally so it has refreshed/reloaded its IOS. Most of us just charge when it is low and do not actually turn the phone off at all.

Restarting every now and then does a world of good.

Smply_Rckless

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
I tested this yesterday. I managed to get 4 hours off of leaving it on 1% without touching it at all.

Tapatalk'n On The IPhone 6 Plus 

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The 6 Plus does have epic battery life, but the battery probably needed recalibrating. Next time it's at 1% run it until the phone shuts off, then charge it to 100%. That should recalibrate it.

I used to recalibrate my phone once a month, but with the 6+ it's almost impossible for me to get to 0%, even when I try.

What? lol...

LMP_IOS

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
What? lol...

What SmartFah said is true.

Basically, if you run down your phone and then charge it up to 100% at least once a month you recalibrate your battery - the sensor for it,

By doing the above you are expanding the cell life in your battery also - This is the same for any electronic device and is recommended.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site

Basically, if you run down your phone and then charge it up to 100% at least once a month you recalibrate your battery - the sensor for it,

By doing the above you are expanding the cell life in your battery also - This is the same for any electronic device and is recommended.

SmartFah also said that it is almost impossible for him/her to run the battery to 0% even when intentionally trying. Think about that statement for a second.

LMP_IOS

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
SmartFah also said that it is almost impossible for him/her to run the battery to 0% even when intentionally trying. Think about that statement for a second.

Iooking back I only meant the first part of what was said. I must have skimmed that second bit ;)

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

Finn covered it already, but yeah, I guess I should have bolded the part that was just silly to me...I mean yeah, I get it, impressive battery life...but the last part, I just had to laugh. I enjoy the battery life on my 6 Plus, but it's not like it lasts days without a charge or something.

SmartFah

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Finn covered it already, but yeah, I guess I should have bolded the part that was just silly to me...I mean yeah, I get it, impressive battery life...but the last part, I just had to laugh. I enjoy the battery life on my 6 Plus, but it's not like it lasts days without a charge or something.

Obviously it's not impossible to bring the 6+'s battery to zero. When I said impossible, I meant in a regular day of use.

If I'm ready to go to sleep and my battery is at 30%, I'm not gonna stay up for an extra hour or two, trying to intentionally bring my battery to zero in order to recalibrate the sensor.

With previous iPhones, I'd be at 10% or less by the end of the day. With the Plus, I'm usually around 30%. So I don't recalibrate the battery like I used to.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Obviously it's not impossible to bring the 6+'s battery to zero. When I said impossible, I meant in a regular day of use.

If I'm ready to go to sleep and my battery is at 30%, I'm not gonna stay up for an extra hour or two, trying to intentionally bring my battery to zero in order to recalibrate the sensor.

It was just the wording of your post...it was weird and a bit humorous.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh