Improved Battery Life after iOS 8.3 on 6 Plus.

robbrick

Dec 12, 2003
www.dimensiondvd.com
I'm amazed!
dda650ca6d0faba967f27271b3010718.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Anyone seeing improved battery life on their 6 Plus after 8.3?
Seems like I can get close to 10 or more hours usage since the update.

I have dramatically. After work on 8.2 I would leave with around 82-88% now I'm leaving with 97-98%
I don't use my phone at work much other then checking time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bane310

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
I've noticed a improvement in battery life also which is a nice welcome since updating to 8.3 .

Jojo abella

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Im at the opposite side of the bay. After getting the 8.3 update my fone's battery seems not as great as when I had the previous update.

Had already factory resetted and installed on a fresh clean setup and turnoff background app refreshed, location and stuffs. But still my phone's juice isnt still at par as compared to the last os.

Though its nothing I cant leave without. But I just want to share my thoughts as well.

jianrong

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
Yesterday I took my 6+ off the charger at 730AM, went to the gym for 1.5 hours while using it for streaming radio during my workout connected to BT headphones. Went to work for 9 hours and came home. Went to bed around 10PM and battery was at 51%. If I were to be going out for the night, I would not have to worry about charging it beforehand, like I did with previous iPhone models. I love the 6+ battery life!

For me, i took mine around 10am. Use awhile for web. Go to work for 10 hours. Headed home on bt and wifi for music, web and videos 1 hour plus. Went to bed with 77% batt.

Wake up after zzz the batt still 77. (With airplane on while zzz).

Awesome. Ios 8.2

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Unless you use a rather low brightness setting all the time, you are likely not gaining any battery life by disabling Auto-Brightness, but losing battery life instead. iOS is pretty quick and aggressive with responding to the Ambient Light Sensor, and tends to err on the side of dimness in an effort to conserve battery power. If you run with your Brightness at 40% all the time, you're likely still wasting a lot of power because the phone will often set it lower than that a lot of the time when you are indoors.

You swipe up and walk around the see it adjust the brightness in near real time as you go through different levels of brightness.

razza1987

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Unless you use a rather low brightness setting all the time, you are likely not gaining any battery life by disabling Auto-Brightness, but losing battery life instead. iOS is pretty quick and aggressive with responding to the Ambient Light Sensor, and tends to err on the side of dimness in an effort to conserve battery power. If you run with your Brightness at 40% all the time, you're likely still wasting a lot of power because the phone will often set it lower than that a lot of the time when you are indoors.

You swipe up and walk around the see it adjust the brightness in near real time as you go through different levels of brightness.

I have my brightness on the lowest possible setting

robbrick

Dec 12, 2003
www.dimensiondvd.com
Battery life also depends on your carrier. CDMA phones typically use more battery than GSM, due to the different tech and how it uses battery. GSM is more battery efficient.

burwil

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
I only seem to get about 7-8 hours of on screen time out of my six plus

I come from the Android world....just had this phone for a few days. But I think most of you are getting 'usage' wrong. It's the time the phone is not asleep and on battery. Standby is unplugged from charger. In other words it could be working in the background in addition to active usage with the screen on. I don't know where you find screen time if in fact that stat exists natively. I would think the closer usage is to standby, the poorer the performance as the processor works constantly in the background syncing and such while the phone is off battery.

For example I'm at 93% ATM. Over 7 hours of standby and about 1.5 hours of usage. I know the screen hasn't been on for 1.5 hours.

Last edited:

Easycure1974

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
I come from the Android world....just had this phone for a few days. But I think most of you are getting 'usage' wrong. It's the time the phone is not asleep and on battery. Standby is unplugged from charger. In other words it could be working in the background in addition to active usage with the screen on. I don't know where you find screen time if in fact that stat exists natively. I would think the closer usage is to standby, the poorer the performance as the processor works constantly in the background syncing and such while the phone is off battery.

For example I'm at 93% ATM. Over 7 hours of standby and about 1.5 hours of usage. I know the screen hasn't been on for 1.5 hours.

You are correct, it is not screen on time. It can be Spotify streaming in the background or other background processes

Skickat fr?n min iPhone med Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2