Iphone 6 plus screen

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Ok, truth be told, here:
Nothing lasts forever, and no matter how well one cares for anything, there's going to be a normal amount of wear and tear, period.
So your phone was new and got scratched by a pair of earrings, if you're talking micro scratches, you're not talking about something that will impair the function of your phone. And micro scratches are hardly comparable to a giant edge to edge scratch.

Man made things age. So do people, plants, animals.

Or should you get upset at your partner for getting old? Should you refuse to go out and be seen because you're getting old, too, you have wrinkles?
Seriously, clean your screen with a specific cleanser and a soft cloth, put a screen protector and a case on it and live your life.

Lestat1886

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
Ok, truth be told, here:
Nothing lasts forever, and no matter how well one cares for anything, there's going to be a normal amount of wear and tear, period.
So your phone was new and got scratched by a pair of earrings, if you're talking micro scratches, you're not talking about something that will impair the function of your phone. And micro scratches are hardly comparable to a giant edge to edge scratch.

Man made things age. So do people, plants, animals.

Or should you get upset at your partner for getting old? Should you refuse to go out and be seen because you're getting old, too, you have wrinkles?
Seriously, clean your screen with a specific cleanser and a soft cloth, put a screen protector and a case on it and live your life.

I totally agree with you on that! It is not a big deal at allbut i still feel as the screen on this iphone are not as strong as on previous generations

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I totally agree with you on that! It is not a big deal at allbut i still feel as the screen on this iphone are not as strong as on previous generations

I think Karen is onto something, though: If you can't feel the scratch, but you can see it, it's probably not in the glass itself but on the oleophobic film. If you clean it gently with a soft cloth, you might be able to get rid of it.

robbrick

Dec 12, 2003
www.dimensiondvd.com
Apple builds quality iPhones with the hardest glass they can that will fit into their pricing matrix for each model. Each iPhone uses Gorilla glass and each iteration of the glass is getting stronger and tougher. However, it still is glass and not harder than metals and other elements (diamonds). If your sister used your phone while wearing an earring, that is a hazard to the screen and thus you have a few choices: install a screen protector (the glass ones look great and feel just like the iPhone screen), replace the screen, don't allow your sister to use the phone while wearing earrings, or deal with it. Even a sapphire screen will scratch if exposed to something harder than it. Unfortunately, complaining about the quality of the product will do you no good. Apple makes arguably the BEST quality products on the market. They never profess that their iPhones, etc will not scratch, just that they are scratch resistant.

Lestat1886

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
I agree with you. However, i use a galaxy s5 for work with no case or screen protector, it already felt down and the screen still looks perfect! So yes i am disappointed that i had 2 iphone 6 plus who got scratch easily, when i had no issue of this kind with previous iPhone i had.

However, i definitly can live with it, it is just small scratchs and i was just sharing my experience here :)

but i find it is too bad for a device that great and also that expensive to be (in my experience) less resistant to others (including previous iPhones).

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
There are less fragile phones out there.... Every single smartphone I have ever had has gotten small scratches on the screen, No matter how well I take care of them. That is why I purchased a $12 tempered glass screen protector for my $949 device.

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
I agree with you. However, i use a galaxy s5 for work with no case or screen protector, it already felt down and the screen still looks perfect! So yes i am disappointed that i had 2 iphone 6 plus who got scratch easily, when i had no issue of this kind with previous iPhone i had.

However, i definitly can live with it, it is just small scratchs and i was just sharing my experience here :)

but i find it is too bad for a device that great and also that expensive to be (in my experience) less resistant to others (including previous iPhones).

Let your sister make a call with the galaxy and compare....

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
So let me get this straight, you stated this is not your first iPhone 6 to get a scratch, you are not sure how you could do better, yet you STILL have not put a screen protector on your phone?? Do you know why there are so many companies in the screen protector industry? Because screens can scratch. Here's the kicker.....not just Apple products. Samsung, LG, Motorola, HTC, and of course, Apple, all employ screens that under the right condition, will scratch. It doesn't take a sharp knife or drop to the concrete to do it. It could be that one grain of sand in your pocket that just happened to press along in the right way.

Reality is this.....if you don't want to put a screen protector on a screen that is only scratch "resistant", then don't cry when your screen is no longer perfect.

Word!

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
What you wanna bet that they were diamond earrings?

Because the ONLY time I got a screen scratch on any phone was because of diamond studs. And nothing will stop that from scratching.

OP needs to take personal responsibility. End of story.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
What you wanna bet that they were diamond earrings?

Because the ONLY time I got a screen scratch on any phone was because of diamond studs. And nothing will stop that from scratching.

OP needs to take personal responsibility. End of story.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

'Nuf said...:)

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
OP ?

That is fine for personnal responsibility as long as Apple takes its responsability too when needed :)

Go to a Apple Store if there is one near you and complain that you feel the screen failed or make a damage claim. You may get it replaced for nothing.
Users have gotten a free replacement for much much less.
If I felt passionately that a device failed due to poor or sub standard parts I would take it back.
I can understand posting to see if another user has experienced the same situation but if no one here has keep it moving and resolve the complaint with Apple. If you feel Samsung makes better screens and you're disappointed in the iPhone switch back.
I had one crappy HTC phone 4 years ago and would never buy one again.
My experience with iPhone's and with Apple in general has been excellent. I've had only one complaint concerning the 5 iPhone's I have owned going back to the original.

Lestat1886

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
I did that, posting here, to have some impression because i live currently in a country with no Apple Store so i have to wait to travel or for someone to travel to make arrangements. Posting here first just sounded more convenient for a first step

I have an apple care plus that i zlready used once but i dont think i will do it again unless the screen get more scratches lol

And, for using a galaxy s5 for work, i can tell you i am not ready to give up on an iPhone even though i feel its screen is a little more solid (but may be it is just luck) :)

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Thanks! I tried but it didn't work

Dude, no one here can help you. None of us has the power to replace your phone. Go see Apple. Try to convince them that after rubbing their glass screen with diamond earrings that the resulting scratches are flaws in material or workmanship.

They may or may not replace it. But put a screen protector on it and purchase AC+.

Bane310

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
First thing I did before using my 6 plus was stick it in an otterbox defender case , better to be safe then sorry .

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73