Awesome battery case for 6 plus for $16??

mchi5

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
So been looking for different battery cases and even tried the Mophie for the 6 plus, but at $100 and "only" gives you about a 60% charge thought I look elsewhere.

Found this power bank on EBAY. Made in China and It says 4800 mAH battery bank and it was $15.99 shipped! I figured not much to lose.

So decided to try it and am very impressed. It really isn't 4800 mAH battery but more like 3000, will fully charge my 6 plus from dead to full once, which is way more than the $100 mophie

Also it uses the lighting charger which is a huge bonus. Other cases like the Mophie uses the micro USB which is bad, having to carry two chargers.

The only bad thing is, the 4 LED lights are on the front and when it charges it stays on all the time, and when plugged in at night to charge it stays lit. Which is annoying in a dark room at night.

Otherwise I am very pleased and surprised. For $16 total it is a very good battery case. And very good build quality. I wonder how long it will last but for that price if it breaks I can easily buy another one! Makes you wonder why other companies charges $100+ for basically the same thing.

ce875a12025d2ab9f637e455d4fca7be.jpg

8ee1090ae89e2a73e14c89da9ad4eab2.jpg

Last edited:

mchi5

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
From China off eBay for dirt cheap? I wouldn't ruin my phone's battery with that.

How would it ruin your phone's battery I'm just curious? Are you worried it will overheat the phone and cause it to explode?

And BTW, have you looked at the back of your iPhone?? It's Made in China as well LMAO. The same factory that makes and assembles the iPhone prob made the battery case lol

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
How would it ruin your phone's battery I'm just curious? Are you worried it will overheat the phone and cause it to explode?

And BTW, have you looked at the back of your iPhone?? It's Made in China as well LMAO. The same factory that makes and assembles the iPhone prob made the battery case lol

Why did you remove the link to eBay? I'm almost positive it wasn't certified.

And yes, it is very possible that the battery it contains could too quickly charge the phone's battery which could easily damage its battery life quickly.

No, I'm not worried that it will explode.

And thank you for the lesson on where my phone was made. You forget an important point that they're made with Apple's certification. That's pretty significant, don't you think?

mchi5

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
Why did you remove the link to eBay? I'm almost positive it wasn't certified.

And yes, it is very possible that the battery it contains could too quickly charge the phone's battery which could easily damage its battery life quickly.

No, I'm not worried that it will explode.

And thank you for the lesson on where my phone was made. You forget an important point that they're made with Apple's certification. That's pretty significant, don't you think?

No I didn't erase the link. Those are just pics I screenshot off my phone. Here's the link

http://m.ebay.com/itm/400885924554?nav=SEARCH

And yes I don't think it's certified. But I'm not worried about it damaging my phone. I change phones every 6 months an year at the most.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Putting aside the fact that I wouldn't trust using some cheap chinese knock off product on my near $1,000 iPhone...the amount of size it would add to the already large iPhone 6 Plus would be hilarious.

mchi5

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
Putting aside the fact that I wouldn't trust using some cheap chinese knock off product on my near $1,000 iPhone...the amount of size it would add to the already large iPhone 6 Plus would be hilarious.

Yet people all the time buy generic lightening cable chargers. How is that any different?

And even with this battery case I find it less bulky than an Otterbox defender case. And people use those cases all the time

And you all are way too sensitive about your iPhones. It ain't made of gold. It's just a phone lmao. It is easily replaced.

To each their own. I'm very happy with this case for $16. Has worked flawlessly and I like it better than. $100 mophie. If you don't like it don't use it. I posted this in case others are also interested (one EBAY seller has sold 385+ cases so I'm assuming a lot are buying them)

mchi5

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
If you are like me behind the power curb and just getting a i Phone 6 a case is the next thing on the list so thanks for a good info

You're welcome. But a battery case is not for everyone. But if you're a power user and always running out of juice, look into one

robbrick

Dec 12, 2003
www.dimensiondvd.com
Yet people all the time buy generic lightening cable chargers. How is that any different?

I actually once used a generic lightning cable with my iPhone 5 and it did mess my iPhone up. The touch screen started acting weird and the battery stopped charging. It would take a whole day to charge the battery back up from empty. Luckily Apple replaced the phone and I will never use an uncertified product with my iPhone again.

InTheRed

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I checked it out on google and it seems to have good reviews. I typically don't need this type of thing but for the price I bought one. Thanks for the heads up! Great find!

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
One of the guys at work had one and it's POS. It ruined his phone, per Apple. He had Apple Care+ so he was good to go, but with a $1000 phone I'll pay the $100 for the Mophie. And when something happens to the case they stand behind it!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

And even with this battery case I find it less bulky than an Otterbox defender case. And people use those cases all the time

And you all are way too sensitive about your iPhones. It ain't made of gold. It's just a phone lmao. It is easily replaced.

To each their own. I'm very happy with this case for $16. Has worked flawlessly and I like it better than. $100 mophie. If you don't like it don't use it. I posted this in case others are also interested (one EBAY seller has sold 385+ cases so I'm assuming a lot are buying them)

So because I don't want to use some cheap knock off product on my device, some how I'm "overly sensitive"?

I don't buy knock off lightning cables, I use the ones that come with my iPhone and when I need another one, I go buy one at the Apple store or Best Buy. I know it'll work 100% of the time, I know that it will last a long time and I don't have to worry about it.

I'm really confused how someone's decision to avoid these types of products makes them deserving of ridicule from a person like you who would use it. Are you going to tell me I'm overly sensitive because I like to drink Coca Cola instead of store brand soda? Or maybe because I like my cars to be hand washed vs. driving them through the gas station car wash?

My advice to you if you're so concerned about what I buy and use with my money would be...get bent.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2