Having lower memory space and using back up efficiently.

jestevez1222

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
Hello all, I'm wondering what the best way to use the 16gb (or what's actually given) for maximizing my camera usage and not having to worry about taking too much video or photos.

I understand I can simply back up the videos and photos from my phone to a cloud service such as Google Drive, OneDrive, or iCloud. The only thing is, is that I'm wondering how much mobile data these backups actually use.

Ideally, I'd like to take a 60FPS 1080p 5 minute video, automatically back it up to A cloud, delete it, and continue to record.

I tried looking it up online and did not find anything. I'll see what you guys have to say and then make my decision as to switching to the 64gb IP6+ or not.

Again, I do not have unlimited data so this is why it is a dilemma.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Backing up your photos to a cloud service or offloading them to your computer, flash drive, etcetera is, in my opinion, the best way to manage your camera usage.

jestevez1222

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the reply, but maybe I didn't make my question clear.

I'm wondering how much mobile data is actually used using these services. Maybe at one point I won't have access to a laptop or anything and want to do it on the fly. I would like to know an approximate usage value.

I wouldn't imagine it be 1-1 as far as photo size and how much data is required to upload that 1 photo.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Uploading a lot at a time could use quite a bit of mobile data. What you could do is just set up whatever service you're using to only upload once the phone is connected to Wifi.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
If you can afford it, go ahead and get the 64 gb. You can still use cloud based apps for photos and videos. The uploading does take some data. Viewing the photos once uploaded, not so much. Videos always do. You'll be glad you got 64 gb. But 16 is manageable if you don't have tons of music.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner