Can I get a replacement screen from Apple for my iPhone 6 +?

archravi

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
iphone 6 + cracked screen

I was using my iphone 6 + and after the call the screen just cracked. Can i get a replacement from apple as i dont have any way of proving it to them that the glass was not tampered with. Help will be appreciated.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: iphone 6 + cracked screen

I was using my iphone 6 + and after the call the screen just cracked. Can i get a replacement from apple as i dont have any way of proving it to them that the glass was not tampered with. Help will be appreciated.

Sure. If you have AppleCare+, use it. If you don't, you'll be charged a fee, but they will replace the screen for you.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

This is deffinitly a first.....

You'd be surprised. Folks stop by here all the time trying to spin a tale and pass it off as fact.

To the OP, take the iPhone to the Apple Store and see what they will do for you. #nothingtolose

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

I'm going to Apple tomorrow...I was sitting there looking at my iPhone and some how it went flying through the air and ended up with a cracked screen...then, when I least expected it, I was picking it up and it flying through the air again on it's own, this time landing in the middle of the road, and then a car magically appeared on top of it.

Damnedest thing you've ever seen.

archravi

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site

believe it or not but thats the fact! thats the reason i put it in here just to check if it has happened with anyone else too!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

Honestly, I do some what believe OP...my brother's first gen iPad Mini cracked one day around the home button when he was using it (with no prior signs of damage to glass or abuse). Turns out he's the hulk...

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

believe it or not but thats the fact! thats the reason i put it in here just to check if it has happened with anyone else too!

If a crack appeared for no reason, then you got a lemon screen. But regardless of how it happened, you still have to do something to fix it or get another phone. If no insurance, it'll cost. But no one here has ever heard of that happening. And there's some long time iPhone users here. So you can appreciate why very few, if any, believe your story. Good luck!

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site

Take it to the Apple Store. They replaced my screen that "just cracked". They will be able to tell if the phone took any damage. And they might fix it for you without using an AppleCare incident. They did for me.

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site

Take it to the Apple Store. They replaced my screen that "just cracked". They will be able to tell if the phone took any damage. And they might fix it for you without using an AppleCare incident. They did for me.

Lol. To late

asanatheist

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site

I'm going to Apple tomorrow...I was sitting there looking at my iPhone and some how it went flying through the air and ended up with a cracked screen...then, when I least expected it, I was picking it up and it flying through the air again on it's own, this time landing in the middle of the road, and then a car magically appeared on top of it.

Damnedest thing you've ever seen.

This makes sense. Remember those compressed air jet propulsion systems they had patented? Maybe not rumors!

Tanker0

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site

Of course you can. Ask Apple if there is a store near by. Usually they charge $109 (plus tax) to fix a broken iPhone 6 screen. If you can't get to an Apple store, you can mail your device in to Apple for a shipping fee of $6.95. If you purchased AppleCare+ ($99 for two years) for your device, you'll only have to pay $79 for a screen repair -- though AppleCare+ only covers two incidents of accidental damage. If you don't have Applecare+ you can choose a reliable supplier like hcqs.cc to buy a screen replacement and then do the repair by yourself or a repair man.

Momof4grammaof3

Jul 22, 2016
Visit site

My sons Iphone 6 did the same thing... BUT he was holding it and we watched the crack just appear... no pressure, didnt drop it... just to the right of the home button... cracks started showin up... and again today... it is now into the screen.... Not good at all...

Ry

Trusted Member
Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

When swapping yourself or at a third-party, how big is the risk of Touch ID no longer working?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711