Swipe to Answer

Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys. I seem to be having an issue with swipe to answer. More often than I'd like, when a call comes in and the phone is locked, I am unable to swipe to answer to several seconds. The phone suddenly becomes responsive and I am once again able to swipe and I can answer the call. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm on a 6 plus 128. Thanks.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Haven't had that issue with mine. Have you done a reboot? Did that help?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys. I seem to be having an issue with swipe to answer. More often than I'd like, when a call comes in and the phone is locked, I am unable to swipe to answer to several seconds. The phone suddenly becomes responsive and I am once again able to swipe and I can answer the call. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm on a 6 plus 128. Thanks.

I've not had the issue, personally. What version of iOS are you running? Make sure you've updated to the latest - 8.2.

Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
No. I have not. I've actually been searching through these forums and see it's been a lingering issue for some time. I really don't want to set this phone up again lol. I went from a 64 to a 128 6 days after purchase. I am now a week into this one. I would hate to do that again.

robbrick

Dec 12, 2003
www.dimensiondvd.com
It's funny that you're too having this issue. I had a Sprint phone (6 Plus 64GB) and it happened all the time. I have since switched to T-Mobile and have only experienced this one time. I did bring my other phone to Apple and they wiped it and told me to see if it keeps happening - it did - and then I switched to T-Mobile. I would ask Apple to replace it. Could (most probably is) hardware related if it keeps happening.

Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
It's funny that you're too having this issue. I had a Sprint phone (6 Plus 64GB) and it happened all the time. I have since switched to T-Mobile and have only experienced this one time. I did bring my other phone to Apple and they wiped it and told me to see if it keeps happening - it did - and then I switched to T-Mobile. I would ask Apple to replace it. Could (most probably is) hardware related if it keeps happening.

Is there any way to completely restore to a full image? I mean, when I switched phones last time they promised it would restore exactly. It didn't. Even some apps had trouble re downloading.

robbrick

Dec 12, 2003
www.dimensiondvd.com
If you want to restore to a fresh copy, use iTunes and restore the phone and it'll drop a fresh copy of iOS on the iPhone.

Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
If you want to restore to a fresh copy, use iTunes and restore the phone and it'll drop a fresh copy of iOS on the iPhone.

I don't want a fresh copy, that's the thing. Any changes I make, I want the phone back exactly to the way I have it.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I don't want a fresh copy, that's the thing. Any changes I make, I want the phone back exactly to the way I have it.

I would respectfully submit that you are going to have to live with the "swipe to answer" issue. Several people have offered suggestions, and you have stated that you don't want to follow any advice. In that case, you're on your own.

One final suggestion would be to visit an Apple store, but more than likely, they are going to suggest one (or more) of the options already presented to you in this thread.

Good luck and I sincerely hope you can find a solution that is more to your liking.

Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
I would respectfully submit that you are going to have to live with the "swipe to answer" issue. Several people have offered suggestions, and you have stated that you don't want to follow any advice. In that case, you're on your own.

One final suggestion would be to visit an Apple store, but more than likely, they are going to suggest one (or more) of the options already presented to you in this thread.

Good luck and I sincerely hope you can find a solution that is more to your liking.

No.. I have asked how I can replicate my phone's image. The only response to that offered a way to get a fresh image. While I appreciate that knowledge and the effort, that wasn't my question.

Respectfully, I responded to your question with an affirmative answer.

robbrick

Dec 12, 2003
www.dimensiondvd.com
No.. I have asked how I can replicate my phone's image. The only response to that offered a way to get a fresh image. While I appreciate that knowledge and the effort, that wasn't my question.

Respectfully, I responded to your question with an affirmative answer.

Imaging your iPhone would likely cause the same issue if it's software related. Here is what I was told to do from the Apple Store when I went in: Backup your iPhone either to iTunes or iCloud. Then, restore your iPhone and set up as a new phone. Use it for a few days and see if the problem persists. If so, then Apple should replace it for you. If not, then try restoring your iPhone to the previous backup you did and see if any problems arise. If not, then it should be fine. If the problem comes back *only* when you restore, then there is a problem with something in that backup and you will not be able to use it anymore, unless you want the problem to persist. Best advice I can tell you. Good luck.

Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
Imaging your iPhone would likely cause the same issue if it's software related. Here is what I was told to do from the Apple Store when I went in: Backup your iPhone either to iTunes or iCloud. Then, restore your iPhone and set up as a new phone. Use it for a few days and see if the problem persists. If so, then Apple should replace it for you. If not, then try restoring your iPhone to the previous backup you did and see if any problems arise. If not, then it should be fine. If the problem comes back *only* when you restore, then there is a problem with something in that backup and you will not be able to use it anymore, unless you want the problem to persist. Best advice I can tell you. Good luck.

I'll do that next week then. See if maybe something got corrupted along the way. Funny enough, I tried to reproduce this all night and couldn't, but it happened about 70% of the time yesterday at work. This leads me to believe it isn't hardware related.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I restored my phone as new recently. It was a bit of a pain, but worth it. Just be sure all is backed up. You may lose some game progress. But that's all.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
I've started paying attention and this definitely seems software related. After long periods of use, my phone is noticeably not as snappy. This has also started happening on slide to unlock. You can also see the lock screen animations aren't happening during this time. As soon as it becomes responsive, all is well. It even lags with Touch ID

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Then You need to wipe the phone if its a software issue. That's the first thing an Apple employee is going to do or ask you if you did.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR