[Opinion] The 6 Plus has really turned me into a screen/display snob

Status
Not open for further replies.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Apple really did good with the retina screens starting from the iPhone 4. But being someone who uses an iPhone 6 maybe two days out of the week, it really makes me appreciate and recognize just how gorgeous the screen on the 6 Plus is.

We know the iPhone 6 screen is really, really nice. But, man, the 6 Plus has really ruined me for lower-specked (spelling?) screens now. Whenever I use the 6 I can immediately notice the color temperature change and the washed out colors. Even with brightness turned all the way up. Mostly due to the fact that iOS has so much white on it within system apps now. The lack of color temperature in white slaps you in the face and it starts to show in other colors.

I don't care what anyone says about the Note 4 screen being a better looking display. It simply is not with its saturated colors. Not saying it's a bad screen, but in comparison to the 6 Plus the colors just look more natural on its display.

Anyway, just some thoughts after 6 months of use with this monster.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
The note 4 isn't over saturated though ....specially with its options . How many here actually used the note 4 and not the store display? Tbh I didn't like the camera on the 6 plus using the store model with not ideal lighting and etc and found the pictures was ok.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Never seen a Note 4 display but the 6 Plus is a killer display. I watched a tech vid on YouTube a few weeks ago and I don't know how it was recorded but it popped off the screen even watching it with the phone laying flat on a desk.

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
The Note 4 display is not over saturated. None of the current samsung phones are. I prefer the display on my Note 4 more than my 6+. Sometimes I think the 6+ looks dull.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't really pay any attention to stuff like that. The display simply looks nice and I enjoy using the iPhone 6 Plus a great deal. Now in regard to photos, I'm also not a fan of judging how photos look on the device. I prefer to see how they look on a computer screen or when they're printed.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I don't really pay any attention to stuff like that. The display simply looks nice and I enjoy using the iPhone 6 Plus a great deal. Now in regard to photos, I'm also not a fan of judging how photos look on the device. I prefer to see how they look on a computer screen or when they're printed.

Believe me when I tell you if you just use an iPhone 6 or previous one before that for a day and go back to the Plus, you're going to realize what I'm talking about.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Believe me when I tell you if you just use an iPhone 6 or previous one before that for a day and go back to the Plus, you're going to realize what I'm talking about.

I don't doubt you. I'm just saying that I don't really pay attention or focus n stuff like that. Every now and then I check the youngest son's iPhone 5 and my teenage son's iPhone 5S, and although I know they are both different from that of my iPhone 6 Plus, it doesn't drive me crazy or anything like it.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
The note 4 isn't over saturated though ....specially with its options . How many here actually used the note 4 and not the store display? Tbh I didn't like the camera on the 6 plus using the store model with not ideal lighting and etc and found the pictures was ok.

The Note 4 display is not over saturated. None of the current samsung phones are. I prefer the display on my Note 4 more than my 6+. Sometimes I think the 6+ looks dull.

In comparison to the 6 Plus display, I think it's over-saturated.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I have the 6 plus and love the screen but had the note 4 for around 6 months and it really isn't compared to the iPhone. And if you think it is there is setting to lower it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So you're telling him that his opinion is...wrong?

Fascinating.

OCiB1.gif

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
To me, the Note 4 screen looks like a painting on the wall. Very nice. The iPhone 6 Plus looks like the view out the picture window at reality. Also very nice.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

C.K400

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
I had the NOTE 4 for a couple of weeks and I agree. The Note 4 screen is saturated but still OK to look at but the 6 plus screen is beautiful, almost looks wet with the black. By far the best screen I have ever had on a phone. My camera pics look great too as long as they are taken properly. All phones will have sub par pics if the pic itself was taken with many variables to affect the quality.

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
The screen looks great even when not on maximum. Watching youtube videos and editing photos is a breeze. My mom has the 6 and I haven't really compared them but I will now. I think I've just been more impressed with the screen size than anything.

asanatheist

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
Every OLED screen in existence has over saturated colors.

Uh what? You do realize OLED screens' aren't "saturated". It's poor color management of the wide color gamut OLED screens have(color management is largely OS based).

In any case Samsung's Samoled (note 4 and likely S6) have settings that make it the most accurate color reproduction of any mobile display. Mixed with infinite contrast, wider viewing angles per brightness loss ratios, etc.

The Iphone 6 plus screen is decades behind it.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Uh what? You do realize OLED screens' aren't "saturated". It's poor color management of the wide color gamut OLED screens have(color management is largely OS based).

In any case Samsung's Samoled (note 4 and likely S6) have settings that make it the most accurate color reproduction of any mobile display. Mixed with infinite contrast, wider viewing angles per brightness loss ratios, etc.

LOL! You trolls are all the same...sensationalistic comments where you represent your opinion as fact. Did you forget where you are? Maybe crawl back to your little hole on AC where you guys can all circle jerk about how incredibly "beyond" your little Android phones are compare to the iPhone.

It's always hilarious to me as I check out the other forums to see very little in the way of trolling over there from iPhone users (if any at all)...you guys must be bored out of your minds with these products to sit around trolling iMore. If you all spent half the time discussing those devices that you do spewing opinionated and pitiful drivel over here...you'd probably max out the bandwidth of the servers for mobile nations.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

Didn't you just get a iPhone 6? Why get a device that has a screen decades behind the Note 4.

Smply_Rckless

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
I own a note 4, the screen is in fact very saturated. All Samsung phone screens are saturated. It's not bad, but when compared to my 6+ I prefer it over the Note.

Tapatalk'n On The IPhone 6+ 

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
OP - I'm with you... Had a 6 since launch up until a month ago when I switched to a Plus... The screen on the Plus is noticeably better to me... The more I see apps optimized for the Plus' resolution, the better it's looking!! The sharpness is unreal!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711