am1480

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Ok, this is annoying. I have Optimum as my cable provider, and every time I enter my apartment, my iPhone 6 Plus fails to connect automatically to my home WiFi, rather, it connects to a weaker open Optimum WiFi. Why? I would think the stronger signal would take precedence over the weaker signal. Does anyone have an answer to this bizzare occurrence? thank you.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I think it will prefer wifi in the order in which they first connected... I'd go into settings and delete the Optimum wifi and set it up again if you need to for some reason.

am1480

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I clicked on the weaker optimum and chose the option that reads, "Forget This Network". Now, it defaulted to my home WiFi, but my question is this, when I am out and about and away from my home WiFi, will my phone no longer connect automatically to any open Optimum WiFi, which it was doing. I don't mind manually doing it.

21stNow

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
I think it will prefer wifi in the order in which they first connected... I'd go into settings and delete the Optimum wifi and set it up again if you need to for some reason.

I noticed this same problem on my iPad Mini. I'll have to try this this afternoon.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I clicked on the weaker optimum and chose the option that reads, "Forget This Network". Now, it defaulted to my home WiFi, but my question is this, when I am out and about and away from my home WiFi, will my phone no longer connect automatically to any open Optimum WiFi, which it was doing. I don't mind manually doing it.

That is correct...but if you add the optimum wifi now, it should prioritize it as a secondary wifi network, and should connect to your home wifi network as a priority when it is in range, and to the general optimum network as a secondary.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2