My Facetime app is missing from my iPhone 6+, how can I get it back?

I

iMore Question

my facetime app is missing from my iphonr 6+

i've done a spotlight search. . it's also missing from mt settings.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Re: my facetime app is missing from my iphonr 6+

Hi and welcome to iMore.

Did you ever have FaceTime on your device? I know there are some countries where FaceTime has been deactivated. Are you in one of those countries?

The other option is that certain apps, including FaceTime, can be locked out if the parental restrictions have been enabled. Have you checked those to see?

ahj4513

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site

Also have you tried going to contacts for FaceTime calls? If it's available you should be able to place FaceTime calls from the contact page.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mulcahyd

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site

You try to do a factory reset via iTunes and see if FaceTime app would appear?

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk 

Scubi Doo

Jun 11, 2015
Visit site
Just helped my sister-in-law with the same problem on a replacement iPhone 6 from her carrier in FL. After trying all of the things we found online (like restrictions, reset settings, erase and restore) we finally decided to just dig up the detailed phone info using the IMEI.

IT TURNS OUT OUR US CARRIER GAVE HER A REPLACEMENT PHONE ORIGINALLY FROM SAUDI ARABIA.

If you phone has a model number ending in AE or AB (and there may be others), Facetime will not work.

You can use sndeep.info to run the IMEI and then you can scoll down the page and enter your model number to see the phone's coutnry of origin. You find your phone Model and IMEI in Setting > General > About

Hope this helps somebody out there because couldn't find any info on this exact scenario where a US carrier 'accidentally' issued a refurbished foreign phone.

-

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner