my facetime app is missing from my iphonr 6+
i've done a spotlight search. . it's also missing from mt settings.
- 03-23-2015, 11:09 PM #2iMore Elite
- 2,761 Posts
Re: my facetime app is missing from my iphonr 6+
Hi and welcome to iMore.
Did you ever have FaceTime on your device? I know there are some countries where FaceTime has been deactivated. Are you in one of those countries?
The other option is that certain apps, including FaceTime, can be locked out if the parental restrictions have been enabled. Have you checked those to see?
- 03-24-2015, 01:04 PM #3
- 03-30-2015, 10:47 PM #4
- 06-11-2015, 01:07 PM #5iMore Nanite
- 1 Posts
Re: My Facetime app is missing from my iPhone 6+, how can I get it back?
Just helped my sister-in-law with the same problem on a replacement iPhone 6 from her carrier in FL. After trying all of the things we found online (like restrictions, reset settings, erase and restore) we finally decided to just dig up the detailed phone info using the IMEI.
IT TURNS OUT OUR US CARRIER GAVE HER A REPLACEMENT PHONE ORIGINALLY FROM SAUDI ARABIA.
If you phone has a model number ending in AE or AB (and there may be others), Facetime will not work.
You can use sndeep.info to run the IMEI and then you can scoll down the page and enter your model number to see the phone's coutnry of origin. You find your phone Model and IMEI in Setting > General > About
Hope this helps somebody out there because couldn't find any info on this exact scenario where a US carrier 'accidentally' issued a refurbished foreign phone.
- By david9962000 in forum iPhone 6 PlusReplies: 33Last Post: 04-15-2015, 08:44 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 03-24-2015, 07:46 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 03-23-2015, 09:53 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 4Replies: 1Last Post: 03-23-2015, 06:32 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Apple HardwareReplies: 2Last Post: 03-23-2015, 05:25 PM