Can I get some help saving my Power Key & Home Key?

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Re: Apple, help us save the Power Key & Home Key?

I've owned 3 iPhones, 4 ipads and 6 iPods. I've only had the home button fail on one of the iPhones. Apple replaced the handset free of charge, no questions asked.

anon8656116

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site

That makes absolutely no sense. I've had every iteration of iPhone since the beginning...only one of them had a power button issue (iPhone 5), and once replaced, I never had the issue again. This, by definition, negates what you just said.

Common indicates a regular issue that effects a large portion of the users of said product...this simply has not happened on any other iPhone besides the 5, and even then, it was still a relatively small % of the whole.

Honestly, I don’t know what to say. One more time: this isn’t about the people without hardware issues, of which you are one, it’s about the people with hardware issues. Statistically, you are likely to have no issue at all with your iPhone within the typical warranty period. The fact that you’ve claimed to have had every iteration since the first iPhone, suggests to me that you are not using your iPhones long enough as main devices in order to experience these issues and are unlikely to get a faulty button. However, among the hardware issues people are experiencing, a faulty home button is a common one, not as much as a faulty battery or shattered glass of course.

You stated, "Specific to Apple, however, is a faulty home button. It has been causing issues since the first iPhone and has been a weak spot ever since". That statement does not scream "I love the home button" or "I don't want it to go". Agreed This is true. It "can" be a problem and it "is" a problem for "some" people, but again, "some" does not equate to "everyone". Keep in mind that some of the replies are in regard to specific comments within the thread and not necessarily in regard to the thread topic. ;)

You don’t even know why I like the home button, so please don’t presume that just because I support the suggestion to get alternative input methods that I’m not standing behind the home button as such. I actually would only like to have a multi-touch gesture for switching between apps (like on the iPad) or that raise-to-wake-up feature that’s included in the Apple Watch (it’s been a feature on Android for some time, all BlackBerry 10 devices now have it also, it’s pretty neat). Again, these things could reduce the usage of the home button and as such reduce wearing and hardware issues down the road. That’s all this is about.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

...You don?t even know why I like the home button, so please don?t presume that just because I support the suggestion to get alternative input methods that I?m not standing behind the home button as such. I actually would only like to have a multi-touch gesture for switching between apps (like on the iPad) or that raise-to-wake-up feature that?s included in the Apple Watch (it?s been a feature on Android for some time, all BlackBerry 10 devices now have it also, it?s pretty neat). Again, these things could reduce the usage of the home button and as such reduce wearing and hardware issues down the road. That?s all this is about.

This had nothing to do with you liking the home button. That's your business. My previous reply was in regard to a statement you made, and that statement is this:

"I don?t know why anyone here thinks that I advocate replacing or even removing it, because I don?t."

Well, you stated that you like the home button. No problem. Then you made a statement that appeared to be in contradiction with you liking the home button, and that statement was this:

"Specific to Apple, however, is a faulty home button. It has been causing issues since the first iPhone and has been a weak spot ever since".

That is why readers thought you "advocate replacing or even removing it".

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

Perhaps it's time to close this one down. I think we've circled back at least 2 or 3 times now.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

In response to someone not using a iPhone for a long time. I still have my original iPhone almost 8 years old home button is good as new I used the original iPhone from 2007-2009 and iPad 2 for almost 4 years home button still good.
I just disagree that it's a weak spot.
I firmly believe that a person is more likely to not have a home button problem than to have a problem.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

Honestly, I don’t know what to say. One more time: this isn’t about the people without hardware issues, of which you are one, it’s about the people with hardware issues. Statistically, you are likely to have no issue at all with your iPhone within the typical warranty period. The fact that you’ve claimed to have had every iteration since the first iPhone, suggests to me that you are not using your iPhones long enough as main devices in order to experience these issues and are unlikely to get a faulty button. However, among the hardware issues people are experiencing, a faulty home button is a common one, not as much as a faulty battery or shattered glass of course.

Blah blah blah...what you said originally that sparked my retort was that the power button "issue" was a common one, and it is not, regardless of how you attempt to dance around what you mean by "common". Is it more common than a person coming in for their iPhone exploding and leaking alien acid all over their lap? Sure. Is it more common than someone's iPhone sprouting legs and literally running away on it's own? Absolutely.

In the real world though, it is NOT a common issue...at all. Feel free to try and re-define the word "common" to fit your argument though...eventually you'll have to resort to just absurd comedy, and I enjoy reading humorous posts.

anon8656116

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site

Blah blah blah...what you said originally that sparked my retort was that the power button "issue" was a common one, and it is not, regardless of how you attempt to dance around what you mean by "common". Is it more common than a person coming in for their iPhone exploding and leaking alien acid all over their lap? Sure. Is it more common than someone's iPhone sprouting legs and literally running away on it's own? Absolutely.

In the real world though, it is NOT a common issue...at all. Feel free to try and re-define the word "common" to fit your argument though...eventually you'll have to resort to just absurd comedy, and I enjoy reading humorous posts.

Whatever. To quote another poster here: “Perhaps it's time to close this one down. I think we've circled back at least 2 or 3 times now.”

Have a good night.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

Whatever.

stop.gif

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73