Touch ID faulty, I assumed it just sucked.

Peter Ramirez1

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
I ordered my 128gb 6+ from the get go. Got it in October. Used Touch ID since the beginning. It worked 50-75 percent of the time and I was ok with that, for the first few months. My wife's iPhone 5s Touch ID works about 50 percent of the time so it seemed normal. I was close to just turning off Touch ID because it got frustrating unlocking the device.

A week ago my camera stopped working. It wouldn't focus so pictures were blurry. After the Genious's tried to fix it by replacing the camera, they ended up just giving me a new one (refurbished probably)

Now Touch ID works 99 percent of the time. WTH it's amazing. It even works while my hands are a bit sweaty and when I have a bit of oil (at work). As far as I can tell it's only missed 1 time.

To think I had a faulty iPhone with a less than mediocre experience and I just assumed it was the norm. Now I'm thinking of taking my wife's 5s to get it inspected. Although it'll be hard getting her to try Touch ID again.

Nexus

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
Touch id is must have and must use. Mine works all the time unless I have wet hands. Glad you got one working properly now.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
No doubt the TouchID feature spoils the heck out of us...;)....Every time I pick up my youngest son's iPhone 5, I place my finger over the home button waiting for the screen to unlock until I remember that his phone doesn't have the TouchID feature.

Peter Ramirez1

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
No doubt the TouchID feature spoils the heck out of us...;)....Every time I pick up my youngest son's iPhone 5, I place my finger over the home button waiting for the screen to unlock until I remember that his phone doesn't have the TouchID feature.

I do that to my iPad all the time too haha I'm just so glad it's working now. Such a big difference.

Nexus

Reparkable

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
My touch ID has worked 100% of the time. Since I got it mid Dec, it's never failed. Not once. Love it on my 6

Camera works great too

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
My iPhone 6 Plus Touch ID works 100% of the time unless I don't put my finger on it fully which is my fault but my iPad Air 2 works about 65% of the time

chrisforpm

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
My Touch ID works probably around 80% of the time. I've always suspected that there was a problem with it, just haven't taken it in to get checked. I have reprogrammed my finger print several times with no noticeable change.

robbrick

Dec 12, 2003
www.dimensiondvd.com
My TouchID on my old Sprint phone had a problem where it would seemingly 'forget' my prints and I'd have to continuously re-enroll. Now my new T-Mobile phone hasn't had the problem since I've got it a week ago.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2