New 128 gig iPhone 6 plus, but I have a question... possible fake?!?

C.K400

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Hey all! So I got an iPhone 6 plus space grey AT&T model today, 128gig, and I was reading through several different forums and watched a few videos on how to spot a fake or clone. What I have noticed about mine is the chrome apple logo on back is reflective like a mirror. That is supposed to be one of the signs it is a fake. Well everything else on the phone checks out as to what all these videos and reviews are stating. The box is right, the camera and flash is right, it's running 8.2 ios witch I updated out of the box from 8.1.3. I have i Cloud and the app store running with my apple ID and so on. So this one thing is freaking me out. I called apple and they said it was a legit IMEI, I called AT&T and they said it was legit and never been activated. I ran the IMEI on all the check websites and it was clean. It's just this one little thing that is bothering me. Any opinions would be very helpful. I purchased it from guy, he showed me the shipping from fed ex from AT&T paperwork and offered his DL so I could see the same names as on the shipping paperwork. The phone runs great and has given me no problems whatsoever. I just happen to notice that little apple on back being more reflective than what was stated by the fake/clone experts on the web. Any ideas? Am I just crazy? I have a 5c from Verizon from work so I know its legit and its apple logo on back is also like a mirror. I can see my self in both? :huh::huh:

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
If you bought at a carrier store or directly from Apple I would think it would be safe as a legit product

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C.K400

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
If you bought at a carrier store or directly from Apple I would think it would be safe as a legit product

I didn't, I purchased from an individual that showed me his shipping paperwork from AT&T so I assumed it was legit till I saw the apple logo starring at me.

ritesh

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
The video showing how to spot a fake must be fake. If Apple and the carrier have confirmed the genuineness, you have a genuine product.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
If the carrier checks out the IMEI the device is genuine. My Apple logo is also shiny. I ordered it directly from Apple on launch day.

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤

sydneycooper1979

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Mine is shiny as well and mine was purchased at an AT&T store. If the imei checks out then you have a genuine iPhone. Stop fixating on the shiny Apple on the back.

naimmkassim

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
Try to download or purchase something from apple store..if u can..thats mean its not fake..

Make sure its was apple store..not google play

Sent from my  iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

C.K400

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Thanks all for the responses, I feel better now. And yes I signed in to iTunes and I Cloud and the app store when I activated it for the first time. It had never been opened. Nope not gonna rub it with sand paper LOL.

dictoresno

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Isn't the apple logo a totally new and redesigned feature of the 6/6+? They actually made it as a stainless steel insert glued within the aluminum housing. It's not just a highly polished part of the aluminum backing anymore.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

C.K400

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Isn't the apple logo a totally new and redesigned feature of the 6/6+? They actually made it as a stainless steel insert glued within the aluminum housing. It's not just a highly polished part of the aluminum backing anymore.

That's a good question? I have not heard that but it would make a ton of sense> Anyone else know anything about this???

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Pretty sure it was noted at the unveiling in September.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/markrog...ogo-itself-could-be-contributing-to-bendgate/

What I don't get about the article is that Apple did indeed change the design of the iPhone 4 and then the 4S after antenna gate. When Verizon model came out it had the antenna bands move slightly. Apple won't change the design probably but if that is the cause of "bendgate" it could change the Apple logo to something else like how they did previously like how they said in the article

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR